LSD-Rumi

Was Osho punished for his deeds?

65 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In the last years of his life, he was deported from The US and no other country wanted to accept him. He returned to India, to experience a debilitating physical illness for 5 years before his death, he died young (58 years old). "Osho continued to struggle with chronic health issues, including asthma, diabetes, and chronic back pain. He suffered from extreme fatigue, memory loss, and coordination problems, which further hampered his ability to lead and engage with his community". He claims he was poisoned by heavy metals in US custody.

Or am I doing a lot of projection here?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

What are your projections here?! Doesnt make sense 

He claimed that the Ronald Reagan administration poisoned his food during his time in prison.

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

He was being drugged and his health was not being properly cared for by his doctors, who were routinely giving high dosages of various drugs. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Posted (edited)

Sounds like he just had poor health. But who can tell?

I don't think his health was robust prior to being arrested.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

he maintained a prolific output and schedule was just as heavy right until the day he died, google osho timeline to see the schedule he maintained for 50-some years ... could you do those kind of hours year in year out? he loved his life and loved his people, that's why he kept going ... was perfectly happy to give up the body too

@gettoefl

It just bothers me how he abused his followers and allowed himself to engage in shameful things, behavios rthat you wouldn't expect from a dirty politicion.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

30 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@gettoefl

It just bothers me how he abused his followers and allowed himself to engage in shameful things, behavios rthat you wouldn't expect from a dirty politicion.

you are projecting here ... can you name one follower who spoke of abuse perpetrated

sheila was certainly a mendacious power-hungry character, the complete opposite of osho ... shame that he entrusted her with so much power ... yes things in oregon were badly mishandled but osho was still osho throughout

@gettoefl Abuse includes extracting money from followers willingly to buy a fleet of Rolls-Royce cars.

He was punished by his own mind and chronic paranoia 

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@gettoefl Abuse includes extracting money from followers willingly to buy a fleet of Rolls-Royce cars.

His followers have been buying cars for him themselves.

Funny fact: Ma Anand Sheela lives approximately a 20-minute drive from my place.

Edited by shree

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

@LSD-Rumi which "deeds "? His unbreakable eye contact :D?

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

If a guru is in bad health i automatically start from the principle that something is particularly wrong in his paradigm.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

As enlightened as he was I believe his wisdom was not a perfection and that made him do certain mistakes. And those mistakes had consequences later on. 

We all do mistakes. It happens. But he gave some great effort and contribution to help humans aswell i would say. Something worth appreciating imo. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Quite clearly one can fall from grace. Even reaching higher states of conciousness doesnt give infinite impunity. 

Seems the goal of life is to reach a high level of baseline conciousness, and proceed to live a queit peaceful life. All forms of power, abuse etc will lead back down to hell eventually

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, bambi said:

Seems the goal of life is to reach a high level of baseline conciousness, and proceed to live a queit peaceful life. All forms of power, abuse etc will lead back down to hell eventually

Power can used for good aswell bro. That conclusion about The Goal can't be true then. 

Let people try to do good, support them and if they trip, don't spit on them but try to help them get up. That's the goal of life imo. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

In the last years of his life, he was deported from The US and no other country wanted to accept him. He returned to India, to experience a debilitating physical illness for 5 years before his death, he died young (58 years old). "Osho continued to struggle with chronic health issues, including asthma, diabetes, and chronic back pain. He suffered from extreme fatigue, memory loss, and coordination problems, which further hampered his ability to lead and engage with his community". He claims he was poisoned by heavy metals in US custody.

Or am I doing a lot of projection here?

Probably reading too much into it.  But who knows...Mind and Body act as one..and if he was that enlightened he should have been able to heal himself at least to some degree..but it sounds like he just got bit by the karma snake.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Power can used for good aswell bro. That conclusion about The Goal can't be true then. 

Let people try to do good, support them and if they trip, don't spit on them but try to help them get up. That's the goal of life imo. 

Power for the sake of power, or power to manipualte and control others is always negative. True power comes from selflessness and love

Osho was confused and had a clear fall from grace, same as Trungpa, Watts etc etc

Dont mistake intelltual oration for any deep state of being

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, bambi said:

power to manipualte and control others is always negative

Love is also manipulation and control. But positive. It transforms darkness into light. 

Edited by Salvijus