Yali

Russell Brand Goes FULL MAGA

62 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They are so idealistic that they would rather not vote for Biden than do what is practically needed.

Precisely because they are brainwashed with moral idealism, utopianism, and progressivism.

Progressivism is a mental cancer that makes people say and do stupid things in the name of social equality.

None of these people is thinking deeply about how society works. They are pushing their utopian agenda because they don't understand the complexties of human behavior and they just naively want a nice world.

but what about the progressive Era of the 1900s or the New Deal era or the civil rights movement? Those were not stupid things that happened in the social equality?

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

but what about the progressive Era of the 1900s or the New Deal era or the civil rights movement? Those were not stupid things that happened in the social equality?

Of course not everything about progressivism is stupid. It has to be approached intelligently, with a certain sense of proportion. Certain progressive ideas are good and important, but it's also about being aware of how best to get others onboard with those ideas, rather than just moralize at them with pipe-dreams.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Russell is Green, but Green can get wacko. Remember, Green still falls into group-think and all sorts of silly ideas.

I don’t know Leo, he certainly seems to have regressed into blue somewhat.

The blue/Maga Trump crowd were willing to cover him across his sexual misconduct scandal. He seems to be rubbing shoulders now with all sorts of blue ilk regularly as a result, a la Rubin and Trump Jr., which seems to be infecting his political ideas.

Also, what is even more juicy, is his conversion to a flavor of blue born again Christianity over the past month, even disavowing regular spiritual practices and reading bible versus to the joy of blue Jesus followers. This is a clear backlash against his holistic green spirituality which he’s had for years. He even got baptized with Bear Grylls lol.

Personally I think he went through a crisis in meaning due to the sexual misconduct accusations and backlashed to blue both politically and spiritually to stabilize through it and make sense of the mainstream orange/green-esque vendetta against him (or how he likely perceives it).

I don’t think his spirituality was very deep to begin with to survive an existential/moral crisis as this either, hence the fall back on a blue Christian religious framework.

Having said that I agree he retains a lot of green politically with all his anti-mainstream stuff, but it seems to have infused itself in parallel with blue anti-establishment stuff now too, hence the wacko flavor you mention.

Either way it’s shameful he is so sloppy not just politically, but spiritually. I expected better. He is all over the place.

Edited by bammy32

Posted (edited)

@bammy32 I think he's fallen hard into the issue of audience capture, similar to Jimmy Dore.

Once you start playing a successful YT character then that character could become the real you.

If you play the dancing monkey for strangers long enough eventually you will become the dancing monkey that at first was just your shtick.

And remember, nobody is a solid Spiral color. People live and express across multiple stages.

Edited by Leo Gura

The economy and living costs (homes, food, gas, insurance) were better with Trump.

@Leo Gura curious, how do you account for the Christian religious conversion though?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

The economy and living costs (homes, food, gas, insurance) were better with Trump.

That's misleading.

Yes, cost of living was somewhat better under Trump than under Biden; however, real incomes, better job opportunities, job security, and overall living standards have been far better for most Americans under Biden than under Trump. Health insurance under Biden has actually been the best ever Biden than any president in US History. The uninsured rate and underinsured has already been at an all time low!

Also, we are no longer in an inflation crisis. In fact, the levels of inflation have for well over a year been already been better than the "Morning in America" 80s Reagan decade of prosperity was.

Btw, even labor workers and labor unions have come to really like and respect Biden more than any other president since Truman in the 40s. 

Also, the stock market has kept reaching record highs under Biden!

Edited by Hardkill

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

That's misleading.

Yes, cost of living was somewhat better under Trump than under Biden; however, real incomes, better job opportunities, job security, and overall living standards have been far better for most Americans under Biden than under Trump. Health insurance under Biden has actually been the best ever Biden than any president in US History. The uninsured rate and underinsured has already been at an all time low!

Also, we are no longer in an inflation crisis. In fact, the levels of inflation have for well over a year been already been better than the "Morning in America" 80s Reagan decade of prosperity was.

Btw, even labor workers and labor unions have come to really like and respect Biden more than any other president since Truman in the 40s. 

Also, the stock market has kept reaching record highs under Biden!

What? Idk what to say. Money has gotten WAY worse I didn't even think it would be a conversation or a dispute

Almost EVERYONE is struggling with their purchasing power and empty wallets 

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Inflation would have happened under any president. Inflation happened all across the world and Europe got it worse than the US.

Blaming this on Biden and thinking that Trump would have somehow magically fixed it is just an absurd form of cope. There is nothing Trump would have done, or will do to ease inflation.

And mistakes or problems under Biden, Trump will make them bigger and worse.

Gaza will be worse.

Taxes will be worse.

Immigration will be worse.

Free speech will be worse.

Healthcare will be worse.

Envirnment will be worse.

Infrastructure will be worse.

Foreign policy will be worse.

Courts will be worse.

Justice system will be worse.

Diplomacy will be worse.

Market crashes will be worse.

Inflation will be worse.

Corruption will be worse.

10 hours ago, bammy32 said:

@Leo Gura curious, how do you account for the Christian religious conversion though?

Green forms of Christianity exist.

Be careful not to oversimplfy religion to just Blue.

Edited by Leo Gura

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Immigration will be worse.

How so?

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Diplomacy will be worse.

I heard no wars started under him, which is one reason he is so popular. Obama and Biden started a tons of wars, or a ton of wars started under them.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Karmadhi said:

How so?

Do you not remember the Muslim ban?

Trump's literal border idea was to dig a mote and stock it with crocodiles.

I heard no wars started under him, which is one reason he is so popular. Obama and Biden started a tons of wars, or a ton of wars started under them.

Biden didn't start any wars.

Biden is just reacting to stuff that would have arisen under Trump, and Trump would react to it even worse.

All of Trump's policies are based in a profound ignorance of things work. Trump is fundamentally too ignorant to create effective solutions to any serious social problems.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Trunp's literally border idea was to dig a mote and stock it with crocodiles.

You gotta be kidding. I can't believe this.

Actually, I do believe it coming from him. Just was shocked at first haha

Edited by Vibes

@Leo Gura I hear ya but we don't know because inflation DID happen under Biden and NOT under Trump. Maybe Europe and the rest of the world got inflation because the USA is the biggest superpower and what happens here ripples out everywhere else. I don't care about anything else because if I have enough money I can avoid all those other problems by just buying a super nice penthouse away from trouble and throw money at any fires that get started so for me the economy is the #1 thing for voting for a president. And being self actualized is way more important because if you aren't developed then even if all those issues are fixed you would probably still find yourself in a bad situation but I know not everyone shares my thoughts on that and that is okay. I lean more libertarian anyway

I mean the housing market is so cutthroat now that you probably have to pay triple what you would have had to pay and if you want lets say a vacation home that means you have to pay triple TWICE. Forget the eggs, cheese, and steak...a home is the biggest purchase of your life so thats really what it all boils down to 

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

@Leo Gura I hear ya but we don't know because inflation DID happen under Biden and NOT under Trump. Maybe Europe and the rest of the world got inflation because the USA is the biggest superpower and what happens here ripples out everywhere else. I don't care about anything else because if I have enough money I can avoid all those other problems by just buying a super nice penthouse away from trouble and throw money at any fires that get started so for me the economy is the #1 thing for voting for a president. And being self actualized is way more important because if you aren't developed then even if all those issues are fixed you would probably still find yourself in a bad situation but I know not everyone shares my thoughts on that and that is okay. I lean more libertarian anyway

I mean the housing market is so cutthroat now that you probably have to pay triple what you would have had to pay and if you want lets say a vacation home that means you have to pay triple TWICE. Forget the eggs, cheese, and steak...a home is the biggest purchase of your life so thats really what it all boils down to 

What you describe are the problems of excessive capitalism and wealth inequality.

Trump is a corrupt toxic capitalist. So he will only make those problems worse. He has already promised all his major billionaire donors big tax cuts. So under Trump the rich will get richer at the expense of you and me.

If you think Trump will save you from the evils of toxic stage Orange, you are beyond delusional. Trump is the epitome of the problem you want him to solve. He has zero capacity to solve that problem. Or really any problem. Because all he cares about is grabbing as much power for himself as possible and using it to enrich himself. If you cannot see that you are a fool and you deserve him to scam you.

Trump's policies will easily lead to a big market crash, as W Bush did in 2008. That's how excessive Orange works. They run up the market until everything crashes and the rich walk away with the profits. The little guys, including all his MAGA supporters will end up screwed and worse off in the end. That is Trump's con. And it's obvious as day to anyone with a bit of wisdom.

Trump will deregulate all the markets, allowing giant Wall Street monopolies, banks, and hedge funds to buy up more and more houses, push up prices, and extract ever higher rents until home ownship becomes impossible for anyone other than multi-millionaires.

You don't care about anything other than money. And neither does Trump and his Wall Street friends. The only difference is, they will fuck you because they are large and you are tiny. So in the end they will steal your money. That is the whole Orange game.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura It's not that I only care about money I just have realized through my life experience it is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to politics for the reasons I stated. 

I haven't looked into the spiral dynamics of these politics yet. Thanks for the insight into orange 

Why doesn't Biden fix the housing market now? The country needs it more than anything else

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

@Leo Gura It's not that I only care about money I just have realized through my life experience it is the most important thing to focus on when it comes to politics for the reasons I stated. 

Most people in Orange think like you. Which is why we have the problems we have.

If you multiply your logic by 100 million other people, you see the problem with it.

Why doesn't Biden fix the housing market now? The country needs it more than anything else

He's just not that powerful. A president has little control over such things.

He would at the least need to get laws passed, which MAGA Republicans would block. Look at which party is most opposed to Wall Street and business regulation.

What you are talking about is regulations on capitalism.

The Biden admin has done a lot to crack down on and sue big monoplies like Google, Apple, Amazon, and Ticketmaster. This would NEVER happen under Trump.

Should Biden be doing more? Yes. But Trump will do nothing. And even make things worse by cutting what few regulations we have.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura I will admit my politics is quite shit. But just a few years ago housing was a really fair price and it was like that for at least a decade or maybe more. Wish it could go back 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Biden didn't start any wars.

No. Obama did. Bush did.

The argument is because Trump is unpredictable and non diplomatic, it would make countries think twice about starting wars that hurt the US. Putin would not have dared to invade Ukraine like he did. This is one example I hear people say. I am not an expert per say.

But i do know Putin did not invade Ukraine under Trump. Perhaps it is chance, perhaps it was by design.

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

No. Obama did. Bush did.

The argument is because Trump is unpredictable and non diplomatic, it would make countries think twice about starting wars that hurt the US. Putin would not have dared to invade Ukraine like he did.

That's a very stupid argument.

The truth is that Biden is much more of a threat to Putin than Trump.

And bad diplomacy is what starts wars not ends them.

But i do know Putin did not invade Ukraine under Trump. Perhaps it is chance, perhaps it was by design.

Putin's desire to invade Ukraine had nothing to do with who was president. Putin has been grinding an axe against NATO for 20 years.

The only thing Trump could have done is just given Putin everything Putin wanted or disban NATO. Which is not a wise move.

Edited by Leo Gura

That's a very stupid argument.

It is used by many intelligent people and gives Trump a lot of points. So whether it is stupid or not, it brings votes.

The truth is that Biden is much more of a threat to Putin than Trump.

I think so too.

The only thing Trump could have done is just given Putin everything Putin wanted or disban NATO. Which is not a wise move.

One thing I think about  Trump  is that he would be harsher on negotiating peace between Ukraine and Russia. This war at this point is just stupid and unnecessary. Biden cares more about weakening Russia than saving Ukraine which is a policy I cannot endorse. Perhaps, Trump would be the same. But Biden handling of this war at this point is problematic. Ukraine is being destroyed in a cruel war of attrition which is cannot win. They would have been much better off doing a peace deal in 2022 in Istanbul which was basically hijacked by US/UK. John Mearsheimer often mentions it.