quantumspiral

Living in Latin America

39 posts in this topic

In some sense, this is why Mexico is preferable to many other Latin American countries from a security perspective. While plenty of minor crime happens, most of the violent crime is consolidated within cartels. Cartels have orders to not mess with gringos (although this is certainly not adhered to all the time)

I am living in a western country and honestly the rat race feels pressuring.

I have been considering to move to Thailand/Philippines/Vietnam.

The only thing that is holding me back is that it’s to far from my friends and family.

Posted (edited)

On 6/9/2024 at 10:25 AM, quantumspiral said:

There are many good reasons to live in Latin America- in fact there's been a pretty big exodus from the USA since 2020, and Latin America is US expat's top destination.

The pros are pretty obvious- good weather year round in many parts, cheaper cost of living, more insulation from global geopolitical conflicts, pretty girls (and a likely higher relative SMV than you have in the West), areas of incredible natural beauty and amazing beaches.

The big downside is security- low(er) trust cultures, crime and an ever present threat of physical violence are pretty much the case for the whole region. This undoubtably will lead to issues moving up the spiral dynamics stages into green and beyond. Lower levels of education will mean much more difficulty finding others to discuss highly intellectual ideas than in the US.

It's a move that's very inline with the concept of having more life experience that Leo dedicated an episode to a while back.

Anybody else considering a move to Latin America? Why or why not? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Pictured below is a beach in Baja California Sur, Mexico

balandra-beach-mexico-shutterstock_619641650_9e1a2ef751.jpeg

I've lived in Latin America, Mexico and Guatemala, for over 1.5 years. While i can say this started a profound shadow work journey for me (all the blue and red spiral dynamics reflections), thus leading to all this massive growth, which I'm so grateful for, I'm looking forward to and aligning with get back to the states. I was living in a green city. I was part of a high conscious, heart centered community. While I'm grateful, and keep meting more and more aligned people, I haven't found my tribe yet. It hurts to be in these places. Also I've been living in these small and powerful spiritual towns. You can definitely find safe places. I'm missing adventure. 

Edited by Fountainbleu

3 hours ago, Fountainbleu said:

I've lived in Latin America, Mexico and Guatemala, for over 1.5 years. While i can say this started a profound shadow work journey for me (all the blue and red spiral dynamics reflections), thus leading to all this massive growth, which I'm so grateful for, I'm looking forward to and aligning with get back to the states. I was living in a green city. I was part of a high conscious, heart centered community. While I'm grateful, and keep meting more and more aligned people, I haven't found my tribe yet. It hurts to be in these places. Also I've been living in these small and powerful spiritual towns. You can definitely find safe places. I'm missing adventure. 

Im confused on what you’re saying. Are you saying you miss the Latin spiritual towns or you miss the Green cities in the US

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

4 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Im confused on what you’re saying. Are you saying you miss the Latin spiritual towns or you miss the Green cities in the US

"Im looking forward to get back to the states". I'm missing the green cities in the US. 

11 hours ago, Fountainbleu said:

"Im looking forward to get back to the states". I'm missing the green cities in the US. 

Gotcha. US seems like such a Shitshow right now and the dating scene seems like hell. But I can also see your reasons for wanting to re integrate there

Lions Heart YouTube

Also I’m curious what Green cities you’re referring to?

Lions Heart YouTube

10 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

Gotcha. US seems like such a Shitshow right now and the dating scene seems like hell. But I can also see your reasons for wanting to re integrate there

On 6/14/2024 at 10:24 AM, BlessedLion said:

Are you not there right now? I'm also wondering the same. What the 'vibe' is like? Not what the news is showing. I also know it's a matter of perspective. I've asked people from Colorado, Boulder for example, and they say they are loving it. I was in Austin, and I absolutely loved it. 

*not sure why it's copying this older post^, fyi. 

I’m not but my little brother is in Venice and it sounds awful. 

Im going to Boulder in a few weeks, there is a cool Green vibe there but it isn’t quite as authentic as I find in towns like Lake Atitlan or Mazunte. But I’m sure you can find your peeps. 

Austin, I’ve heard has gotten super crowded and techy. I lived there for 7 years so likely wouldn’t go back. 

I heard Santa Fe, Sedona, And Nevada City are all cool too 

I’m in Brazil now

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

@BlessedLion The problem is locals in Lake Atitlan / Mazunte are no way near stage green, only expats. This narrow view of the demographic is why stage green expats have the potential to be so irritating xD

Edited by quantumspiral

@quantumspiral that’s true, the locals in Mazunte are definitely Blue and even Red in some cases, but the expats that are there are distilled and most are Green some even Yellow and Turquiose. Like the senior teachers at Hridaya for example. 

And of that population like 90% are Green, a much higher statistic you’ll find in any city. For me it’s a great environment to be in because these people inspire me and are on my level of growth and consciousness. I can sit at any cafe and have a conversation about life purpose, the nature of God, or Tantric Sex with almost any random stranger. 

It’s truly a dream. 

Lions Heart YouTube

Also the community hangs together so you see them everywhere. And the locals are chill. It’s unlikely you’ll find anywhere in the world where you aren’t integrated with other stages. And it’s all peaceful and respectful for the most part. I love the locals in Mazunte 

Lions Heart YouTube

I have to admit I do have a morbid fascination with cartels / narcos and find the desert landscapes really beautiful, so I am planning to take my next trip in Northern Mexico

Posted (edited)

I lived in Mexico for 10 years.  I liked it.  There is more freedom to be yourself than in America.  Even the street dogs are tranquilo.  

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 6/16/2024 at 10:01 AM, BlessedLion said:

I’m not but my little brother is in Venice and it sounds awful. 

Im going to Boulder in a few weeks, there is a cool Green vibe there but it isn’t quite as authentic as I find in towns like Lake Atitlan or Mazunte. But I’m sure you can find your peeps. 

Austin, I’ve heard has gotten super crowded and techy. I lived there for 7 years so likely wouldn’t go back. 

I heard Santa Fe, Sedona, And Nevada City are all cool too 

I’m in Brazil now

For sure I hear you about most of California. I was in San Diego not to long ago and it was a vibe. Place is a total portal. I was staying in ocean beach. Going to the drum circles most Wednesdays, DJ's on the beach having ecstatic dances. I was like woah, I found my place. That lasted a few months but felt called to leave after a while. 

Sounds like we're a lot on the same path. That oneness as ram dass would say. Wait, is that me? :) Yeah I spent a lot of time in Mazunte and Lake Atitlan. I'm super grateful for my time there, so much growth. Mexico was special, while I didn't enjoy it entirely I started having profound realizations, being by the ocean. Non-dual awakenings. I agree most of the expat community is green but imo (observation) lower stages of green. To share and shine some light, as I'm doing all this shadow work, i reflect a lot of the community doesn't see me and seems to outright reject me, a sort of shallowness. Where in Austin ime it was higher green and even yellow. People saw me and accepted me. But not as much growth on the human side. As I shared all these reflections and triggers has led to tremendous growth. 

At the sametime, the more growth I'm doing the more I am becoming accepting of others, realizing we're all on our own path, and meeting more and more people that are aligned. Even people that are doing there own shadow work and seeing they have so much beauty in them as well:)

Btw, please let me know how Boulder goes for you! 

I've also heard amazing things about the places you mentioned and Taos. 

I meet someone in my travels who was going to Brazil for a couple of weeks and ended up staying nearly a year. He really loved it. Mostly stayed in small towns. Said it was like India, so big, so many different cultures and ways in each part. 

It sucks. Only go there for vacations or if you are going to stay go to a place on the outskirts of the city. Either to some countryside near the mountains and full of nature or near the beaches on some town where you can meet other tourists and foreigners who live there which can be higher quality people to be around. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link