quantumspiral

Living in Latin America

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There are many good reasons to live in Latin America- in fact there's been a pretty big exodus from the USA since 2020, and Latin America is US expat's top destination.

The pros are pretty obvious- good weather year round in many parts, cheaper cost of living, more insulation from global geopolitical conflicts, pretty girls (and a likely higher relative SMV than you have in the West), areas of incredible natural beauty and amazing beaches.

The big downside is security- low(er) trust cultures, crime and an ever present threat of physical violence are pretty much the case for the whole region. This undoubtably will lead to issues moving up the spiral dynamics stages into green and beyond. Lower levels of education will mean much more difficulty finding others to discuss highly intellectual ideas than in the US.

It's a move that's very inline with the concept of having more life experience that Leo dedicated an episode to a while back.

Anybody else considering a move to Latin America? Why or why not? Interested to hear your thoughts.

Pictured below is a beach in Baja California Sur, Mexico

balandra-beach-mexico-shutterstock_619641650_9e1a2ef751.jpeg

Edited by quantumspiral

Posted (edited)

(Some) freedom from the technocratic control grid being installed across many countries is another advantage.

Edited by quantumspiral

I did this. 10000% better than the USA just based off what I value but it’s definitely not for everyone. Life is more dangerous in Brazil, where I am. But the risk is worth it. 

I’ve been in Latin America for 5 years now. It’s fucking amazing. I’m between Mexico and Brazil but mostly Mexico. Although I’m in Brazil now, and my God, the women here make it almost worth it solely for that purpose. I didn’t know what a true woman was until I came down here. 

Pros

Weather

Cost

Vibes (everyone is friendly and happy, mostly) 

Expat communities (it’s like the children of lost island who ran away from the psychotic West) 

THE WOMEN so feminine bronze and sexy and also very developed in some areas, as developed as women in the west just hotter and more fun and better at sex 

Ease of Life (I feel little stress, people don’t stress like they do in the US) 

Fast paced (life goes quick, in a flow)

Safe (I actually feel safer in my town in Mexico than I do the US, for Rio it’s another story)

Cons

Always being the Gringo or foreigner 

Loud

Things are less efficient 

Less quality dental and medical care but much cheaper 

Honestly since moving to Latin America im so much happier  I feel like this is actually where I’m from and was supposed to be  I never felt like I fit into the US  everyone here has such open hearts and function on respect, kindness, and Love, it’s like they are spiritual without meditating. And one more time, The women are absolute Godesses 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, quantumspiral said:

@Lyubov Glad to hear it- which part of Brazil are you in?

Rio de Janeiro 

Edited by Lyubov

8 hours ago, Lyubov said:

Rio de Janeiro 

I was just there for 6 weeks. Incredible spot. But I had to gtfo it’s so intense 

Lions Heart YouTube

On 09/06/2024 at 1:25 PM, quantumspiral said:

crime and an ever present threat of physical violence are pretty much the case for the whole region.

That's not the case. Yes, there are risks. But I think it may increase when you are a "gringo" or a person who is totally new to some specific region. It makes you more vulnerable. I lived my whole life safely in Brazil and felt threatened on some occasions during trips to Europe and the USA. 

I was I a paradise at Bahia Brazil recently. If you have a online work that pay you good money is a good choice to live there both climate wise and social wise. The reasons are the same explained above by others. The cons also for Gringos. 

But even me as a Brasilan I felt like Gringo in Bahia since I am from South, Causasian and Living in Europe for 17 years. Do Brasil is like Holidays for me.

@WonderSeeker I have to leave Brazil in a month and today I got depressed realizing I won’t see any Brazilian women for like a year. Legit depressed

Lions Heart YouTube

1 minute ago, BlessedLion said:

@WonderSeeker I have to leave Brazil in a month and today I got depressed realizing I won’t see any Brazilian women for like a year. Legit depressed

They have some of the cutest smiles you’ll ever see :)

I am Brazillian and i wouldn't live here if I weren't born here.

The violence alone is enough. 

People in developed countries have no idea how bad it is to deal with danger 24/7, not being able to fully relax unless you are very naive (which tourists tend to be).

I just hope the situation improves there. I live in America, and illegal immigration from the south of America's border was one of the major political brew-ha-ha's that led to Trump being elected. 

The situation in Argentina doesn't look good, since their new president is causing all of this hyper inflation. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

@Recursoinominado Which region / city are you referring to? Or are you speaking about the whole of Brazil? Even the South?

2 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

I am Brazillian and i wouldn't live here if I weren't born here.

The violence alone is enough. 

People in developed countries have no idea how bad it is to deal with danger 24/7, not being able to fully relax unless you are very naive (which tourists tend to be).

Yah. In Rio I felt constantly unsafe and on edge. It was not good for my nervous system. I’m in the Northeast now and it feels safer 

Lions Heart YouTube

4 hours ago, quantumspiral said:

@Recursoinominado Which region / city are you referring to? Or are you speaking about the whole of Brazil? Even the South?

I am from Bahia and lived here most of my life. Even if you "feel" safe, you are not, trust me.

Of course, some places are much better than others, the south is usually safer but it is still Brazil.

I lived in São Paulo for almost 2 years, felt generally safer than in Bahia but I knew it wasn't safe, just relatively safer.

I also lived in small villages, places that should be the safest place to live in Brazil but when you get to know the place, you will be aware that there are still drug cartels and "minor" crimes like theft (usually without violence) are really common.