enchanted

If you were rich, what would you do with your time?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If money want an issue would any of you work or could you do nothing? Is it healthy to do nothing? 

COVID was the happiest time of my life and it's because I wasn't allowed to do anything except sit at home. 

Any thoughts?

Edited by enchanted

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, enchanted said:

If money want an issue would any of you work or could you do nothing? Is it healthy to do nothing? 

COVID was the happiest time of my life and it's because I wasn't allowed to do anything except sit at home. 

Any thoughts?

For Me, Money jus represents Physical Freedom, no more working for someone else controlling my time, no more driving home from work being stuck in traffic and them controlling my time, no more rushing around on weekends getting chores done because there is no time during the week, so physical time is important for me...

I've thought about this allot, if at first I won the lottery, Wifey and I would travel and just spoil ourselves for a little bit, see family in different places in the world, get this sort of thing out of the way, then settle down somewhere in a good solid house or condo and figure out some creativity and output of life, as I know I am no good just sitting around all day for days on end.. I would for sure restart my Sadhana and practices, more time at the gym too, and maybe start Teaching Kung Fu again... lots to do and explore when You don't have to worry about $$ and paying bills and work responsibilities...

I worked full time hours during most all of covid, no break there for me:)

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

That's the trap that comes with money.

Let's say you won the lottery and now you buy yourself a nice car, home cinema, boat whatever. Now all these things require time from you, to also use them.

You have to actually drive the car, watch the cinema and use the boat.

If you value free time these things can backfire on you.

It wouldn't change much of how I spent my time. Of course I would spent more time allocating money to people and projects. So would be shopping for the right people and right things to work with. Learning how to manage people better.

But also free up time for creative work by outsourcing even more of certain aspects of day to day life, like cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, laundry, driving, research for work, planning etc.

Posted (edited)

@enchanted I'd splurge for extra travel time and some things I've been wanting to experiment with for my health. Maybe upgrade my apartment or buy a house. Get some new clothes.

Otherwise I'd change nothing.

Yes, I'd continue to work because I like my work. And I would just give away whatever money I felt I didn't need to maintain my middle class lifestyle.

Edited by aurum

if by "Rich," you mean financially free, like earning 100k+ without needing to work for it. 

I would move to a cabin in the Appalachian mountains, build myself a dream music studio and do what I am already doing, just, no job to suck my time away.

I would invest more time into the areas of life that matter to me. My creative work with Music and YouTube, my relationships with my family and partner, my self, my consciousness, to go deeply within.

Waking Call The Inspiration, Music and Perspective for an Authentic Life.

Travel lots, dedicate most of my time to spiritual work, learning in various fields, contemplation. Do some charity work, take good care of my health. Being serious or even half-serious about these would fill up my entire schedule.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

Posted (edited)

I'd move back to Amsterdam, help take care of my aging father, draw a lot, date around and find a partner, pay off my debts. Travel at some point to. I'm not that ambitious, really.

15 hours ago, universe said:

That's the trap that comes with money.

Let's say you won the lottery and now you buy yourself a nice car, home cinema, boat whatever. Now all these things require time from you, to also use them.

You have to actually drive the car, watch the cinema and use the boat.

If you value free time these things can backfire on you.

You are right that all of these things are huge time sinks, not only money sinks, but I think it can be bit of a trap to over-value your time. Life doesn't need to be 100% efficient to be worth living and you can always get rid of things once they've been exhausted of what they are worth to you.

Edited by Basman

Posted (edited)

• finally quit my 9-5
  • 100% refocus on my business, offering my services at relatively low cost and later on offer free mentoring to starting practitioners 
  • buy the house or a flat with some calming view, ideally away from large city 
  • buy a high-end mountain bike for myself and my partner and spend more time outdoors biking, camping, hiking
  • invest into something worthy (not sure what that would be) 

Otherwise my life would remain pretty similar to what it already is 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I would finally have a soundproof place. I can't express how much energy I waste trying to be a good neighbor & not make too much noise. Also I wouldn't have to hear them. That's the dream.

Sailing on the ceiling 

6 hours ago, Basman said:

it can be bit of a trap to over-value your time.

It's traps all the way from here.

a-2.jpg

2 minutes ago, universe said:

It's traps all the way from here.

a-2.jpg

Yeah I know, the words being overused excessively lately but I didn't know what else to call it.

I’m financially independent and I spend my days meditating reading studying personal development walking in nature working out having sex and creating videos on topics I’m passionate about. It’s fucking awesome. And I’m not mega rich. I just have enough to live simply and do what I love (listed above) which is worth more than billions imo 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

I’m financially independent and I spend my days meditating reading studying personal development walking in nature working out having sex and creating videos on topics I’m passionate about. It’s fucking awesome. And I’m not mega rich. I just have enough to live simply and do what I love (listed above) which is worth more than billions imo 

How did you get financially independent ?

Edited by enchanted

I made good money and saved. Worked my ass off and sacrificed pleasure for long term stability. Spend less. Save more. Invest in Crypto and Hold. 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

• Travel around for a little bit (like a couple years or so) 
  • Buy a house and/or apartment in a walkable city
  • potentially raise a kid if I decide to do so after getting married 
  • pursue higher education 
  • get a better career 
  • help friends and family who have to deal with things like student debt / issues with the housing market
  • go to workout classes regularly (I don't rely only on workout classes for exercise but there are a few workout classes I have taken for free that I enjoy but they're like $30-$40 per class. I currently do them at most once a week with a discount I get from an app so it's more like $10-$15 instead.

I'm just assuming this is a scenario where I would magically win a few million in the lottery rather than landing a job that gives me a hefty paycheck. 

Edited by soos_mite_ah

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

@enchanted oh my. I have ambitious plans and having total financial freedom would make them easier. I will still pursue them regardless

1. Spend time getting really good at attracting women

2. get into politics and work towards becoming prime minister (you heard it here first)

3. Delve deeper into psychedelics and spiritual work 

4. Go travelling 

I plan to do the first three regardless but not having work commitments and have a good amount of disposable income would make it easier

I also want to pass my full motor bike test but don’t really have the money for a car as well as a motorbike

Buy a house in a city and become a full time musician and audio engineer.

• 2-3 hrs of physical labour 
  • 3-4 h of practicing music 
  • 5-6 hours of recording music 
  • entrepreneurship/business ventures
  • socializing / meeting new people
  • meditation/staying healthy/exercise

After experiencing nondual awakenings, I'm not feeling as called to things as I used to. Everything is just one, and feels the same, literally everything. I'm not sure what I'd do, not much comes to me at the moment, I'd have to feel into that a bit more and integrate these new experiences. 💟

53 minutes ago, Fountainbleu said:

After experiencing nondual awakenings, I'm not feeling as called to things as I used to. Everything is just one, and feels the same, literally everything

If God can limit itself to everything, God can limit itself to nothing and twos and threes and more.

I AM nutz