Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chadders

Are festivals good places to meet women?

14 posts in this topic

Last couple of nights I’ve been hitting the bars (very unusual for me) looking to get better at approaching beautiful women. I actually feel quite proud of myself as I approached about 6 women and some went alright actually. Found that dancing like a dickhead seemed to work. Didn’t manage to pull but hey first couple of nights I’ve been out on the trot in years. I am tea total all the way through no drinking 

I did notice though that the city was no where near as lively as it was a few years ago so I’m wondering if festivals are better? They usually get sold out pretty fast. With cost of living and people being more health conscious people perhaps aren’t going out drinking so much now so festivals I think are the way to go. I don’t live in a big city either which isn’t ideal

also another question off topic, what do people think about hitting on the bar staff? Sometimes I find that easier to do. Also the waitresses in coffee houses

Posted (edited)

One of my pickup friends travels to Coachea and EDC every year just to collect like 100 phone numbers. Then he flies the girls out to sleep with him.

The problem with hitting on staff is that if you are a local and visit that place regularly you don't want to burn through them and develop a bad reputation.

I never hit on staff at places I'm a regular at. Besides, it's so cliche. It's better to keep a low profile than being "that creepy resident pickup guy".

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura Cool I think festivals are the way to go. Speaking with some mates planning on heading to one in July called Timber - has a hippie vibe

That’s fair. I barely ever go out so not thinking long term in that respect but yeh need to consider that for bars and clubs.

But let’s say during the day there’s less of a cliche to that even if you are hitting on the waitresses as women just don’t expect that. At night they’re more on their guard 

if not the waitresses during the day in a coffee house for instance how best to approach the other women? That’s tricky to navigate. I can only think that if you’re  sat on the table opposite and there just so happens to be an attractive women talking about something that’s familiar to you then you could go along with the lines I couldn’t help but hear that you mentioned so and so. Something like that. Or perhaps when you’re in the queue and looking at what to buy and the cakes you could make some comment about that to her

Unlike night game it seems harder to brute force an opportunity in those situations I just think you gotta see if the moment arises but then you could just be waiting around for the universe to hand it to you. Waitresses you can just call over. I chatted with this stunning waitress about the type of coffee they have - not that I really cared just chatting shit. I really should have gone further with that and asked for her number as she was dead keen but was just fucking around giving it a go as I’ve only just started dabbling in it

What would you do in this situation to get results? Tricky to navigate

Edited by Chadders

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Chadders said:

What would you do in this situation to get results? Tricky to navigate

It is tricky to approach a table of girls during the day. Takes a lot of skill to pull that off. I don't recommend it for newbies.

Although when I first got into game my wingman would go around popular evening restaurants in town which had sort of outdoorish seating and he would walk up and charm up entire tables of girls. So that is possible, but again, I am not good at that sort of thing so I can't really teach you how to do it.

The key to learning game is to find locations where you can get in a lot of practice with little consequence because you will be failing a lot in the beginning. You need to find a sort of training ground.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's been my experience that festivals are the best place to meet awesome women. I've met nearly all my girlfriends there. But it depends on what kind of festival you're going to. Some music festival, you might meet some stage blue or orange women. But if you go to a spiritual based love festival (see Shambhala), you're going to meet more stage green or yellow. I'd look into local Burning Man regionals close to you, or similar type festivals in your area (if you share with me your general area, I can help you look). Just go and have a good time, meet people, go dance with them, and you'll eventually run into an awesome woman there that's available. It's actually quite easy. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The key to learning game is to find locations where you can get in a lot of practice with little consequence because you will be failing a lot in the beginning. You need to find a sort of training ground.

Train/metro works great for day game. Lots of girls, quick interactions and there is a sense of urgency that makes you take action, which is exciting

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Kava bars and tea bars are where the more beautiful and health conscious girls are in my city at least. They're popping up all over the place. You aren't dealing with bumbling bar hedonists at places like these. 

"It is from my open heart that I will mirror you, and reflect back to you all that you are:

As a being of love, of energy, 

of passion, and truth."

Posted (edited)

Unless you have tons of time on your hands or are unusually gregarious, pickup is not a great way to meet women...it's basically a marketing scam, and I say that as someone who has gotten pretty "good" results with pickup, to the point where I got paid to teach it. 

It feels good to get success through it for the first year or two because it's hard and dynamic. But I switched entirely to online and social circle when I am single, and that is true of most of my former instructor-level friends as well. It is just not a good use of time relative to other ways.  

Caveat -- I still chat to women giving me the eye already, but that is not "pickup" the way the industry used to teach it. 

Edited by nerdspeak

@nerdspeak I believe there are styles of pick up that could be associated with being a scam but more holistically no I don’t think pick in itself is

I’m not into cold approaching random women on the street but in more naturally occurring situations such as in a night club and you’re on the dance floor or at a festival where there is a shared experience with the music etc. Plenty of opportunity to hook up through this I just need to get better at it

For me I’m developing being more intentional and honest with my emotions with women. I think we suppress a lot of our sexual desires because of society etc. it is not exactly PC to even talk about attracting on women but the ladies want you to be direct and intentional with your desires. To be uninhibited  

I want my 30s to be about becoming a more attractive man and to be more extroverted and social. I’ve had conscious shifts in my life making this feel right now. I was struck by Leo’s first few comments in his pick up series where he said you’re not being social enough and to get out of your fucking house lol. This is me but not anymore as I’m actively shifting as my priorities are changing 

Im keeping my options open so not just pick up, social circles as you’ve mentioned and those shit dating apps. Don’t get much on there. I have no idea how to use them but testing things out. I think just a light hearted funny comment followed by being direct about your intentions - to hook up basically 

Work is another domain but I mostly work remotely and even when I’m in the office there aren’t many single women in my dept. I’m also director so I have a lot of work commitments 

@Sempiternity cool I live in the Uk. Yes I am interested in the hippie style festivals as well connecting with nature

@Leo Gura okay keeping my options open in terms of training grounds. Looking for situations that create opportunities more naturally rather than brute forcing such as just cold approaching women on the street randomly. Maybe south beach miami that works better

Will try to consistently go out on a Saturday night when I can. Something I have not really done since university about 10 years ago when I was much more insecure and less sure of myself. Great combination for attracting ladies!

Also the festival and I will leverage my networks more now. Just gotta be more social now

42 minutes ago, Chadders said:

@Sempiternity cool I live in the Uk. Yes I am interested in the hippie style festivals as well connecting with nature

*You don't have to be into some of these to go to them and meet great spiritual women. Ideally you're into it, and maybe once you attend, you'll get into it. I guess I'm saying don't let not being into something stop you from going. You'll have a great time regardless.

Looks like there are 4 Burning Man regional events in your area. Highly recommended to meet awesome people. 
https://regionals.burningman.org/regionals/europe/uk/

EDM festivals are a great place to meet young beautiful lust-for-life woman. 
https://www.skiddle.com/news/all/The-Best-UK-Dance-and-EDM-Festivals/57200/

Spiritual gatherings:
https://highvibeliving2020.medium.com/the-7-best-festivals-in-the-uk-that-you-probably-havent-heard-of-e31cfd58dff5

https://awakenedspirit.co.uk

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mystical-spiritual-holistic-wiccan-event-tickets-846266454747

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/zenfest-spiritual-mind-body-and-soul-event-tickets-902196713657

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mind-body-spirit-wellbeing-festival-2024-tickets-876599311137

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glastonburys-lions-gate-portal-of-remembrance-tickets-901943696877?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/77-portal-mind-body-spirit-fayre-tickets-914733742247?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&keep_tld=1

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/awakened-spirit-festival-tickets-718438939207?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&keep_tld=1

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/glastonbury-sacred-drum-circle-tickets-880829393427?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&keep_tld=1

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/witch-hazels-magickal-market-2024-tickets-767498557847?aff=ebdssbdestsearch&keep_tld=1

@Sempiternity cool thanks for sharing these! Appreciate it

Im going to one in called Timber which is pretty hippie/spiritual. There’s another called the Lost Village near me. New experience for me

I’m going with some mates to the next one but what’s it like going alone if they can’t make it? Have you done that before?

19 hours ago, Chadders said:

@Sempiternity cool thanks for sharing these! Appreciate it

Im going to one in called Timber which is pretty hippie/spiritual. There’s another called the Lost Village near me. New experience for me

I’m going with some mates to the next one but what’s it like going alone if they can’t make it? Have you done that before?

Oh it's great going alone to festivals. In fact I recommend it. When you go with friends, you have a security blanked, so you could be less inclines to go outside your comfort zone and talk with other people. When alone you may be more prone to go hang with others, make new friends, and magical things happen then. You can be swept away on grand adventures with people who've been doing festivals for years and know how to make the most of it.