Psychedelic seeker

Leo's deleted video on solipsism

276 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I define Mind as Absolute and One. It is everything, not just form or content.

In the way I speak, Mind is identical to Consciousness. Mind is not some layer you transcend, Mind is the whole shebang.

I take very literally the Heart Sutra teaching:

"Form is emptiness, emptiness is form."

I make no special place for emptiness as many here love to do. Emptiness is NOT above form! If you think it is, you missed the Heart Sutra teaching.

And no, I don't just accept "many different onions". One Onion dreaming of onions.

How am I going to achieve privacy if I am not a separate onion? Oh I see, if its one onion, its definitely private 😆 

I thought you probably use the mind differently, for me mind is equivallent to this human... Dodo.. i know Leo doesn't have a Dodo experience and vice versa! I can only guess what your experience is. 

While we share the same consciousness, canvas, i see my mind as a completely separate painting of your mind. Perhaps you speak of a Universal Mind which I havent grasped yet.

I think it would be great for a video to clarify everything, perhaps explain how you use each word, because people might interpret you completely the wrong way and then assume you have a wrong teaching. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

Here's a thought experiment..

What would happen if you've never in your entire life even heard of solipsism?  Would you still be puzzled by this existential dilemma? 

Nahm used to say "you can't experience what you are not focusing on ".

The more you think about solipsism the more mindfucky it gets because you literally cannot prove 100% that there is a world behind the walls of your house .

So again..just pretend that you've never even heard of solipsism and it won't bother you.

Its the same thought experiment that people like Richard Dawkins do when they try to debunk religion and they say "if a child was born in a island and never heard of any religion..would he believe in any religion or any god "?

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

@Someone here solipsism has the same quality of physical Reality paradigm of the ego, is exactly the same.

Everyone thinks It is the center of the universe, even people Who never head of Spirituality.

When people im Spirituality think about solipsism, they are basically thinking nothing new. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

3 hours ago, Davino said:

who would you ask?

The point of my question was to test his epistemic humility.

Just because you cant falsify something doesnt necessarily mean you cant be wrong about it.

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Perhaps you speak of a Universal Mind which I havent grasped yet.

Perhaps.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

@Someone here solipsism has the same quality of physical Reality paradigm of the ego, is exactly the same.

Everyone thinks It is the center of the universe, even people Who never head of Spirituality.

When people im Spirituality think about solipsism, they are basically thinking nothing new. 

Yes so both solipsism and naive realism don't capture reality. Because the map is not the territory.  Any "ism" is not the whole truth . Your absolute truth is literally different from my absolute truth even though they are both absolute!

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

The point of my question was to test his epistemic humility.

Just because you cant falsify something doesnt necessarily mean you cant be wrong about it.

Maybe the reason you can't falsify a thing is because it's absolutely true.

Go, falsify solipsism. I dare you. See how far you get.

Edited by Leo Gura

11 minutes ago, Someone here said:

if you've never in your entire life even heard of solipsism?  Would you still be puzzled by this existential dilemma? 

But You heard of it and if you watched the episode you cant unwatch it. Leo incited the ideia on our mind and boomm. you are doomed. Now either you prove it by yourself or keep bitching and moaning forever on the Forum. From my side I prefer to keep testing again and again to prove to myself if Solopsism is or not True. I am doing for 7 years ready and I will keep doing for my whole life. 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Maybe that's not a bug but a feature.

Maybe that's because you are the center of the universe. 

Don't act so humble than you overlook the obviousness of You.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Would you still be puzzled by this existential dilemma?

And I love Puzzels

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

But You heard of it and if you watched the episode you cant unwatch it. Leo incited the ideia on our mind

If you do any kind of existential or philosophical or skeptical inquiry and you don't stumble upon the possibility of solipsism all on your own, you are a shitty philosopher.

I was inquirying into solipsism back when I was 20 years old. No one had to foist it upon me.

It's quiet obvious that the most efficient and ingenius way to design reality would be if all of it was just you. This would perfectly explain everything. The only problem is that it would seriously fuck with your mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

But You heard of it and if you watched the episode you cant unwatch it. Leo incited the ideia on our mind and boomm. you are doomed. Now either you prove it by yourself or keep bitching and moaning forever on the Forum. From my side I prefer to keep testing again and again to prove to myself if Solopsism is or not True. I am doing for 7 years ready and I will keep doing for my whole life. 

You miss the point ...why should you give a fuck about solipsism in the first place ? Yeah sure you've heard Leo talking about it ad nauseam..so fucking what ? Go travel the world ..meet new people..experience different cuisine etc..life is more mysterious than any ism by fold of billion billions . Its like these incel guys ..there is so much to life than sex..likewise there is so much to life than solips-fucking-ism .

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

If you do any kind of existential or philosophical or skeptical inquiry and you don't sumble upon the possibility of solipsism all on your own, you are a shitty philosopher.

I was inquirying into solipsism back when I was 20 years old. No one had to foist it upon me.

It's quiet obvious that the most efficient and ingenius way to design reality would be if all of it was just you.

Why cant conciousness exist in a infinite superpositon of all possible instantiations simultaneously (our own bubble of conciousness), and then whoever wakes up fully, the superposition collapses as though that was the only life, your not considering the depth and capacity of conciousness imo

@Javfly33 Riddle me this, when Ramana Maharshi was asked, "What about other?" and he said, "There is no other."

Was he just being cute, you think?

Just what do you think "No other" means?!

@Leo Gura appealing to authority sir.

And talking about "serious philosophy "? 😏

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe the reason you can't falsify a thing is because it's absolutely true.

Or you are just mapping out the limitations of your own mind (and only giving you a validation about what you cant falsify without the added flavour of absolute truth). - I categorize these things as a skill issue. Just because you cant doubt or falsify from that doesnt necessarily follow that it is true.

This is also about conflating your epistemic limits with metaphysics

Go falsify that other people exist. I dare you. See how far you get. 

or go falsify this 'there are  unknown things that exist, that you cant ever know about'

Edited by zurew

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What is there to falsify? Humans/others don't exist. Reality exists. You are basically saying: non-existence doesn't exist, and existence exists. 

Something that doesn't exist says nothing about what exists...because it doesn't exist.

There aren't different types of non-existence, that is just your intellect putting fancy labels on non-existence, like "solipsism" and "others."

You are just giving non-existence different labels, like "humans", "others", etc. Your intellect is running you in circles. Come back to non-duality please!

Describe a thought.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Humans/others don't exist.

So you agree solipsism is true. 

Okay, thanks for making my life easy. I knew someone would get it eventually.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Leo Gura appealing to authority sir.

And talking about "serious philosophy "? 😏

Giving you a taste of your own medicine ;)

What is the point of spiritual teachings if I can't use them against you? :D

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

I was missing this level of metaphysics. After realizing some of these things you feel like the entire word is gaslighting you and you question your sanity. Also reconciling some of these Truths with human life is a real mind-twister

I'm grateful for the heavy metaphysical lifting of Actualized.org but im glad it's taken a little more pragmatic turn, at least for now.

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube