Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
creativepursuit

What do you think about Kapil Gupta?

2 posts in this topic

Guys, I have been listening to this podcast called The Truth Seeker on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheTruthSeekerPodcast

This guy doesnt entertain anything. He seems to be against prescriptions, advice, self-help, and coaching. According to him, the truth cannot be spoken, but he seems rude to me.

He seems a bit pessimistic overall with his tone. 

Posted (edited)

@creativepursuit

The world does try to change others, not allow what is. This is a good synchronicity for me in this podcast below. Gratitude. Transactions have been on my mind of late, more than ever. His view is overly bleak and disconnected (and he calls out that I'd think that), but it is a necessary framing to the people he's talking to in the time we are in.

To start with, he speaks to Gen Z's need for attention or validation and to the distant and overly cerebral world we inhabit. It's part of the ongoing collapse of anything but the necessities, which is part of the larger pattern we are in now. Life goes through contractions and expansions, like breathing. I see this through a long-term view of putting people back in touch with the earth, which is as real as it gets here.

This was the first video I watched of his, the latest on his channel.

It is true that when you are real with others, they usually can't handle it unless you prepare the ground/conversation/person first. Most people prefer fake happiness to an uncomfortable truth. Dopamine makes people go after shorter solutions, hard-wired into the brain, and the cerebral nature of our current existence has led to a large-scale addiction to short bursts of it. Fast solutions.

It is false that humans, society, etc, don't have patterned problems (and solutions); he's completely wrong there. He just can't see them. I can see them most of the time now because I spent my life looking for them, certainly with a conversation with a person capable of reflecting on their life. True, we don't fix things outright with a prescription; we improve or worsen lives. It becomes people's (or my own) willingness to address the problems I can identify as an example. Prescriptions aren't inherently wrong, no more than a rock is; it just depends on how they are used, and I agree there has been an overreliance on them.

He speaks a bit about the transactional nature I am still stuck in; I appreciated that and would like to hear an entire video from that perspective. His judgment about falling flat on the face when seeking a result is extreme, but it seems to be the reality I am in now as well. People do change their thinking I have, often. It depends on how much suffering you experience, and your willingness to adapt. Things tend to move in small adaptations and, for many, are driven by collective experience; he doesn't recognize this enough in his analysis: Everyone expands and contracts, inescapably in life, even if it's slow going. Time doesn't exist for infinity (which you are), so speed doesn't matter anyway.

Yes. Internal peace, you don't go anywhere to find it :) - I especially liked that line.

I would always like to see more videos on viewing experiences in a transactional nature as being a pitfall, and the allowance of what is over what I would want. I tend to think these things are eternally holding me and others back. 

Edited by BlueOak