cjoseph90

Sleep schedule

18 posts in this topic

What is your usual sleep schedule? What time do you guys wake Up, go to bed? Are you consistent on the weekends or days off?

I go to sleep between 23.30-0.30 and wake up between 7.30-9.00.

I wish I could keep it more consistent, but life happens, especially on the weekends. I do still try to wake up before 9/9.30 on the weekends even if I go to sleep much later. I take one or two 20/30-min naps in the afternoon as I feel I need and then go to sleep at my normal time.

It's all pretty adaptable though, I try respect what my body needs as much as I can. 

One thing I'm trying to do now is eat dinner earlier and go to sleep before 11pm, which I feel is most supportive for me and my slow digestion.

Yup i agree, i believe its bad to eat too late esp because of digestion. Im one of those people who cant take naps, even if im tired. Exceptions of course if jetlagged ect

Posted (edited)

I go to bed around 23pm.

If i have been stressed, i eat an häagen-dazs vanilla, an aspirin and some cyproheptadine to break the hypervigilent small voice in my head and trigger the feeling of sedation. Really efficient and way more healthy than benzodiazepines.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

3 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I go to bed around 23pm.

If i have been stressed, i eat an häagen-dazs vanilla, an aspirin and some cyproheptadine to break the hypervigilent small voice in my head and trigger the feeling of sedation. Really efficient and way more healthy than benzodiazepines.

Lol thats an intresting combo with cyproheptadine, i didnt know what that was just until Now. Do you just buy It over the counter or prescripción?

Same with me i like to sleep between 23/23.30

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, cjoseph90 said:

Yup i agree, i believe its bad to eat too late esp because of digestion. Im one of those people who cant take naps, even if im tired. Exceptions of course if jetlagged ect

People can’t take naps anymore and even develop insomnia because they have insidiously shifted to an over exhausting energetic world.

When you are children, you don’t have responsibilities, you eat what you want when you want (in the limits of possibilities)don’t necessarily do sport or any stressful things, daydream about love, have eventually love, are mainly preoccupied about playing with friends…

Then, when you growing, everything can become more serious and overwhelming.

Edited by Schizophonia

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, cjoseph90 said:

Lol thats an intresting combo with cyproheptadine, i didnt know what that was just until Now. Do you just buy It over the counter or prescripción?

My general practitioner is nice so she gave me an ordonnance :)

It has a bit singular pharmacology that makes it particularly efficient but other antihistamines are good, i sometimes use Doxylamine.

Same with me i like to sleep between 23/23.30

Actually each time i say myself I must go to sleep around 10pm but i procrastinate.

That the true reason lol.

Edited by Schizophonia

5:30 am - 9-10 pm

I love how it tells me you posted this topic at 4:00 AM. That’s the time they make you wake up at the vipassana retreats!

7-7 every day

four hours in there for meditation either prior to or after the eight hour sleep

so in effect it's 12 hours with the world, 12 hours without

15 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I love how it tells me you posted this topic at 4:00 AM. That’s the time they make you wake up at the vipassana retreats!

Hahahahahahahah so good

1 hour ago, gettoefl said:

7-7 every day

four hours in there for meditation either prior to or after the eight hour sleep

so in effect it's 12 hours with the world, 12 hours without

That’s a lot, lot of meditation.

3 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

That’s a lot, lot of meditation.

yes the goal of meditation is to no longer need to meditate so the sooner achieved the better

it's up to you

I go to bed & start relaxing at 23, fall asleep from midnight to 1, strictly wake up at 9.

I tried:

• Waking up at 6:30, ended up being less sharp in the morning and couldn't fall asleep at 10:30
  • Not setting an alarm, ended up waking up later and later, ending up wasting the morning

But testing out both extremes was quite useful in finding my balance

Studying circadian rhythm is helpful to understand sleep. Also, having a sleep study done on you if you struggle with sleep can help.

I'm up at 6:50 every morning. I splash my face with cold water, eat breakfast, and do light stretching, core exercises, and walking in the morning sun.

I take a warm shower before bedtime at 9pm. I eat no food after 5 pm, and no bright light or screen time after 8 pm, but it should probably be 7.

On 6/10/2024 at 11:48 AM, Yimpa said:

Haha, and to think that one or more fellow attendees of these retreats must volunteer to sound the gong at that time every morning. The hearts of a lion, they have.

That is my usual/natural wake up time, and even I didn't volunteer, lol: shame on me.

On 10/6/2024 at 3:48 AM, Yimpa said:

who me? nope i posted it at 11.00am, i think it may be cos i live in Europe, different time zones

1 hour ago, cjoseph90 said:

who me? nope i posted it at 11.00am, i think it may be cos i live in Europe, different time zones

That is correct; I am in the USA.