ActualizedJohn

I have the opportunity do take 5meo - should I do it?

10 posts in this topic

I have never done psychedelics before. I am a videographer. I recently submitted a proposal to a retreat group to film a ceremony. They said they would give me a free ceremony. This is a big opportunity for me, so I definitely want to go to get a video on my portfolio, and meet new connections. Problem is- should I do the ceremony?

Ceremonies are what I want to film for work. I have no ceremony videos under my belt. Would be great for connections, networking, and a vid for my portfolio. However, I don't know if I should except a free ceremony. This place seems legit, but I feel like my sanity could be at stake here, or even my life. I have'nt gotten heart palpitations in a while because I have been leading a healthy lifestyle. However I used to get them when my lifestyle way bad. Premature atrial & Ventricle contractions. Also my blood pressure used to be high, but I have been able to bring that down to normal numbers. I got all of the cardiovascular tests and they said everything was fine, just lead a healthy lifestyle. I have heard that from two different cardiologists. 

But I mean mentally as well there seems to be much at stake here. I don't need to go into details, because you guys already know. The one thing that makes me want to do it is I need to trancend death and realize god through 5meo. This is my ultimate bucket list item. No matter what, I have to take 5meo before I die. I just don't know if I should wait till later in life when I feel more secure about the whole idea. Im only 23. However, all around me people are dying. Tomorrow is not promised. I could be diagnosed with anything and be dead in two weeks.There is no telling/ like DAMN dude this is a lot to think about. I have already had direct experiences of the truth of no self, so I already have verified death to be false, but still would like to experience the toad.

I would love to hear some wise advice from anyone out there if anyone cares to share, would mean a lot to me.

@ActualizedJohn I've not done 5-meo, but I would say absolutely do not feel pressured into doing it sooner than you feel ready. Especially if you think there is a significant risk to your physical health. God isn't going anywhere and you're very young, unlikely to kick the bucket any time soon. Plenty of time for spirituality.

At the same time, with something like this there will always be some fear / hesitancy. So use your best judgment to discern between the two. Be as clear as possible about your intentions no matter what choice you make. Life is all about the balance of risk / reward, there's no free decisions.

Also congratulations on landing the gig, sounds like a big win for you career-wise.

Posted (edited)

My (conservative) perspective:

• Do you have a solid experience with traditional psychedelics? Needless to say 5-MeO-DMT is one of the strongest.
  • 5-MeO-DMT may cause flashbacks to happen a few times for weeks following the experience, usually when falling asleep/waking up. This scares some people. I met a guy saying who couldn't sleep for 3 weeks after 5-MeO. You gotta be in a healthy mental/social/professional state to handle that, if it happens. Having a good grasp of nonduality and the effects the substance can have is crucial before doing it. 
  • There's no need to rush. There will always be the opportunities to do it. The community is huge and if you search for it you find it in most places and countries.
  • There's evidence the brain only completes its development at around the age of 25. Before then, I would be extra careful, especially to avoid the development of any type of psychosis (I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist, but just my understanding). Also, since you're young, I'd say that meditation would be even more important, given how it can positively affect your development. So maybe you could give more emphasis to more traditional spiritual/mindfulness practices at this point of your life, and also focus on regular self-development (career, etc.). That will pay dividends later on, allowing you to better enjoy psychedelics in the future.

Personally, I've delayed using 5-MeO. I did dozens of "regular" psychedelic trips (Ayahuasca, mushrooms) over the course of three years before I did Bufo, and later synthetic 5-MeO. I started with the age of 29 and I'm 33 now. I don't regret taking my time to be ready for 5-MeO.

Edited by PsychedelicEagle

Posted (edited)

My personal view is that they will likely go on too much high dose, they may not have good protocol to ensure safety at all

That's current address of neo-shamanism

Well, toad venom is utilized, which is actually possible with other ROA beside vaporization, but they would not know, which will make it vaporized and so many people lose consciousness and potentially uncontrollable trip 

If you really wanna do,

Ask really really microdose, start from there. Really really microdose means 10mg of bufo

Surely, even if you go on high amount of dose, you will unlikely die, just losing consciousness

Edited by Fluran

6 hours ago, Fluran said:

My personal view is that they will likely go on too much high dose, they may not have good protocol to ensure safety at all

That's current address of neo-shamanism

Well, toad venom is utilized, which is actually possible with other ROA beside vaporization, but they would not know, which will make it vaporized and so many people lose consciousness and potentially uncontrollable trip 

If you really wanna do,

Ask really really microdose, start from there. Really really microdose means 10mg of bufo

Surely, even if you go on high amount of dose, you will unlikely die, just losing consciousness

What ROA are you referring to?

Posted (edited)

Most of these people facilitating 5-meo don’t know what they are doing.  The best you can hope for is that you luck out and have an interesting experience which will eventually fade and not improve your life.   But, if anything goes wrong and you are left with a serious problem – your facilitator will look at you with a blank stare.   Ask this facilitaor if he even knows CPR.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

Posted (edited)

@ActualizedJohn You can do it, your age is ok. There is no real preparation prior with classic psychedelics like lsd anyway. So if you feel ready, do it. Just plan that you may take a week off. just in case. And read about non-duality, watch martin ball videos so that you can get a feeling, in what you get into with this substance.After researching ask yourself in all honesty:

Do you have trust in this substance?

Do you have trust in this ceremonie? Are they really experts or just starting?

Are you fit?

Are you ready to let go of your life for a moment?

Are you ready for a mystical experience?

If yes to all then take the chance!

Edited by OBEler

5 meo In many ways it is an easy psychedelic, because it has a short duration, and because its effect is more energetic than mental, you do not enter horrible thought loops as you could with LSD or mushrooms, the most that could happen to you is to have a sensation extremely unpleasant blocking. like resistance when something very powerful wants to break you. It is something extremely unpleasant if the roa is nasal or plugged, because you are half an hour of extreme suffering, but it is a suffering like walking around the room looking at the floor saying: stop this shit now for the love of God. It seems as if a hand is pressing on your heart and brain, but at the end it finish. vaping is 15 seconds of that, it happens and that's it. It's not that traumatic.

What can be traumatic is having an experience of dead emptiness, and believing that that is reality. It is not, think that you have not broken completely, and do it again, until the experience is one of total opening. The 5meo is like skydiving, at first it is horribly challenging, then it is a bit of an exciting process very beautiful 

Posted (edited)

@ActualizedJohn

When wondering whether I take a psychedelic or not, I usually do two things:

1. I trust my instincts
  2. I gradually work my way up

1. Examples for instinct:

Someone once gave me DMT as a gift. I kept it for a while. Then I felt like not doing it. Wanted to give it as a gift to a person. Felt like it might be too much for him, too. Threw it away and never regretted. I am in complete peace with this decision. I was not ready.

Many years ago, someone gave me LSD (my first time doing a psychedelic). Did not think about it for a second.Took it and was one of the best and most profound experiences in my life. I am in complete peace with this decision.

A third time, I had strong resistance doing mushrooms. Part of felt like doing it, part resisted like hell. I decided "I want/need to follow through". Took it and was one of the best and most profound experiences in my life. I am in complete peace with this decision.

2. Example for I gradually work my way  up

I did ayahuasca in 2018. I was not ready. Too much resistance in my mind and body.  Now, after many years of meditation, practicing awareness, contemplating, working through things etc. and getting more experiences with what I consider "lighter" psychedelics (MDMA, LSD, mushrooms, weed) I feel ready to do it again.

I know "myself" better, my psyche, my nervous system, how to deal with mental dissonance and incoherence that might appear as a result of trips. I am much better in processing experiences now then some years or even months ago. Maybe I do ayahuasca  again later this year.

Edited by theleelajoker