Raze

New Biden interview - is he incoherent?

13 posts in this topic

We have a transcript of a new interview with President Biden, but some of the answers are worrying

https://time.com/6984968/joe-biden-transcript-2024-interview/

I want to switch to Israel. But on that last point, is there a danger that NATO is on a slippery slope to war with Ukraine—with Russia, as things stand?

Biden:  No, we're on a slippery slope for war if we don't do something about Ukraine. It’s just not gonna…anyway…

So in Israel, obviously, a difficult time there. What steps are you prepared to take against Israel now that Netanyahu appears to have crossed your red line in Rafah, Mr. President?

Biden: I'm not going to speak to that now because you're going to report this before I make, before—I'm in the process of talking with the Israelis right now. So I'm not going to…

What does that mean? 

Biden: If I tell you, you’ll write it.  It’s not time for you to write it. 

What are the nature of your conversations with the Israelis right now? Have you spoken with Bibi? 

Biden: I have not spoken with Bibi since—I have not spoken with Bibi since the attack on Sunday. Was it Sunday?

Ben LaBolt: Yep. Sunday.

Biden: I have not. My team has. 

But has he crossed your red line?

Biden: I'm not going to respond to that because I'm about to make a…anyway.

But Mr. President, won’t your newly announced tariffs raise the prices on American consumers?

Biden: No, because here's the deal. There's a difference. I made it clear to Putin from the very beginning that—I'm not, we're not engaging in…For example, Trump wants a 10% tariff on everything. That will raise the price of everything in America. [Editor’s note: Biden appeared to mean Xi here, not Putin.] 

What I'm talking about, I said, we're gonna play by the same rules. You tell me if I want to, if an American corporation wants to invest in China, it has to give 50% ownership, 51% ownership to a Chinese operator. And that goes on from there. And I said, so you're gonna do that to us? (unintelligible) We’re going to do the same thing if you want to invest here. We're not putting a tariff on. We’re just saying, if you want to do that, well, we're gonna do that. And you cannot change the market in a way where you flood the market by—ignore all Chinese government subsidies to undercut their ability as to deal with electric vehicles. And we're not going to put up with it. That’s the thing we talked about. And that's what we're talking about. We're not talking about tariffs across the board.

And whose fault is it that the—that deal, the ceasefire for hostages—has not been consummated? Is it Hamas or Israel or both? 

Biden:  Hamas. Hamas could end this tomorrow. Hamas could say (unintelligible) and done period.

@Raze

I agree, Joe Biden needs to step down and get replaced. If that's how he's answering it's time he steps down. I don't care if he'll get replaced by a new democrat or Even Donald Trump taking the W, how he answers is EXTREMELY CONCERNING! They really have lost the plot with this one...

5 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Raze

I agree, Joe Biden needs to step down and get replaced. If that's how he's answering it's time he steps down. I don't care if he'll get replaced by a new democrat or Even Donald Trump taking the W, how he answers is EXTREMELY CONCERNING! They really have lost the plot with this one...

I actually think Trump needs to step aside and make room for a new GOP candidate that's a lot like Mitt Romney. He's the one that has real signs of dementia and psychosis, not Biden:

Biden is so corrupt he should be charged, he's a criminal, voting for Biden is like voting for a felon...... Oh wait....that's the other guy, nevermind.

Biden is an embarrassment. He has to step down. They will wait till the last minute. 

Trump is the only logical choice again, like in 2016.

😁

Bring back Bernie, I love him the most. 

17 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I actually think Trump needs to step aside and make room for a new GOP candidate that's a lot like Mitt Romney. He's the one that has real signs of dementia and psychosis, not Biden:

Biden and Trump are both flawed options. This is the best the USA can do? That in itself speaks volumes. 

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

Biden and Trump are both flawed options. This is the best the USA can do? That in itself speaks volumes. 

There is no alternative besides Biden.

In any case, Biden has arguably become the most progressive president since the 1960s.

If he defeats Trump, then he might go down in History as a heroic president.

That's it!

Edited by Hardkill

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

It’s pretty bad. Its bad enough on the American stage and people can put their heads in the sand but on the international stage, it’s over. 

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

Usually his dementia highlights are just sad but this one was hilarious, peak comedy 😂😂😂

What a bunch of jokers. They are digging themselves deeper into the pit by supporting zelenskyy. I have a feeling that someone will blast a nuke at some point. 

Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin!

That was funny!! xD

Jokes apart, Russia keeps winning and external support to Ukraine can delay the defeat, but not avoid it. It seems that at least he will be able to wash his hands and leave that part to Trump. Trump messed with Ukraine too when he was President, so it won't be undeserved. I'm not sure if Trump will stop the aid to Ukraine at once, as part of his base asks, or if he'll continue until Ukraine's army collapses because that's more lucrative for the arms industry in the US.

@Hatfort

4 hours ago, Hatfort said:

Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin!

That was funny!! xD

Jokes apart, Russia keeps winning and external support to Ukraine can delay the defeat, but not avoid it. It seems that at least he will be able to wash his hands and leave that part to Trump. Trump messed with Ukraine too when he was President, so it won't be undeserved. I'm not sure if Trump will stop the aid to Ukraine at once, as part of his base asks, or if he'll continue until Ukraine's army collapses because that's more lucrative for the arms industry in the US.

My prediction is that he'll reduce the support for Ukraine, but not totally stop supply as advised by his administration. If it was up to him he he might put full stop to it.