Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoolDreamThanks

Understanding my own inability to grasp true knowledge

34 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@CoolDreamThanks Excellent! Now you're starting to grasp the depth of the problem.

However, it gets even trickier because you are still entangled with the game of survival. You are not free to sit out on the sidelines because life must go on and choices must be made. And no matter how enlightened you get or whatever, you will still be using your mind to make choices and to manipulate reality around you. You will still be thinking, and probably not be thinking well, since that is the default unless you train yourself how to think properly.

So you're damned if you do and danmned if you don't.

And then there is stuff you can know. You can know you're God. And many other things.

Be careful just parroting some platitude of "I don't know". In fact you know many things. If no knowing was possible, that would be too easy. Our situation is more difficult than that. God gives you just enough knowing to hang yourself with ;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

i arranged for this to happen

That is a true insight that comes often..."I arranged this". Fact. Why? Then, if I understand, I might rearrenge, naturally.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Fernanda said:

That is a true insight that comes often..."I arranged this". Fact. Why? Then, if I understand, I might rearrenge, naturally.

i have flaws, traumas, neuroses, biases and not just from this lifetime that prevent me from living out of fullness and i engineered dream characters and circumstances to fix these ... everyone is trying to teach me how to realize my true nature and then demonstrate the light at large

a day without discomfort either interpersonal or intrapersonal is a wasted day

reality is giving me every opportunity to enter and spurs me on to do so

my assigned task is to see every illusion presented and smile not being ruffled as i know everything i see is reviewing of a long finished movie

edit: this just was tweeted and i felt it aligns well 

soul.jpg

Edited by gettoefl

this might help some from my morning reading: 

soul.jpg

Posted (edited)

As nothingness cannot be pictured, so there is no symbol for totality. Reality is ultimately known without a form, unpictured and unseen. Forgiveness is not yet a power known as wholly free of limits. Yet it sets no limits you have chosen to impose. Forgiveness is the means by which the truth is represented temporarily. It lets the Holy Spirit make exchange of pictures possible, until the time when aids are meaningless and learning done.

You are not guiltless in time, but in eternity. You have “sinned” in the past, but there is no past. Always has no direction. Time seems to go in one direction, but when you reach its end it will roll up like a long carpet spread along the past behind you, and will disappear. As long as you believe the Son of God is guilty you will walk along this carpet, believing that it leads to death. And the journey will seem long and cruel and senseless, for so it is.

Other spiritual systems and teachers may tell you they give you an experience of God’s Love, but not A Course in Miracles. “All” we can do is remind people that the choice we made in that holy instant is the choice they can make as well. This is the meaning of vision, which we give through forgiveness. Once the ego thought system of separation is undone through this all-inclusive vision of forgiveness, we are restored to the innate awareness of our Self, the Love God gave in our creation.

This world of light, this circle of brightness is the real world, where guilt meets with forgiveness. Here the world outside is seen anew, without the shadow of guilt upon it. Here are you forgiven, for here you have forgiven everyone. Here is the new perception, where everything is bright and shining with innocence, washed in the waters of forgiveness, and cleansed of every evil thought you laid upon it. Here there is no attack upon the Son of God, and you are welcome.

Salvation does not ask that you behold the spirit and perceive the body not. It merely asks that this should be your choice. For you can see the body without help, but do not understand how to behold a world apart from it. It is your world salvation will undo, and let you see another world your eyes could never find.

If you but recognized how little stands between you and your awareness of your union with your brother! Be not deceived by the illusions it presents of size and thickness, weight, solidity and firmness of foundation. Yes, to the body’s eyes it looks like an enormous solid body, immovable as is a mountain. Yet within you is a Force that no illusions can resist. This body only seems to be immovable; this Force is irresistible in truth. What, then, must happen when they come together? Can the illusion of immovability be long defended from what is quietly passed through and gone beyond?

I give you to the Holy Spirit as part of myself. I know that you will be released, unless I want to use you to imprison myself. In the name of my freedom I choose your release, because I recognize that we will be released together

The role of teaching and learning is actually reversed in the thinking of the world.… The course.… emphasizes that to teach is to learn, so that teacher and learner are the same.… To teach is to demonstrate.… From your demonstration others learn, and so do you.… You cannot give to someone else, but only to yourself, and this you learn through teaching.

The body’s eyes see only form. They cannot see beyond what they were made to see. And they were made to look on error and not see past it. Theirs is indeed a strange perception, for they can see only illusions, unable to look beyond the granite block of sin, and stopping at the outside form of nothing. To this distorted form of vision the outside of everything, the wall that stands between you and the truth, is wholly true. Yet how can sight that stops at nothingness, as if it were a solid wall, see truly? It is held back by form, having been made to guarantee that nothing else but form will be perceived.

There is a light that shines upon this world, And judges it as Christ would have it judged. There is no condemnation on it. He Beholds it sinless, in the light that shines From His Own face. His vision looks upon The sure reflection of His Father’s Love; The picture calling up His memory.

What can remain of evil in the world Christ’s vision looks upon? And what could still Appear to me as fearful, with the light Of His perfection on it? What could teach Me sorrow has a cause, or death is real? Help me forgive the world. The peace You give In my forgiveness will be given me.

Dream softly of your sinless brother, who unites with you in holy innocence. And from this dream, the Lord of Heaven will Himself awaken His beloved Son. Dream of your brother’s kindnesses instead of dwelling in your dreams on his mistakes. Select his thoughtfulness to dream about instead of counting up the hurts he gave. Forgive him his illusions, and give thanks to him for all the helpfulness he gave. And do not brush aside his many gifts because he is not perfect in your dreams.

He represents his Father, Whom you see as offering both life and death to you. Brother, He gives but life.Yet what you see as gifts your brother offers represent the gifts you dream your Father gives to you. Let all your brother’s gifts be seen in light of charity and kindness offered you. And let no pain disturb your dream of deep appreciation for his gifts to you.

Edited by gettoefl

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, gettoefl said:

this might help some from my morning reading: 

soul.jpg

@gettoefl  

How do you reconcile free will and the Plan? Is it another thing that this mind can't really grasp? The interplay between the Plan and our own choices. Is it correct to try to align yourself with the Plan by not resisting whatever is happening and trusting in the higher power? I try not to make any radical decisions anymore, just going with whatever life presents, trusting it is for the best. 

Edited by CoolDreamThanks

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

Posted (edited)

@gettoefl 

Do you agree with the idea that life is a solipsistic dream, a God pretending to be human, puppeteering all of the characters in a dream but limiting himself to the feelings and thoughts of one character, pretending to be only him? Like a dream at night? 

I've just read this profound, beautiful, and kinda of scary trip report. Maybe you saw it already, but here it is: 

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found merely a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse, of that one the world is no longer worthy." - Jesus

1 hour ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

@gettoefl  

How do you reconcile free will and the Plan? Is it another thing that this mind can't really grasp? The interplay between the Plan and our own choices. Is it correct to try to align yourself with the Plan by not resisting whatever is happening and trusting in the higher power? I try not to make any radical decisions anymore, just going with whatever life presents, trusting it is for the best. 

the plan is set and on schedule and everyone is on course; however it is possible for you to save time and that is why we do what we do

the miracle is the time saving device; it can save a person thousands of lifetimes and one person enables all humanity to jump timelines

many don't want this however and are happy to stay here as long as they possibly can

42 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

@gettoefl 

Do you agree with the idea that life is a solipsistic dream, a God pretending to be human, puppeteering all of the characters in a dream but limiting himself to the feelings and thoughts of one character, pretending to be only him? Like a dream at night? 

I've just read this profound, beautiful, and kinda of scary trip report. Maybe you saw it already, but here it is: 

indisputably 

The body’s serial adventures, from the time of birth to dying is the theme of every dream the world has ever had. The “hero” of this dream will never change, nor will its purpose. Though the dream itself takes many forms, and seems to show a great variety of places and events wherein its “hero” finds itself, the dream has but one purpose, taught in many ways. This single lesson does it try to teach again, and still again, and yet once more; that it is CAUSE and NOT effect. And YOU are its effect, and CANNOT be its cause.

Thus are you not the dreamer, but the DREAM. And so you wander idly in and out of places and events which IT contrives. That this is all the body does is true, for it IS but a figure in a dream. But who reacts to figures in a dream unless he sees them as if they were real? The instant that he sees them as they ARE, they have no more effects on him because he understands he GAVE them their effects by causing them, and making them seem real.

1 hour ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

@gettoefl 

I have had that same experience with 5meo many times, the first one was extremely horrible. I was alone trapped in eternity and I built dreams to forget that absolute horror. It is an error, it is a perception that occurs because the ego has not been completely dissolved, there is still identification. You have to break that illusion of the center, and the opening is total, then the infinite manifests.

God is an illusion, it is identification, this is absolutely obvious once you destroy all identifications and infinity opens up, but this is very intimidating since it is the death of the self. It's first course of spirituality but it seems like no one has gotten to the most obvious thing yet.

2 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I have had that same experience with 5meo many times, the first one was extremely horrible. I was alone trapped in eternity and I built dreams to forget that absolute horror. It is an error, it is a perception that occurs because the ego has not been completely dissolved, there is still identification. You have to break that illusion of the center, and the opening is total, then the infinite manifests.

God is an illusion, it is identification, this is absolutely obvious once you destroy all identifications and infinity opens up, but this is very intimidating since it is the death of the self. It's first course of spirituality but it seems like no one has gotten to the most obvious thing yet.

Do I understand correctly that in the trip report I mentioned, the person identified as God, which is why it's scary? The self that identifies has to dissolve, and then Infinite Love can manifest?  

Somehow, in my trips, I don't really get that deep realization of —I am God. I enter trips after a week or two of meditating and then just dissolve into beautiful love/light, where I don't even feel like I exist; it's just heavenly, but without realizing that it is heavenly if that makes sense. There is no realization that I am. It's just love without it looking back on itself.

Is that the end, the infinite you refer to?  

4 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Do I understand correctly that in the trip report I mentioned, the person identified as God, which is why it's scary?

The person see itself trapped in the eternity alone and that's why it's scary. Who had that perception is the ego. 

5 minutes ago, CoolDreamThanks said:

Somehow, in my trips, I don't really get that deep realization of —I am God. I enter trips after a week or two of meditating and then just dissolve into beautiful love/light, where I don't even feel like I exist; it's just heavenly, but without realizing that it is heavenly if that makes sense. There is no realization that I am. It's just love without it looking back on itself.

Is that the end, the infinite you refer to?  

For me, psychedelic trips are a way to make the mind flexible, the opening to infinity happens sober, or perhaps with a single hit of weed to soften the mind a little. openings with psychedelics are forced, and the ego always finds a way to get a hold (i have done hundreds of trips of 5meo and DMT).

The surrender of the self must be voluntary, if it is forced by a substance 99% there will be a remainder of identification and confusion. To say that reality is pure love, pure bliss, total intelligence is not false, but it is still identification. Reality is the absence of limits, and that is the cause of love, etc. the openness must be absolute and the surrender of the self total. and no drug is going to do it for you, you have to do it yourself

@Breakingthewall @gettoefl Thank you both. Beautiful, profound, and helpful sharings :x

Posted (edited)

Today, I just feel like: 

giphy.gif 

and:

giphy.gif