Atb210201

The futility of non judgmental ideology

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I see a lot of people who come into the world of spirituality subscribing to the idea of not judging anything or anyone at all like it's the moral code of spirituality nowadays I myself am guilty of this in the past so I actually am not misjudging someone here to be above anyone

But this notion of you should not judge anything or anyone including yourself at all is not right let me break it for you to see what I mean

Suppose you say I should not judge let's see what you are doing here

When you say I should not judge you are actually judging the act of judging itself

You are judging the act of judgement

Saying judgement is not right or it is bad

You see?

It is contradictory

Now I'm not saying it's impossible to not judge of course it is possible you can do that but the thing is if you are against judging for life then it turns out to become a judgement itself so if you want to go full circle you should stop being against judging and not judge the act of judging itself

Suppose you don't judge yourself at all then you can do whatever you want without any consequences sounds nice doesn't it?

Exactly my point you could become a selfish devil always forgiving yourself for everything thinking you could do whatever and not taking responsibility for anything

Yes you heard that right sometimes you should even blame yourself for your mistakes that's the way to grow from your mistakes

You can only make righteous judgments when you take responsibility and for that you actually should even judge yourself like if you did something bad you shouldn't deny it you have to acknowledge it to be able to go beyond it; Self judgment and Self reflection is the key to Self knowledge

And not only about yourself when your judgment becomes sharp and right you can see the consequences of everything better and judge others better and righteously too but you have to start with yourself the key to knowing others is also first knowing yourself

I hope I was clear in this because the ability to make right and just judgement is very much needed in society today I feel like a lot of societies problems are because people have lost their ability to judge rightly as a result of subscribing to this non judgmental ideology but let's face it most of the times it's just an excuse for the one subscribing to this non judgmental ideology to think they are free to do whatever they want without any consequences it's actually a selfish and devilish motivation for the ego

That's why I decided to talk about this and represent this idea of righteous judgment back

What do you think?

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Transcending judgment is really fucking difficult. Because it's so fundamental to our survival.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Consider that by having Ten Commandments you are judging someone for either following or breaking the rules. Very intriguing. 

Posted (edited)

@Keryo Koffa Have seen it great stuff exactly these kinds of videos led me to this text I've written here

Because I had concluded in the past that judgment is no good and always must be transcended

But when I let go of my conclusions about it and questioned my assumptions I reached yet again another new conclusion 

You could say a new more nuanced conclusion was born;)

Edited by Atb210201

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura Of course Leo

I'm saying sometimes we need to use it

We don't have to always transcend it

If we didn't have judgment at all we would do stupid things without considering the consequences of our actions; right judgment is what is making us wise

But of course we sometimes have to transcend it too

I'm with you on that

I just want to present a balanced and realistic perspective

As Persian sufi poets said every point has it's place and time

Edited by Atb210201

Posted (edited)

@Yimpa Well sometimes rules are needed aren't they? otherwise we would have lived in a rule free world already by now 

People can't always be fully trusted specially when everybody has their little egos; The devil is working he's not resting;)

Edited by Atb210201

7 hours ago, Atb210201 said:

@Yimpa Well sometimes rules are needed aren't they? otherwise we would have lived in a rule free world already by now 

People can't always be fully trusted specially when everybody has their little egos; The devil is working he's not resting;)

There is a lot empahis on Budism on Cultivation of Dicernment, that is same as Judgement but for me is more a question of Cultivation of More Perspectives, Nuances, Contrasts, in Noticing Subtlety in the workings of Mind,Society etc.. The Story of King Salomon comes to mind when he solve the situation of two mothers wanting to claim that the baby belongs to them, one the real mother and other the fake one. 

first is to drop judging oneself as guilty, i have diminished responsibilities for everything i have ever done, i was doing the best i could with the little i was given, i was acting per my low level of consciousness, i am not at fault and i am not to blame ,yes  i do feel guilty but it's faulty wiring and is easily corrected, sin is impossible since it would mean that god is evil, i have made errors and mistakes but that was is in ignorance and arrogance, i knew not who i was and instead i thought i was all that, i now know i am pure absolute innocence and judgement against me is inconceivable

and when i know this unambiguously, i know that you are no different

On 6/6/2024 at 2:24 PM, Rafael Thundercat said:

There is a lot empahis on Budism on Cultivation of Dicernment, that is same as Judgement but for me is more a question of Cultivation of More Perspectives, Nuances, Contrasts, in Noticing Subtlety in the workings of Mind,Society etc.. The Story of King Salomon comes to mind when he solve the situation of two mothers wanting to claim that the baby belongs to them, one the real mother and other the fake one. 

Ah yes you said it better thank you

On 6/6/2024 at 7:21 PM, gettoefl said:

first is to drop judging oneself as guilty, i have diminished responsibilities for everything i have ever done, i was doing the best i could with the little i was given, i was acting per my low level of consciousness, i am not at fault and i am not to blame ,yes  i do feel guilty but it's faulty wiring and is easily corrected, sin is impossible since it would mean that god is evil, i have made errors and mistakes but that was is in ignorance and arrogance, i knew not who i was and instead i thought i was all that, i now know i am pure absolute innocence and judgement against me is inconceivable

and when i know this unambiguously, i know that you are no different

That's a high level of compassion right there you my friend are very lovely thank you

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Atb210201 said:

That's a high level of compassion right there you my friend are very lovely thank you

that's kind of you dear brother

i contemplated some more and i can make it more simple

to be non-judgemental only gets you 80% home, it's good but not great

non-judgement is i am taking no position on you on way or the other, i am ignorant of the merit or otherwise of your action or behavior

this is the slow lane to heaven, good but not great

what instead needs to be done is judge the person but not the action

know that the person and his or her action is non related so it is of no use to judge an action

how to know this is to know it for yourself, what my body does is NOT under my control

when i realize this, then i can judge you based on your true nature and my ascent to heaven is hastened

A timelessness in which is time made real; a part of God which can attack itself; a separate brother as an enemy; a mind within a body, all are forms of circularity, whose ending starts at its beginning, ending at its cause. The world you see depicts exactly what you thought you did. Except that now you think that what you did is being done to you. The guilt for what you thought is being placed outside yourself, and on a guilty world which dreams your dreams and thinks your thoughts instead of you. It brings its vengeance, not your own. It keeps you narrowly confined within a body, which it punishes because of all the sinful things the body does within its dream. You have no power to make the body stop its evil deeds, because you did not make it, and cannot control its actions or its purpose or its fate.

Edited by gettoefl