Alfonsoo

Mexico’s first woman president!! 🇲🇽

16 posts in this topic

México, known for its machismo just elected their first ever female president: Claudia Sheinbaum. That’s a big deal in and of itself. Seems like first world countries are starting to lag behind hehe. Besides the broken gender barrier, it’s the second period Mexico gets a president that not only has some dignity and respect for humans and the country, but actually has passion and a deep love for the common people and the land. In my opinion (which is shared by 65% of the country) Andres Manuel (the current president) has done a historically good job. He managed to disrupt and hopefully put an end to the decades (basically 90 years) of combined government form the parties PAN (religious) and PRI (capitalist bullshit) which managed to run a masked dictatorship selling and exploiting every single thing this country has, from its people, to its resources and its freedom. During the campaigns, you could taste the desperation the old parties have (they even had to join forces) as they realize their time is done.

Wanting a female president just because of her gender is sexist 

@Twentyfirst even if she was a man, we got a great politician. But it is important to recognize that she got to win despite the fact she is a woman in an very sexist country. There are worse places, no doubt.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Alfonsoo said:

@Twentyfirst even if she was a man, we got a great politician. But it is important to recognize that she got to win despite the fact she is a woman in an very sexist country. There are worse places, no doubt.

Only a small percentage of women are born to actually be a politician. Men are much more likely to be destined to work in politics 

Have you ever tried getting laid by rizzing a girl about politics or economy? I guarantee they will fuck someone else who is just talking crap to them  

Edited by Twentyfirst

Remains to be seen how she approaches the cartel issue, that's still a major problem

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

Yeah, I was surprised!

Sheinbaum won by a triple landslide!

I also like how she's Jewish. I never thought their country would elect some Jewish even though it's mostly a Catholic country.

9 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Wanting a female president just because of her gender is sexist 

that's not the point. the point is that now millions of mexican girls will grow up knowing that they too can achieve anything they dedicate themselves to completely, regardless of their gender.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

America still has no female leader yet. looool.

Plenty of other Western countries have. Britain has had three! 

14 minutes ago, bebotalk said:

America still has no female leader yet.

The vice president is a female. 

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

The vice president is a female. 

The VP's powers are limited. The POTUS controls the executive branch. VP IMHO doesn't count. THe constitution just says the VP fills in the POTUS if he is incapacitated or vactes office and controls the Senate. 

She sounds nice. Pro-Palestine jew, pro-LGTBI+ rights, and left-leaning.

She hasn't been elected for being a woman, which she is, and the first to get this high, and this fact can be considered significant and relevant. She has been elected because the people in Mexico like her, and have considered that she's capable for the job better than her competitors. If you had put an unlikable and incompetent woman in her place, wouldn't have won.

I don't expect any miracle, but way better than any far right-wing economic system that further deep in corporate greed and cause avoidable poverty and inequality.

3 hours ago, Nilsi said:

that's not the point. the point is that now millions of mexican girls will grow up knowing that they too can achieve anything they dedicate themselves to completely, regardless of their gender.

As if they didn't already know that before?

23 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

As if they didn't already know that before?

Growing up, people tend to role model their futures based on what they see in reality.

I don't know Mexico's culture well enough. Is it full of optimism and opportunity?

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Growing up, people tend to role model their futures based on what they see in reality.

I don't know Mexico's culture well enough. Is it full of optimism and opportunity?

Bro people in Mexico gave up because they know the cartel will always run the show. Mexico has an amazing geography, culture, and plenty of resources but it won't mean shit. BTW whats inspiring to a young Mexican woman when she sees a Jewish women taking lead of Mexico

Edited by Twentyfirst

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Bro people in Mexico gave up because they know the cartel will always run the show. Mexico has an amazing geography, culture, and plenty of resources but it won't mean shit. BTW whats inspiring to a young Mexican woman when she sees a Jewish women taking lead of Mexico

Thank you. I don't know much about Mexico living so far away; I understand the cartels are a problem, and I occasionally see a documentary, but not often. 

Your question would depend on how much someone identified their politicians with their faith. It is not one I can answer for Mexicans as a whole, even to offer a general overview.

In England, for example, the question of which faith someone worships as a politician only carries a little weight. Like America, gender and skin color here carry more significance, but even then, not as much as, for example, ideology or scandal on stage greenish issues.

For example, a leading Welsh politician was recently savaged for taking a donation from a firm that violated recycling laws twice: Atlantic Recycling. This will be discussed far more than his faith, skin color, or political ideology. It has been enough for a no-confidence vote; it's the difference between America's more stage orange population (who tolerate a bit more corruption) and England's at least thin veneer of trying to touch green publicly on things like recycling.

Edited by BlueOak

@Alfonsoo

On 2024-06-03 at 8:02 AM, Alfonsoo said:

México, known for its machismo just elected their first ever female president: Claudia Sheinbaum. That’s a big deal in and of itself. Seems like first world countries are starting to lag behind hehe. Besides the broken gender barrier, it’s the second period Mexico gets a president that not only has some dignity and respect for humans and the country, but actually has passion and a deep love for the common people and the land. In my opinion (which is shared by 65% of the country) Andres Manuel (the current president) has done a historically good job. He managed to disrupt and hopefully put an end to the decades (basically 90 years) of combined government form the parties PAN (religious) and PRI (capitalist bullshit) which managed to run a masked dictatorship selling and exploiting every single thing this country has, from its people, to its resources and its freedom. During the campaigns, you could taste the desperation the old parties have (they even had to join forces) as they realize their time is done.

That's great, hope for the best for her, that place is pretty ruthless. Also, there was a female cartel leader in the past, so I'm not too worried for her position being in jeopardy.