aurum

Two people living in one body

18 posts in this topic

Radical open-mindedness required:

Honestly it’s hard for me to make sense of exactly what is happening here.

Assuming this is true, the idea is that these “souls” can enter and exit the body. But what exactly is a soul anyway? And what does it mean to enter and exit a physical body?

None of my previous awakening experiences or contemplations have answered these questions.

Regardless, it’s evidence that consciousness is way funkier than most people realize.

Posted (edited)

You are right, there are no such a thing as a soul.

Let´s understand it like this: When the moment of Creation, God was undivided. For Creation to happen, the Mirror had to break into a lot of pieces.

Each of this pieces, is what you call a soul.

But is not actually an individual soul, it has no quality of its own. Rather, is a certain memory/information of God.

Let´s call it a karmic bag. A karmic bag which is nothing more than a certain memory of God. Or... A certain piece of the mirror. 

Now what will it do this bag? It will find bodies or wombs where it can be expressed, or rather, where it will try to survive, maintain itself as a certain memory/configuration.

The whole process of reincarnation is just that. Enter a body that matches the tendencies of the karma or the memory. 

Having said that, i never head about two 'souls' sharing a body. I read somewhere about a Yogui doing a certain process and was running out of time in his own body so it decided to get into another Yoguis body to finish the work, avoding having to start all of the beggining again (to avoid doing again sadhana).

But not sure if what this women is talking about is the same. It looks this women has two personalities inside their head. 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Having said that, i never head about two 'souls' sharing a body. I read somewhere about a Yogui doing a certain process and was running out of time in his own body so it decided to get into another Yoguis body to finish the work, avoding having to start all of the beggining again (to avoid doing again sadhana).

But not sure if what this women is talking about is the same. It looks this women has two personalities inside their head. 

I’m inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that there is something spiritual happening here. It is not mental illness. They seem too well-adjusted and intelligent for that. 

I don’t quite understand the intricacies of how it works.

Clearly it’s a non-dual phenomenon.

Edited by aurum

Posted (edited)

If you want the proof that souls exist and can talk to you. Watch this video. And you will shit your pants brother. You will shit your pants ma friend. 

Because it's so mind blowing..... :D

Disclaimer: the video itself is not scary. But insanely eye opening. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

3 hours ago, aurum said:

Damn, she/he even changes their voice tone and personality midway talking back and forth lol. 

Nice share  👍

1 hour ago, aurum said:

They seem too well-adjusted and intelligent for that. 

Yeah, thats a fair point.

42 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

If you want the proof that souls exist and can talk to you. Watch this video. And you will shit your pants brother. You will shit your pants ma friend. 

Because it's so mind blowing..... :D

Disclaimer: the video itself is not scary. But insanely eye opening. 

Those guys are fake though. 🥲

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

@aurum it's striking in that it's unusual for sure. My working theory is that the feeling of being one undivided individual is only a "convenience" for others socially, and so it is more habit than anything else.

I think we're born without much of an identity and we grow an identity over time by copying others: mostly parents and siblings to start with. In that sense we are a pastiche of others identities' filtered through our own biology and perceptions (nothing is really ours). All those bits of identity get strung together and we say we have a "soul" or more rightly a "unique identity" that belongs to us. But there is no limitation in practice that says we must have one overarching identity, and so we get the situation in the video. Indeed, we can have bits of our identity that are in constant conflict with each other.

I think the social aspect of identity has a strong influence here. People expect us to be consistent and roughly the "same person" over time because it makes for a lot smoother social interaction - we need to maintain mental models of others' identities and personalities and this is cognitively very difficult. It's a lot lot simpler if each person has one unique identity.

57% paranoid

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Those guys are fake though. 🥲

Maybe, but I believe tears can't be faked. And the way he was braking down in tears had me braking down in tears aswell lol. That's a proof to me when something is genuine imo. 

Edited by Salvijus

8 hours ago, aurum said:

Finnished watching this. 

Mind..... 

Fricking..... 

Blowing................ 

My reality is shattered. 

9 hours ago, LastThursday said:

@aurum it's striking in that it's unusual for sure. My working theory is that the feeling of being one undivided individual is only a "convenience" for others socially, and so it is more habit than anything else.

I think we're born without much of an identity and we grow an identity over time by copying others: mostly parents and siblings to start with. In that sense we are a pastiche of others identities' filtered through our own biology and perceptions (nothing is really ours). All those bits of identity get strung together and we say we have a "soul" or more rightly a "unique identity" that belongs to us. But there is no limitation in practice that says we must have one overarching identity, and so we get the situation in the video. Indeed, we can have bits of our identity that are in constant conflict with each other.

I think the social aspect of identity has a strong influence here. People expect us to be consistent and roughly the "same person" over time because it makes for a lot smoother social interaction - we need to maintain mental models of others' identities and personalities and this is cognitively very difficult. It's a lot lot simpler if each person has one unique identity.

I'd agree with that.

But in this specific case, that seems like an oversimplification. 

If we take their story at face value, what they are describing is not just a pastiche of identities. They are able control different parts of the physical body, enter and exit at will, have different memories, skills and feel each other's presence. They even have a different voice.

If let myself drop the social exception of having to be the "same person", I will still not look anything like this. So it's much more extreme than anything most people experience.

Also, they don't appear to have classic dissociative disorder. So what other explanations are left?

We could argue they are making it all up, but that also is a weak explanation. What would they have to gain by making something like this up? 

6 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Finnished watching this. 

Mind..... 

Fricking..... 

Blowing................ 

My reality is shattered. 

It's truly wild. Parts 2-4 gets even deeper.

There are four parts for anyone following:

Part 4 is maybe the most interesting in terms of looking at the metaphysics of all this. They appear to share a pretty typical New Age view, which is that humanity to going through a spiritual evolution in order to meet the collective challenges we are facing. Interesting though that they emphasize that this evolution is "slow", as apposed to many New Agers who assume this process will be extremely rapid.

Also, tons of respect for Dr. Mishlove for how he conducted this interview. His open-mindedness and warmth made for an excellent conversation. All of them had great chemistry together. 

40 minutes ago, aurum said:

But in this specific case, that seems like an oversimplification. 

If we take their story at face value, what they are describing is not just a pastiche of identities. They are able control different parts of the physical body, enter and exit at will, have different memories, skills and feel each other's presence. They even have a different voice.

If let myself drop the social exception of having to be the "same person", I will still not look anything like this. So it's much more extreme than anything most people experience.

Also, they don't appear to have classic dissociative disorder. So what other explanations are left?

We could argue they are making it all up, but that also is a weak explanation. What would they have to gain by making something like this up? 

For sure it's a gross simplification. Still it's a interesting exercise to try and come up with some sort of explanation, I find it totally fascinating.

To use an IT analogy: I see it like software (soul) being on hardware (body). For most people, there's one integrated program running albeit it's made up of lots of different parts. But in the video there are two well delineated programs running simultaneously. The operating system engages one or the other program mutually exclusively, although the two appear to share some information between them.

They're definitely not acting in my opinion - although I would say there are strong parallels with acting. We are well able to learn to take on different personas. The fact that we can do this at all (i.e. the average person), indicates that different personas can inhabit the same body or at the very least different traits are expressed in different situations. I just think the video shows an extreme case of this.

I do think that the social pressure to be "one person" shouldn't be underestimated. But you're right even in the privacy of my own home I'm still feel like one person, even if I were to express different things than I would in public.

Cool post, I'll watch the rest of the videos.

57% paranoid

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, aurum said:

Honestly it’s hard for me to make sense of exactly what is happening here.

Assuming this is true, the idea is that these “souls” can enter and exit the body. But what exactly is a soul anyway? And what does it mean to enter and exit a physical body?

None of my previous awakening experiences or contemplations have answered these questions.

Regardless, it’s evidence that consciousness is way funkier than most people realize.

It is a New Age concept, called "Walk in", a sudden change in personality, mentality and preferences which is attributed to an older soul joining another one in the same body.

I can see this happening. Imagine being another person and dying. You then incarnate into a new body. This new body is not necessarily a newborn, it could be an adult. The moment you incarnate into this new body, you will have all the memories of this person and its current experience without noticing that. Essentially you unite with another soul and your experiences become one.

I feel the incarnation stuff is much more complex than we already understand, and the problem is, to understand it, you must die first 9_9.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

3 hours ago, LastThursday said:

To use an IT analogy: I see it like software (soul) being on hardware (body). For most people, there's one integrated program running albeit it's made up of lots of different parts. But in the video there are two well delineated programs running simultaneously. The operating system engages one or the other program mutually exclusively, although the two appear to share some information between them.

That analogy seems to aligns with what they are saying.

For instance, they mentioned that if they both leave the both simultaneously, the body apprently will just fall to the floor.

I will have to contemplate it further.

3 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

It is a New Age concept, called "Walk in", a sudden change in personality, mentality and preferences which is attributed to an older soul joining another one in the same body.

I can see this happening. Imagine being another person and dying. You then incarnate into a new body. This new body is not necessarily a newborn, it could be an adult. The moment you incarnate into this new body, you will have all the memories of this person and its current experience without noticing that. Essentially you unite with another soul and your experiences become one.

I feel the incarnation stuff is much more complex than we already understand, and the problem is, to understand it, you must die first 9_9.

Yes I've seen someone claim a "walk-in" IRL.

What to make of it I think is still beyond my understanding.