r0ckyreed

How Is It Possible To Be Wrong If Reality Is Relative?

126 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2024 at 10:39 PM, Leo Gura said:

A Christian's dream includes that Christianity is ultimately a fiction. But there can be a deeper dream where Christianity is not a fiction. But no Chrisitian is powerful enough to dream that.

And what is power?

I feel like What Is The Color of The Dress raises doubts for me on this issue that I don’t think has been resolved yet. Here is the link:  https://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

Contemplate how profound this issue is. Half of the world thinks the dress is white and gold when it is really black and white. How can perception be reality when perception deceives us? What if the Astronauts who view the earth being round are just like the people who view the dress as white and gold?

Imagine that our senses deceive 99% of humans. And 1% perceive their senses clearly. There is your enlightened guru.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

On 6/6/2024 at 11:40 PM, GLORY said:

@Leo Gura

Do you agree with that 

Don't equate higher consciousness necessarily with seeing more hidden stuff. It could be that, but doesn't have to.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/6/2024 at 9:17 PM, r0ckyreed said:

It’s impossible to awaken because then you would just be awakening to another dream. You wake up from one dream to realize that you are still asleep in another. I guess “awakening” is realizing that there are infinite dreams and it is impossible to escape dreaming. Total Awakening from all dreams is itself a fantasy dream.

Awakening is the reality perceiving itself as absolute. It is something beyond the mind and is independent of the reality that is occurring. It precisely implies that the reality that is occurring is indifferent, it is always the absolute.

@Atb210201 

On 6/2/2024 at 9:15 PM, Atb210201 said:

@r0ckyreed If everything is relative then relativism is absolute isn't it?

This statement contradicts itself

I mean come on "absolute relativism"? Is that even a thing? How could it be possible? It's an oxymoron

Better to say there are both relative and absolute aspects to things

Sometimes there are rights and wrongs

And sometimes there aren't or you could say it this way there is always a right and a wrong in every situation and rights and wrongs are dynamic but you can let it go Sometimes maybe even you could say it like this that the right thing to do Sometimes is letting go itself

You get to choose and distinguish

Similarly, sometimes you must judge

And Sometimes you mustn't

You get to choose and distinguish where and when to do what

How do we know that contradicting statements must be false?

Understanding reality is relative is a minor superpower. Just don't overuse it, or everyone will hate you for not saying anything.

Drop it in when someone gets stuck somewhere, or you get stuck or find difficulty somewhere. Alone, it can be enough to get things flowing again.