BlurryBoi

Are there Psychedelics that are Not Stimulating/Exhausting to the Nervous System ?

138 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, bambi said:

You can be very obtuse and slippery with some of your positions, its very strange. Do you not prefer just being upfront, honest and direct? Like its not clear to me what your position on psychedelics are at the moment lol, you speak in riddles and partial stances. Whats the big deal of just writing an accurate outline of your current stance.

My stance is that psychedelics are the ultimate tool for higher consciousness but they are more dangerous than people understand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think everyone should approach this issue individually and access the personal toll from psychedelics. 

There are examples, such as Sasha Shulgin who experimented with hundreds of different psychedelic substances and lived until 88. I also remember reading about cases when people took 10-100x the dose of LSD and were fine.  Neurogenesis and -plasticity are some of the documented effects of psychedelics, but so have been psychoses and cardiac arrests

In the end, you have to make a responsible decision. Opening yourself up to consciousness is like increasing the voltage for an appliance and depending on what "alloy" you are made of, the effects may be different. For. example, I personally have consistent stomach irritation from all psychedelics and almost always vomit, whereas my brothers have had none of that from the same batch and dose. 

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My stance is that psychedelics are the ultimate tool for higher consciousness but they are more dangerous than people understand.

Help us understand the second half of your sentence. In what ways are they dangerous then most understand. Are you talking emotionally, pyschological, enegertically, neurobiologically etc etc, or combination. How do you mitigate this issue etc wetc

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, bambi said:

In what ways are they dangerous then most understand. Are you talking emotionally, pyschological, enegertically, neurobiologically etc etc, or combination. How do you mitigate this issue etc wetc

Both physically and mentally. Lots of potential for accidental abuse, misuse, overuse.

You can really sour yourself on life and blackpill yourself psychologically if you go too deep. Humans are not meant to be that conscious.

And you will not be able to hold on to that level of consciousness. So you will have to live knowning how much you're missing.

The beauty of nondualists is that they just have no idea how little they understand Consciousness. So they can live in bliss.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, bambi said:

The last sentence, where is your evidence and data for this? What is the basis for such an affirmative claim? Can you please cite some soruce or data.

Several studies in mice show nuerogenesis, and several studies in humans show an increase in BDNF which is involved in neurogenesis.

A big psychedelic trip will maybe increase neurogenesis by a few hundred of neurons in a days.

If you have brain damages you want an increasing which is counted in at least hundred of millions.

Joe Dispenza achieved this sort of thing by putting his patient's nervous systems in specific states through meditation, guided by EMF scans.
In general, the recovery of the CNS, whether the brain or the spinal cord, is very delicate, and it is essentially a matter of triggering a state of high energy security.
Raymond Peat spoke about T3/T4 and progesterone (even for men, maybe allopregnenolone could do the job ? or 5a-DHP?) for recovery from nerve damage.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Humans are not meant to be that conscious.

I'm here to become one of the most conscious humans of all time :P

11 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

A big psychedelic trip will maybe increase neurogenesis by a few hundred of neurons in a days.

If you have brain damages you want an increasing which is counted in at least hundred of millions.

Joe Dispenza achieved this sort of thing by putting his patient's nervous systems in specific states through meditation, guided by EMF scans.
In general, the recovery of the CNS, whether the brain or the spinal cord, is very delicate, and it is essentially a matter of triggering a state of high energy security.
Raymond Peat spoke about T3/T4 and progesterone (even for men, maybe allopregnenolone could do the job ? or 5a-DHP?) for recovery from nerve damage.

What do you mean exactly by brain damages?

Why has the conversation changed to repairing nerve damage?

Im not following this flow

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Both physically and mentally. Lots of potential for accidental abuse, misuse, overuse.

You can really sour yourself on life and blackpill yourself psychologically if you go too deep. Humans are not meant to be that conscious.

Yes got this from alot of your posts, the disdain for humanity was palpable.

Do you believe psychedelics offer any therepeutic benefit for most humans? Are do you believe they are now a fad

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A sore muscle is not the same.

Still the brain is not as vulnerable of an organ as we tend to think. The brain is able to partially revitalize tissues and restore functions lost after stroke.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

30 minutes ago, bambi said:

What do you mean exactly by brain damages?

Why has the conversation changed to repairing nerve damage?

Im not following this flow

Because you have said than psychedelics are useful for neurogenesis.

29 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Because you have said than psychedelics are useful for neurogenesis.

Gotcha, the problem is there is only primary effects measured. I guess the main issue here would be the secondary effect of stopping alcohol or cociane for example.

I guess the main effects of psychedelics then are neuroplasticity and changes in perspective on self, other, and all our behaviours, that can help stop destructive habits to allow the brian to heal itself

I tried peptides ARA-290, Humanin-g, and DSNP-5 to repair the brain. Even considered cerebrolysin and dihexa, and tried sourcing  ISRIB/ABBA (Google Calico new compound) but none of them seemed to have such a direct effect as psychedelics on my overall wellbeing

I agree that the long-term effects of psychedelics should be taken seriously.   The reality is that science, which neglected study of psychedelics due to political reasons, knows very little about them and has not done long-term studies.  When I was in Peru, I saw the shaman, who was in his 50s, routinely carry two heavy water bottles on his shoulders while walking up a jungle hill.   He has consumed a ton of Ayahuasca and has been smoking mapacho since he was a child.   Western reductionist thinking lacks context.   In what context are you doing it?  Is your context harmful or healing?  That’s why I always have a strong intention and only do the sacred medicines under ceremony.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

10 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

I agree that the long-term effects of psychedelics should be taken seriously.   The reality is that science, which neglected study of psychedelics due to political reasons, knows very little about them and has not done long-term studies. 

The long-term effects of science should also be taken seriously.

1 hour ago, bambi said:

Do you believe psychedelics offer any therepeutic benefit for most humans?

Yes. They are better than therapy.

1 hour ago, bambi said:

Are do you believe they are now a fad

They are getting popular but no amount of human nonsense will change the underlying power of psychedelics. Fads will come and go but psychedelics will always be king.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. They are better than therapy.

They are getting popular but no amount of human nonsense will change the underlying power of psychedelics. Fads will come and go but psychedelics will always be king.

Ah okay good to know, I was thinking you had changed your whole position and perspective on psychedelics, and perhaps they are now dangerous and should be avoided and we should go back to more traditonal healing and therpeutic modalities

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Totally. They're at the same time much more powerful and require much more caution than is commonly realized.

We need to stop demonizing/idolizing things all the time. Psychedelics are neither the devils work nor a magic cure for our predicament. They are simply chemical technology. How we use them and what consequences that's gonna have is completely up to us.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And you will not be able to hold on to that level of consciousness. So you will have to live knowning how much you're missing.

The beauty of nondualists is that they just have no idea how little they understand Consciousness. So they can live in bliss.

Have you been able to integrate all these repercussions? You said that your profoundly happy most days now, is the integration of this stuff what led you to becoming profoundly happy, or at least raised the bar of it. Being able to correlate tiny aspects of those conscious peaks into normal life, creating appreciation at the human level that wasn't possible beforehand?

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Francis777 said:

Have you been able to integrate all these repercussions? You said that your profoundly happy most days now, is the integration of this stuff what led you to becoming profoundly happy, or at least raised the bar of it. Being able to correlate tiny aspects of those conscious peaks into normal life, creating appreciation at the human level that wasn't possible beforehand?

My situation is murky due to lots of health problems. So I don't have a clear picture of my happiness any more. For me, a good day is when I am not feeling too shitty from health issues.

You shouldn't draw too many conclusions from my case because it's probably quite different from yours.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Bandman said:

Is it wise to do medium to high dose therapeutic trips completely alone? what if I break through completely to a different dimension, how do i make sure my body wont harm itself in the "real world"?

Not asking for medical advice, i take all responsibilty, i wont do stupid shit. just asking a seasoned psychonaut.

There is no gaurantee of safety and the more often you do it the more things which could go wrong will go wrong. And the deeper you go the more risk of self-harm there will be.

So what you can do is:

1) Observe very strict protocol. Learn to trip in a gentle and controlled way, not like wild maniac who lets loose like a bat outta Hell.

2) Don't trip too often, so you stay well grounded.

3) Don't dose too high.

4) Lock away dangerous objects before you trip.

5) Use a trip sitter.

Edited by Leo Gura

27 minutes ago, Bandman said:

Is it wise to do medium to high dose therapeutic trips completely alone? what if I break through completely to a different dimension, how do i make sure my body wont harm itself in the "real world"?

Not asking for medical advice, i take all responsibilty, i wont do stupid shit. just asking a seasoned psychonaut.

I hate to break it to you, but you gotta be open to anything happening. The ego wants to control how the trips go, but that is a trap. 

Taking psychedelics isn’t a joke. But I do remember one time laughing hysterically for an hour straight just by watching a Flintstones clip 💀