128 posts in this topic

True story. I've been there on a tour and sleep over. She murdered all her husbands; and they say she still haunts the premises. I was so young, all that didn't phase me while I was there; but I swear I heard a door squeak and no one was there. Lol

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia I have so many questions.

First off why do Jamaicans seem to have life lessons on everything? Is this cultural? Because life lessons to me seem like wisdom, do Jamaicans have more awareness you think? 

Then, why you think ppl always call girl bad or like the badman bad girl thing? Is that youth going against traditional Christian values? And why is that a Jamaican thing you think? 

I don't know much. 

2 hours ago, Butters said:

@Princess Arabia I have so many questions.

First off why do Jamaicans seem to have life lessons on everything? Is this cultural? Because life lessons to me seem like wisdom, do Jamaicans have more awareness you think? 

Then, why you think ppl always call girl bad or like the badman bad girl thing? Is that youth going against traditional Christian values? And why is that a Jamaican thing you think? 

I don't know much. 

I don't know about Jamaicans having life lessons on everything, never heard that before about Jamaicans; a lot of traditions passed down through past generations may be the answer or maybe the amount of resiliency through a lot life's lessons and having to go through so much as a small nation. The badman thing is just a slang not sure where it originated or who started that. A lot of stuff we don't really know where they came from, we just adopted through culture, people rarely dig into the where, we just wanna know how. A lot of misconceptions about Jamaicans, though, as I've recognized from being here in the US and the questions being asked. The main one, of course is, how come I'm from Jamaica and don't smoke weed. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I don't know about Jamaicans having life lessons on everything, never heard that before about Jamaicans; a lot of traditions passed down through past generations may be the answer or maybe the amount of resiliency through a lot life's lessons and having to go through so much as a small nation. The badman thing is just a slang not sure where it originated or who started that. A lot of stuff we don't really know where they came from, we just adopted through culture, people rarely dig into the where, we just wanna know how. A lot of misconceptions about Jamaicans, though, as I've recognized from being here in the US and the questions being asked. The main one, of course is, how come I'm from Jamaica and don't smoke weed. 

Yeah my knowledge is only very limited, I sometimes watch these shorts from a YT guy named Side Quests, and there Jamaicans always seem to have some life advice for him when he talks to random strangers in the street. 

I recently got into more Jamaican music and Koffee is one of my favorite artists in this, absolutely fantastic. She talks about being blessed and grattitude, are Jamaicans more grateful than Americans you think? What are the most notable differences you found between US and Jamaica?

Edited by Butters

2 minutes ago, Butters said:

Yeah my knowledge is only very limited, I sometimes watch these shorts from a YT guy named Side Quests, and there Jamaicans always seem to have some life advice for him when he talks to random strangers in the street. 

I recently got into more Jamaican music and Koffee is one of my favorite artists in this, absolutely fantastic. 

Yeah, she's a little cutie. Love her too. Which country are you in?

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Butters, you hooked me up to this channel, never knew it existed till you mentioned it. He's got over 1mil subs too, not sure how I missed this one.

Watching it and he's really from Jamaica. He's also right about the part when he says Jamaicans just says it like it is. I get in trouble sometimes for just being what I am. I can't help it. It's in my blood. We just say it like it is. The British are the same way. Jamaica was once a British colony so I can see why.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

32 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Yeah, she's a little cutie. Love her too. Which country are you in?

Netherlands. 

I just looked on the map and it's kind of funny how Jamaica really looks like an island in the middle of nowhere, here I am so used to traveling to neighboring countries over land. 

Posted (edited)

Go Team Jamaica. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Know thyself....

This is what we're capable of on the track. Will it be USA or Jamaica this year 2024.

Know thyself....