128 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yum yum!!

Jerk Chicken is an island favorite. This is how to make it at home

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

You might like to check this out, this Senior Couple have a Youtube page, they are Jamaican but they live in Hamilton which is just an hour south of Toronto, the Lady does cooking videos, but they do prank videos as well, this one is from a couple of years ago, super funny, the reactions are priceless...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

In honor of Pizza Week.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Jamaican are everywhere. Even in Antartica. 

Know thyself....

I went to this Modelling School in Ja. I entered Miss Jamaica Fashion Model contest and out of thousands I came in the top 50 and did the final show. I didn't win but the show was fun. This was a long time ago. Now, they have expanded a lot. 

Know thyself....

Oh my. His life if filled with so many controversies even the Jamaica models couldn't catch a break. This is like 8yrs ago.

Know thyself....

10 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Lol I have seen this first video before. Once I typed into google "white people with Jamaican accents". I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

3 hours ago, Evan Gill said:

Lol I have seen this first video before. Once I typed into google "white people with Jamaican accents". I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

Yes, he sounds real. 

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

I just made a post a few days ago about the modelling school I attended in Ja, PULSE MODELLING AGENCY now known as Pulse Investments Limited. The founder was still alive then, but I woke up this morning to hear of his passing. R.I.P Mr Kingsley Cooper. You have helped a lot of young women make careers for themselves Internationally. Vogue, Milan and many other top agencies have had the honor of working with tons of Jamaican top models. 

I remember when I was a Pulse trainee and entered the Miss Jamaica Fashion Model contest and made it in the top 50 and the magazine showcasing the contest, those times I will never forget; and it was more than just modelling. Your school and agency taught us etiquette, ways of speaking, sitting and a lifestyle of grace and eloquence. We went to banquets and ceremonies where we were trained from teenagers to conduct ourselves at these prestigious events in a way where it still carries over to this day.

You will be missed by your peers and family and friends as I know you made them proud. My girlfriend from high school days, who now lives in Canada, sent me the news via Whats App this morning because she knows I used to model for them and would be saddened to hear of his passing. I was just watching a few videos on YT about Pulse a few days ago which led me to post a few, and now this. R.I.P. 

In your honor, Mr Cooper.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Jamaican top model. She did cover of vogue. She went to the same school I did. Pulse.

It's about the NECK. The neck, guys. The longer the neck the bigger the model. Especially black models. These company's look for something special. These girls might not be traditionally beautiful on the outskirts, but when you see their work, it's stunning. When they walk and take pictures. When you look closely at their features. Models aren't considered beautiful, they're considered stunning. 

Thats what company's like Vogue and Milan look for not beauty queens.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

The 1st on the list actually surprised me - Notorious B.I.G's mother. She's actually at the bottom, but still she's worth US20mil. Usain Bolt surprised me too.

Know thyself....

lmao. If you don't understand patois, you might not get it, but this shit funny asf.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

Know thyself....

Jamaica's Bob Sled Team. Great movie. The storyline in funny considering we don't have snow, but competed in the Olympics.

Know thyself....