Ramanujan

should i change my life phylosophy from george leonard to napoleon hill

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

my main life philosophy was from mastery by george leonard . i am thinking of changing my core philosophy to think and grow rich by napoleon hill

i jerked off to george leonard every day. i loved to live my life with that concept, as the pillar and engine .

but i am a loser . i did not achieve anything . my mistake was mixing it with mastery by robert green and ultimate life purpose course. i tried to find my passion . it was a mistake. i should have never tried to find my passion . i should have used all the energy i had and channel it to passing college and get a good job . i would have reached somewhere by now .

instead i put all my effort to finding my passion and purpose.

from research , think and grow rich will make you rich . bob proctor is healthy and wealthy and died as a legend at age 90. i read success stories of people who used think and grow rich to become wealthy . it would make you rich if u live and breath in that concept.

i am thinking of changing mastery by george leonard  to think and grow rich by napoleon hill. what do u all think . give your advice and enlighten me

Edited by Ramanujan

Posted (edited)

Why be so one-minded about it? You should always be considering multiple perspectives, not operating off a single perspective for 10 years.

And you should be evaluating your results at least once a year. If you are not see any results after a year of effort, then clearly you need to try something else.

What you can do is focus on making money, if that's what you need. But, frankly, I think you will find it difficult to get results in this domain as well, because I think the issue is that you're behaving in ways that don't produce results.

Try focusing on actually generating a result, in any area. That seems to be your biggest sticking point.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why be so one-minded about it? You should always be considering multiple perspectives, not operating off a single perspective for 10 years.

And you should be evaluating your results at least once a year. If you are not see any results after a year of effort, then clearly you need to try something else.

What you can do is focus on making money, if that's what you need.

but leo

to me think and grow rich and mastery by george leonard is insanely deep

both concepts are very deep

bob proctor read think and grow rich every day for 60 years and he said he is only starting to scratch the surface

for me it is not possible to live with 2 philosophies as they are very deep

i have to pick one

that is how my mind works

17 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

but i am a loser.

instead i put all my effort to finding my passion 

1. Dont say you are a loser.

2. Be careful about 'finding your passion'. Thats a trap.

Read carefully 'So good they cant ignore you'.

The author gives great practical advice on this topic.

19 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

from research , think and grow rich will make you rich . bob proctor is healthy and wealthy and died as a legend at age 90. i read success stories of people who used think and grow rich to become wealthy . it would make you rich if u live and breath in that concept.

FALSE.

Go talk to 100 random millionaires.

Maybe just 1-2 out of those 100 read Think and grow rich.

In fact most of them dindnt even read a self help book. Hard pill to swallow.

They are TAKING ACTION.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

both concepts are very deep

Yes they are.

But the real question is, why aren't you seeing results? Really think about this question until you understand.

It's time to cut the crap and get to the bottom of this.

Edited by Leo Gura

40 minutes ago, koops said:

FALSE.

They are TAKING ACTION.

So true. It doesnt matter which philosophy you subscribe to, whether George Leonard or anything else. If your philosophy doesn't result in action it's useless.

Posted (edited)

Reading books and looking to adopt its philosophy doesnt work.You dont know yourself and you look to put someone elses philosophy.You must create your own philosophy based on who you are but you dont know who you are,you are lost in circles.You reading a book must know how you gonna implement it.Lets say you reading a fitness book and they tell you lift 150kg and you will be strong it doesnt apply to your level.Using its information to your specific situation.

What you are doing is like dropping seeds on unfertile ground.Or putting fish in desert.

You must tailor that philosophy to your level and who you are to move foward but foward where? You dont know even where you are going and look for somebody else to tell you that, it will never work because only you must know you, to put it in place.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

What about contemplating your experience of things?

You might be interpreting those philosophies in a way that doesn't reflect your experience.

I would suggest taking back your mind, using it, and coming up with solutions.

Posted (edited)

I think you should address why you think it’s ok to call yourself a loser before looking outside for some philosophy to believe in.

I can tell you now, that is the issue you need to be looking at. Why do you choose to disrespect yourself and doubt your value? 

Edited by Lyubov

16 hours ago, koops said:

yes , i should have listened to him instead of finding my passion. 

16 hours ago, koops said:

FALSE.

They are TAKING ACTION.

yes

but there are a lot of people who become rich by applying think and grow rich .

bob proctor is a greate example

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes they are.

But the real question is, why aren't you seeing results? Really think about this question until you understand.

It's time to cut the crap and get to the bottom of this.

i tried to find my passion and lifes task for 10 years . i am very successful in that as i found my passion and lifes task and mission.

i never tried to get a job or get a degree as i was busy looking for finding my passion . so i cant complain . i followed the "finding your passion" ideologies and that is how i got fucked.  i am successful in that mission or task of " finding your passion or mission or lifes task" . but am a loser in job or degree as i never really tried for that

Posted (edited)

@Ramanujan What is your passion? Surely now is the time to start building whatever it is that you've determined to be your life's purpose / passion?

Why be so down about it? You'll most likely need to handle your financials by some other means while you pursue it of course.

Late 20s / Early 30s is when most find their mission. I'm in the same boat.

If you're having internal success in your alignment / vision, I wouldn't worry too much about your current lack of material success.

Edited by quantumspiral

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, quantumspiral said:

@Ramanujan What is your passion? Surely now is the time to start building whatever it is that you've determined to be your life's purpose / passion?

programming  jobs

Late 20s / Early 30s is when most find their mission. I'm in the same boat.

is it true. is it really true ???

If you're having internal success in your alignment / vision, I wouldn't worry too much about your current lack of material success.

i have internal success in alignment with vision . but financial part is troubling me . in IT field people retire by age 50 . when i get into the industry  , the people my age would have 10 years of experience . i would have to work in old age. but i heard its difficult after age  50. i will surely need to work in my old age for money . i dont know if it is possible

Edited by Ramanujan

8 hours ago, Ramanujan said:

but am a loser in job or degree as i never really tried for that

But then you're NOT a loser because you never even set that goal for yourself.

It's like if I called myself a loser for not being a doctor, even thought I never even tried it.

You have a new goal now, so go for it.

On 6/1/2024 at 7:37 PM, Leo Gura said:

But then you're NOT a loser because you never even set that goal for yourself.

It's like if I called myself a loser for not being a doctor, even thought I never even tried it.

You have a new goal now, so go for it.

yes facts

@Ramanujan First of all, don't buy into the loser-winner paradigm, it doesn't serve anyone. Those who identify as losers don't take action and waste their energy complaining, self-sabotaging and creating an unpleasant limited life for themselves while those who identify as winners have to constantly stress themselves about maintaining status and becoming workaholic, narrowing their experience and appreciation of life in the process.

Secondly, use books as guides, don't worship them like gods and do actively incorporate their lessons mindfully, but don't limit yourself to any single narrow perspective for too long. Whatever you do, go through feedback to make sure it works out. It's just concepts, you decide what makes sense and test if it does, identify diminishing returns and question everything.

Thirdly, if coding is your passion, then why aren't you excited to start your life now? You should be exhilarated to have found something you find enjoyment in, most people waste 1/3 of their lives hating their job, 10 years even if overwhelming is still better in comparison to that. Especially since you can now enjoy it. Also, don't worry about the future, Singularity will hit us 2050 at the latest and then none of us will care about any jobs anymore.

Last but not least, why do you want to be rich, can you visualize the things you would buy, cars you would drive, places you would travel, houses you would own, what is it you want to spend it on. Please tell me it's not solely to show off or prove yourself. If you can visualize all these things that money would get you and are enthusiastic about them, then you just start exercising your imagination and that will fuel you to start doing. Also, you don't have to be rich to do many of these things and oftentimes we create our own limitations when there are many opportunities. Be clear about what you want.

Also, for every millionaire that makes it, there are 10.000 that don't. It's a pyramid scheme, you better have plans on transforming reality if you're aiming that high. 

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

Think and grow rich is not even a comprehensive book to teach you about life philosophy. Even Napoleon Hill himself has many other books that talks about life.

There's just so many things to read about life. You can also read psychological, marketing and sales books. You can also do meditation. 

Edited by hyruga

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura hey leo , how did you figure out that mastery by george leonard is the greatest self improvment book . i still remember seeing your video

Edited by Ramanujan