Javfly33

Having muscle kinda of sucks when you do fasting or eat little

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ive been going to gym for 1 year, ive built some muscle but nothing crazy, maybe just a bit above average. Still, when I recently went through 4-5 days of eating no more than 1500cal and eating almost no protein at all, I felt so fucking weak.

Before when I didn´t do strength training, when I go through days or weeks of eating little, I would feel more or less fine,

But this last time really felt as it impacted my productivity and energy. Also my arms started to kinda of feel uncomfortable, not sure if because of lacking protein or because of through a whole week of not exercising.

It seems like muscle tissue really consumes energy from the body. I clearly have seen it this last time.

Having muscle tissue might have their benefits but I can clearly see that long term, it just requires too much 'fuel'.

Honestly, if I myself that I have only a bit of muscle clearly saw the disadvantages this days, people that really have muscle I can only imagine when they go through vacation or when they just can not eat their normal intake they must feel like utter shit. 

This only makes me think in the palelotical times muscle bodies couldn´t be popular. Is not adaptive at all. If you can´t eat for 3 days you won't be able to fucking move of so weak you feel because muscles take so much of the fuel that you give to the body. They are like vampires. 

Meanwhile the thin guys could go on hunting with no problem im sure....

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Because you dont eat enough in the first place, that's why you dont have gains. 

The devil is in the details.

5 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Because you dont eat enough in the first place, that's why you dont have gains. 

im not complaining about gains, im complaining that if you go a few days withouth eating enough you really feel a crash on energy which i used to not feel when i didnt go to the gym

17 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

im not complaining about gains, im complaining that if you go a few days withouth eating enough you really feel a crash on energy which i used to not feel when i didnt go to the gym

I meant you probably dont eat enough and : 

- You are chronically deficient in nutrients, particularly proteins, and you are “stuck” with systemic muscle inflammation.
So when you stop eating a lot you find yourself with this inflammation to manage which requires too much energy, and you find yourself being lethargic.

-You have lost your metabolism because of a chronic energy deficit, and you are more prone to torpor.

On 31/05/2024 at 11:31 AM, Javfly33 said:

This only makes me think in the palelotical times muscle bodies couldn´t be popular. Is not adaptive at all. If you can´t eat for 3 days you won't be able to fucking move of so weak you feel because muscles take so much of the fuel that you give to the body. They are like vampires. 

Paleolithic was not famine, they easily ate over 3000 calories a day, and food of much, much higher quality than today.

Posted (edited)

On 1/6/2024 at 11:52 AM, Schizophonia said:

I meant you probably dont eat enough and : 

- You are chronically deficient in nutrients, particularly proteins, and you are “stuck” with systemic muscle inflammation.
So when you stop eating a lot you find yourself with this inflammation to manage which requires too much energy, and you find yourself being lethargic.

-You have lost your metabolism because of a chronic energy deficit, and you are more prone to torpor.

@Schizophonia Yes, my diet is pretty deficient to be honest, is probably that.

What is torpor?

I have decided i am going to start eating more protein definetely, i am eating none almost 

Yesterday i ate 5 eggs and i felt I was woken Up from the dead Lol. Im definetely going to eat more protein based food and less simple Empty carbs

Edited by Javfly33

5 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

What is torpor?

Low energy, weak metabolism in general

You have also built more body awareness with lifting so you might also just become more aware that you are weaker. 

Also couldn't you increase the one meal you have per day? why does it have so few calories?

11 hours ago, Jannes said:

You have also built more body awareness with lifting so you might also just become more aware that you are weaker. 

Also couldn't you increase the one meal you have per day? why does it have so few calories?

I don think that is the reason.

I eat more than one meal per day of course, what happened was an exception

12 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Low energy, weak metabolism in general

Would you recommend pistachios as a good way to handle my nutrition deficit? Since it has protein and magnesium

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Would you recommend pistachios as a good way to handle my nutrition deficit? Since it has protein and magnesium

Ahah, why such expensive and mediocre food ? In addition, it seems to me that I interacted with you and told me that you were an occasional smoker. I have no problem with that but I don't see why you would suddenly be orthorexic talking about eating pistachio, unless of course it's a troll. xD

If you have difficulty finding the time or money to eat, for example, you can simply sip on a gallon of whole milk all day. And end the day with a big, full meal.

Or if you have time, for exemple :

Morning : Strong coffee with whole milk, or even better :

:P

Meal 1 : 100g of organic brown rice (because of arcenic) weighed raw, with beef heart or 6 eggs cooked in a good tablespoon of coconut oil. Punnet of cherry tomatoes.
For dessert, half a liter of orange juice (even industrial, no problem) and 50 cashew nuts.

Snack : Two bananas, a Pineapple, a Coke, bag of gummy bears...

Supper : Like at noon if you really don't have time.

If you want to save time, you can simply make sweet or savory shakes like instead of a "real" meal :
-100g oatmeal.
-100g of any nut.
-50 whey or rice/pea proteins.
- bananas, dates, apple, cinnamon etc.

I pulled these recipes out of my butt, nothing complicated.

7 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

Ahah, why such expensive and mediocre food ? In addition, it seems to me that I interacted with you and told me that you were an occasional smoker. I have no problem with that but I don't see why you would suddenly be orthorexic talking about eating pistachio, unless of course it's a troll. xD

If you have difficulty finding the time or money to eat, for example, you can simply sip on a gallon of whole milk all day. And end the day with a big, full meal.

Or if you have time, for exemple :

Morning : Strong coffee with whole milk, or even better :

:P

Meal 1 : 100g of organic brown rice (because of arcenic) weighed raw, with beef heart or 6 eggs cooked in a good tablespoon of coconut oil. Punnet of cherry tomatoes.
For dessert, half a liter of orange juice (even industrial, no problem) and 50 cashew nuts.

Snack : Two bananas, a Pineapple, a Coke, bag of gummy bears...

Supper : Like at noon if you really don't have time.

If you want to save time, you can simply make sweet or savory shakes like instead of a "real" meal :
-100g oatmeal.
-100g of any nut.
-50 whey or rice/pea proteins.
- bananas, dates, apple, cinnamon etc.

I pulled these recipes out of my butt, nothing complicated.

why you say mediocre? They are amazing, and I find a deal from Iran that are not that expensive.

There's a lot of difference between pistachios from USA and pistachios from Iran. The ones from USA are really clunky and mediocre, yes. But there are good ones.

beef heart?? Jesus 

50 nuts?? that will demolish my stomach.

and what's with the orange juice BRO?? 😹

btw, I dont smoke anymore @Schizophonia

On 31.5.2024 at 11:31 AM, Javfly33 said:

when I recently went through 4-5 days of eating no more than 1500cal and eating almost no protein at all, I felt so fucking weak.

Why do that? Just eat more food lol

On 31.5.2024 at 11:31 AM, Javfly33 said:

Having muscle tissue might have their benefits but I can clearly see that long term, it just requires too much 'fuel'.

How is it too much fuel? Are you running out of money? How much more food are you really eating?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

why you say mediocre? They are amazing, and I find a deal from Iran that are not that expensive.

There's a lot of difference between pistachios from USA and pistachios from Iran. The ones from USA are really clunky and mediocre, yes. But there are good ones.

No it's good, but it's just a random and pretty expensive fatty fruit. That's not what i would choose if i needed lots of calories and micronutrients.

beef heart?? Jesus

It is a “false offal”, the least expensive beef muscle.
If you have the money you can have steaks no problem :)

50 nuts?? that will demolish my stomach.

50g*

and what's with the orange juice BRO?? 😹

It's not expensive and nutritious, there is also some anti-oestrogenic compounds.

btw, I dont smoke anymore @Schizophonia

Well done 👀

Posted (edited)

On 31/05/2024 at 10:31 AM, Javfly33 said:

Still, when I recently went through 4-5 days of eating no more than 1500cal and eating almost no protein at all, I felt so fucking weak.

Before when I didn´t do strength training, when I go through days or weeks of eating little, I would feel more or less fine,

Could it be that before you started being more active you were more accustomed to being...say, on a lower energy side? And that increasing muscle mass increased your energy and you became more mindful of how better you're feeling which came even more apparent after you cut calories again? 

Also, I think, in general most people would feel pretty bad on such a restriction. Protein is not just for building muscle, amino acids are an essential metabolic cofactors that your body uses in most cellular processes so if you are running short, you'll feel it in your energy, mood, sleep, vigour , later on hair loss and drying skin are also common. 

On 31/05/2024 at 10:31 AM, Javfly33 said:

It seems like muscle tissue really consumes energy from the body. I clearly have seen it this last time.

It does and if we lived 12,000 years ago in northern Europe as the last remnants of the ice age dissapeared, food was extremely scarce, beign muscular would be a major disadvantage, you are right.

Nowadays having more compared to less is beneficial because it does, as you said, consume calories and most people benefit from burning  more calories since many of us tend to eat more than we need. On the top of that carrying more muscle is associated with better health overall so it might be a trade of worth making. 

Still, if it doesn't support your current lifestyle, there are other ways to train that don't lead to hypertrophy but would still result in preservation of good overall fitness, things like calisthenics, swimming (especially focusing on crawl, diving breaststroke  or butterfly) but also cross country running that includes hills and valleys (if something like that is available to you) or sprints. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus