Agrande

Thoughts on EMF And it's health implications?

11 posts in this topic

I've heard EMF is pretty bad for you and the brain. Like holding your phone close to your head. And any other wireless type device. What are your thoughts on this? Redpill me on this. im contemplating just trying to keep my phone further away from me and any other wireless devices. Or maybe I can use EMF blocking cases or something

@Agrande All things in health and wellness require you to pick your battles. You have limited time and resources. So the question really is, is the EMF minimizaton battle worth fighting? And to what degree?

There are anecdotes about people who seem to be extreme electrosensitive, or those who experience ill effects from extremely high doses. But unless you'd fall into either of those categories, basic precautions will probably suffice. Don't strap your cell phone to your head all day and you'll probably be fine.

You can invest in earthing materials (www.earthing.com) if you want to go the extra mile. But you should also know that such products and practices have limited scientific consensus at this point. You could just be throwing away your money. 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Agrande said:

I've heard EMF is pretty bad for you and the brain. Like holding your phone close to your head

Imagine if that were true. Wouldn't we have by now realised that millions of people around the world are being diagnosed with brain tumours? I've heard about these hypotheses before and the question always was "show me that its happening?" Everybody uses phone and most people spend hours with it attached to their skull or wearing cordless headphones or sitting close to a wifi router or in proximity to a major antenna. 

Think about it, if EMF, which is basically absolutely everywhere today, was so bad that it was destroying our health, the economics would have been at a brink of collapse because we would have the most dramatic shortage of work labour ever. People would be collapsing with headaches, aneurysms, tumours and what have you. Medical systems would have collapsed long time ago, hospitals across the world would be completely overwhelmed with the staff basically suffering the same things as their patients. Airline travel collapse, road travel collapse, logistics, infrastructure, agriculture...I know I'm being a bit catastrophic but this is what partially happened with Covid and if we didnt find the cure on time, it would have been much worse. 

Whenever something like that happens on a global scale (pandemic for example) it gets caught up pretty quickly and investigated. The fact that it hasn't happened with EMF indicates that it is probably not harmful at all or the harm is negligible (compared to other things humans do). 

I'm not saying EMF is completely harmless, I don't believe it is 100% harmless. There might be people who are hypersensitive to it. But maybe as @aurum said, there are bigger battles to fight in your pursuit of health. Things such as what you put in your mouth, how you sleep and the kind of people you allow into your life might be more important than trying to isolate yourself from the grid. 

Still if it troubles you too much, there are probably shielding devices you can invest in if that may give you a sense of relief and peace. Sometimes having that is worth investing a couple 1000 dollars even. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

43 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Imagine if that were true. Wouldn't we have by now realised that millions of people around the world are being diagnosed with brain tumours? I've heard about these hypotheses before and the question always was "show me that its happening?" Everybody uses phone and most people spend hours with it attached to their skull or wearing cordless headphones or sitting close to a wifi router or in proximity to a major antenna. 

Think about it, if EMF, which is basically absolutely everywhere today, was so bad that it was destroying our health, the economics would have been at a brink of collapse because we would have the most dramatic shortage of work labour ever. People would be collapsing with headaches, aneurysms, tumours and what have you. Medical systems would have collapsed long time ago, hospitals across the world would be completely overwhelmed with the staff basically suffering the same things as their patients. Airline travel collapse, road travel collapse, logistics, infrastructure, agriculture...I know I'm being a bit catastrophic but this is what partially happened with Covid and if we didnt find the cure on time, it would have been much worse. 

Whenever something like that happens on a global scale (pandemic for example) it gets caught up pretty quickly and investigated. The fact that it hasn't happened with EMF indicates that it is probably not harmful at all or the harm is negligible (compared to other things humans do). 

I'm not saying EMF is completely harmless, I don't believe it is 100% harmless. There might be people who are hypersensitive to it. But maybe as @aurum said, there are bigger battles to fight in your pursuit of health. Things such as what you put in your mouth, how you sleep and the kind of people you allow into your life might be more important than trying to isolate yourself from the grid. 

Still if it troubles you too much, there are probably shielding devices you can invest in if that may give you a sense of relief and peace. Sometimes having that is worth investing a couple 1000 dollars even. 

You can say the same thing with everything.

There are heavy metals and microplastics everywhere, and yet the situation is still manageable.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

You can say the same thing with everything.

There are heavy metals and microplastics everywhere, and yet the situation is still manageable.

For some of these things we have increasing evidence on humans so I'd say that is a strong indication that something is going on. For example it is becoming clearer and clearer that microplastics are an issue. Similarly for mercury or cadmium, we are getting more clearer on harmful doses, sources etc. I haven't seen anything interesting on EMF other than some speculative nonsense and its been years since this has been flagged as a problem. 

So its either been looked into and abandoned by academia because there is nothing there (similar to genetic testing and treating people based on genetic profile like 23andme ) or it is impossible to assess due to complexity (also a possibility) or the dosages we are all exposed to aren't significant to be problematic (I think personally it is the latest). 

Doesn't mean it is not an issue, I don't want to fall into scientism and say NO research = NO harm. But there is certainly bigger fish to fry and most people can barely get their ass to the gym twice a week and eat reasonable amount of vegetables. Getting public focus on these things rather than on harm of eating shit diet and being unfit and lazy is basically doing humanity a disservice. For example, we have, at this stage, perfect public diet guidelines yet even that message hasn't got out there and there are people out there who are actively discouraging public from following the dietary guidelines... we haven't even moved past these basics. The WHO minimum recommendations for 150 minutes of moderate physical activity is met maybe by like 30% of people (maybe less) I see that as a bigger issue. 

But yeah, if you wanna go crazy, buy an EMF shield, live in Faraday's cage, wear a tinfoil hat and have a desk outside while keeping your feet on the grass, sure go crazy. I'd encourage you to do that if you can. But just make sure you have all the other boxes checked so that it doesn't turn into a neurosis and cause more suffering than benefit.

That's all I'll say. Happy for you to disagree. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 5/30/2024 at 2:39 AM, Michael569 said:

Think about it, if EMF, which is basically absolutely everywhere today, was so bad that it was destroying our health, the economics would have been at a brink of collapse because we would have the most dramatic shortage of work labour ever. People would be collapsing with headaches, aneurysms, tumours and what have you.

detrimental effects may occur over decades. I'm talking 30-50 years.

yes, you're right, we can't "know" the safety profile until it's proven.

...and that's why it makes sense for me to stay away.

the burden of proof is on the camp arguing that it's safe. NOT the camp arguing that it's dangerous.

It's an extremely simple set of action steps for the most part:

1. phone on Airplane mode when in your pants pocket (literally just tap 1 button)
  2. swap bluetooth earbuds for wired (its cheaper and doesn't require to constantly charge)
  3. unplug your wifi at night (you don't even use it anyway)

It's Love.

Posted (edited)

@RendHeaven i think those are very valid and good things to do, and I do those already because, like you said, require no effort so why the heck not. 

But what about the fact that most of us live within 5G grid, what about your neighbors wifi and wifi in the office and trains and buses etc. I like those quick strategies but honestly that feels like a spit in an ocean compared to the magnitude of the problem. 

I don't think there is an escape from this unless you can live completely off grid.

This is what i mean trying to live without worry because you'd go crazy.

@Schizophonia I'll have to read the whole thing but pretty much the first thing that strikes me is urinary measure of neurotransmitters can't determine even remotely the levels in the brain only peripheral nervous system. That's and alpha omega difference.

Look guys I'm not opposed to protection i am just not convinced this is something we can honestly do much about and it probably isn't worth the stress besides some small things that are indeed in our control 

Edited by Michael569

@Michael569

As far as I know electromagnetic fields in the strengths we have today cause major oxidative stress in the body. 
That is what heavy metals do too. But the thing is, that there are sources everywhere and it goes through your body, because there is no bodily barrier against this.

Might give you another perspective on this topic. It's translated from German.

https://hcfricke-com.translate.goog/2018/08/20/emf-8-die-us-ntp-studie-die-it-rammazzini-studie-zu-mobilfunk-prof-olle-johansson/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

But what about the fact that most of us live within 5G grid, what about your neighbors wifi and wifi in the office and trains and buses etc. I like those quick strategies but honestly that feels like a spit in an ocean compared to the magnitude of the problem. 

I don't think there is an escape from this unless you can live completely off grid.

This is what i mean trying to live without worry because you'd go crazy.

I see. Good points.

Like you, I take responsibility for what I can control, and I allow whatever I cannot control to simply be.

Before you get jaded about the efficacy of these "quick strategies," keep in mind that EMF damage is most likely to occur in proximity to the emission source.

Hence I do not mind when my best friend wears bluetooth earbuds to the gym a couple meters away from my body, but I personally would not strap bluetooth earbuds 1cm away from my brain. 

It's Love.

There was an EMF epidemic in Hemberg, Switzerland, because of cell phone tower in local church. Dr. Ibrahim Karim solved the problem by placing his special shapes that neutralized negative effect of EMF. The science of these shapes is based on the Biogeometry - revived ancient space harmonization science (like vashthu and feng-shui).

The link to the case

He also has a lot of harmonization devices you can buy in his online shop: cell phone stickers, house harmonization cubes, pendants,

I haven't bought any of his stuff yet tho, because I don't think that EMF is the major factor in my health conditions