Recursoinominado

YouTube is already flooded with AI-generated videos and it SUCKS.

37 posts in this topic

Youtube is by far the website i use the most for years now. My favorite topic, like most of you, is self-help.

I also am constantly learning about digital marketing and how to make money online. One way is to build a channel on YouTube and with AI, you can basically turn everything into a automatic soulless machine. One tool to generate scripts and endless ideas about some topic (like Chat-GPT), another to turn text into speech and maybe another for some random images passing through.

Now, some tools can take voices like Jim Rohn's voice and use his voice to read some script generated by AI. They never admit it, in fact, people who does that usually lie about it, pretending it is a legit lecture from Jim Rohn (or any other).

Now I can't trust any lecture with his voice, I have to pay attention if it is AI-generated or not. Many people don't know the difference (in a few years will get worse).

My Youtube feed is flooded with those kinds of videos right now.

I saw the video that Leo posted on the blog about this issue and had to rant about it.

Those videos SUCK, they are robotic, soulless, and frankly disrespectful. 

I hope YouTube tags all AI-generated videos soon. 

I suggest you not rely on YouTube for self-education too much. There are other platforms that are way better than YouTube in terms of the subject matter and its quality.

2 hours ago, Nemra said:

There are other platforms that are way better than YouTube in terms of the subject matter and its quality.

Like what?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

My instagram feed is also getting flooded with AI generated videos with Alan Watts' voice talking things that he never actually spoke. And these videos are getting massive amounts of views and people seem to think it's actually Alan Watts speaking. Or maybe the comments are also AI generated 🤷‍♂️

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

12 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

My instagram feed is also getting flooded with AI generated videos with Alan Watts' voice talking things that he never actually spoke. And these videos are getting massive amounts of views and people seem to think it's actually Alan Watts speaking. Or maybe the comments are also AI generated 🤷‍♂️

Really?

Maybe paperbacks will gain more importance now. 

5 hours ago, koops said:

Really?

Maybe paperbacks will gain more importance now. 

Yeah, i predict we will resort to the old ways to balance things out...

Also, channels that are "man-made" will differentiate themselves from the ocean of AI-generated ones.

8 hours ago, Nemra said:

I suggest you not rely on YouTube for self-education too much. There are other platforms that are way better than YouTube in terms of the subject matter and its quality.

Like what?  

5 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

This is madness! 

@Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Like what?

Rumble, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Zipcast.

Posted (edited)

AI generated voices in AI generated videos with AI generated comments for AI generated viewers.

The perfect self-licking ice cream cone.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Danioover9000 said:

@Leo Gura

Rumble, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Zipcast.

Ewwww....

@Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

AI generated voices in AI generated videos with AI generated comments for AI generate viewers.

The perfect self-licking ice cream cone.

A.I generated trap.😅

@Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Ewwww....

That list was from memory. I haven't checked those other video platforms but in terms of smaller scale and quality of content they are decent. At least the A.I generated content isn't invading them yet.

@Recursoinominado

9 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Youtube is by far the website i use the most for years now. My favorite topic, like most of you, is self-help.

I also am constantly learning about digital marketing and how to make money online. One way is to build a channel on YouTube and with AI, you can basically turn everything into a automatic soulless machine. One tool to generate scripts and endless ideas about some topic (like Chat-GPT), another to turn text into speech and maybe another for some random images passing through.

Now, some tools can take voices like Jim Rohn's voice and use his voice to read some script generated by AI. They never admit it, in fact, people who does that usually lie about it, pretending it is a legit lecture from Jim Rohn (or any other).

Now I can't trust any lecture with his voice, I have to pay attention if it is AI-generated or not. Many people don't know the difference (in a few years will get worse).

I saw the video that Leo posted on the blog about this issue and had to rant about it.

They really should, and also force the React Community to pin comment the link and name of YT channel they reacting to. They should have a harder stance also against A.I content.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura

I meant platforms that are solely focused on educating oneself.

Skillshare, LinkedIn Learning, Coursera, Udemy, Domestika, Teamtreehouse, Pluralsight, Wondrium, etc. There are loads of them focused on different things. Some of them are free, and others are not.

E.g., LinkedIn Learning has an AI assistant, which helps you know what kind of courses you can start with. Also, it has a short video format (like YouTube shorts) that focuses on specific things that you won't see in the courses. It is good.

Edited by Nemra

Wait for AI spam calls 

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter .                    Restful Cube 

@Nemra

51 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Leo Gura

I meant platforms that are solely focused on educating oneself.

Skillshare, LinkedIn Learning, Coursera, Udemy, Domestika, Teamtreehouse, Pluralsight, Wondrium, etc. There are loads of them focused on different things. Some of them are free, and others are not.

E.g., LinkedIn Learning has an AI assistant, which helps you know what kind of courses you can start.

But we're talking about when A.I generation will become more toxic for most in the future, in YouTube. Never mind those other sites you listed, those who overuse social media sites like Tik Tok, Twitter, and YouTube will be in most danger of brain rot.

@Danioover9000

I know.

But YouTube was never the best place for self-education, even though it might have some channels that are way better than other platforms for education. The OP cares about learning. I just wanted to tell the OP not to rely on it too much.

If you want to learn something, it'll be better to learn from a platform that is built for it.

This event is so sick, it almost makes me want to be a lefty:

What a screw up by the French and USA. God bless Haiti.

I believe there is going to be a return to truthfulness and authenticity on these platforms in the next ten years. AI is going to get so good it will cause a lot of confusion and there will be a massive push back to this technology. Face to face interaction will increase and even the content made will be more inclusive and holistic. I’m even seeing it some now. Ive noticed there’s been a big rise in videos made by people working normal jobs and just living a typical life without the influence bullshit laid over. I think we will see more this 

17 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Looks like we got in at the right time. True wisdom will become lost because you need humans to teach truly spiritual material. It has to be emptied and understood by another real human 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube