Fountainbleu

Posting on personal Facebook profile to gather a following to make an offering?

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey folks, hope everyone is doing so well. 

As the title states, do you think posting on your personal Facebook profile to gather a following is a good idea? The intention is to gather a following and eventually, sooner than later, make an offering, i.e: coaching, sell something I believe in... 

Thing is most of my fb friends are old friends prior to awakening, and while I'm getting better at judging myself and others less, there's still some feelings of self consciousness that come up. 

I randomly get these ideas of posting a random thought or spiritual idea. I've done this in the past, but wasn't consistent about it. That's another thing, i really want to feel into this before doing it half heartily as i have at times in the past and then not stuck to something because I wasn't feeling too excited about it anymore. 

Sometimes I get 'deep' and go to the Who Am I, nothingness, non-duality area, and not even a lot of my spiritual friends would resonate with that. Or maybe they would?

Not exactly sure what i would be posting but there is some excitement. What's your opinion on this?

Thanks!

Edited by Fountainbleu

Sounds like you need to feel yourself out a little bit before commiting to anything particular. Why not experiment and see how it goes? You could decide to stick to posting regularly on Facebook for, let's say, 3 months and then evaluate how it went and if you want to continue. You could come up with a few criteria for success so you can actually measure the outcome, e.g. sharing my thoughts feels fun, I have developed a posting routine and I stick to it, I've had at least 3 meaningful discussions as a result of me posting etc. When the times up, you can decide which direction to head next. 

Another thought to consider - there's some difference if you just want to share your thoughts or intentionally grow your audience to achieve engagement. It's not highly realistic to build an engaged audience by putting out random posts. For that, in most cases you would have to apply a more strategic approach and apply a lot more effort. The question is - is this something you're up to?

On 5/29/2024 at 3:18 PM, DianaFr said:

Sounds like you need to feel yourself out a little bit before commiting to anything particular. Why not experiment and see how it goes? You could decide to stick to posting regularly on Facebook for, let's say, 3 months and then evaluate how it went and if you want to continue. You could come up with a few criteria for success so you can actually measure the outcome, e.g. sharing my thoughts feels fun, I have developed a posting routine and I stick to it, I've had at least 3 meaningful discussions as a result of me posting etc. When the times up, you can decide which direction to head next. 

Another thought to consider - there's some difference if you just want to share your thoughts or intentionally grow your audience to achieve engagement. It's not highly realistic to build an engaged audience by putting out random posts. For that, in most cases you would have to apply a more strategic approach and apply a lot more effort. The question is - is this something you're up to?

Thank you!