Majed

The impact of massive suffering on consciousness

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

in his last video leo talked about how massive suffering is beneficial. i've been through a lot of massive suffering in the last years due to my mental illnesses. and was wondering about how this massive suffering changed me. it made me realize the depth of the suffering of mankind (similar to leo). but also let's contemplate it together: the impact of massive suffering on consciousness.

also is suffering always beneficial or is it sometimes cruel and meaningless ? 

Edited by Majed

The impac is if it doesn´t crush you it moves the shit out of you. 

In the past i was close to suicide and mental insanity, psychedelics saved me out of that and from that it started a path. Now i can say nothing can break me, because reality has broken me so much i have merged with it, i have surrendered to it, now there´s no "i" and "reality", only "reality" (or only "I").

Is all crushing down process of the ego to stop existing and only God remains. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Posted (edited)

@Majed Suffering is never meaningless it's always a doorway to God it always has a message for you from God (Your Higher Self)

You don't have to go on and seek it

But whenever it comes it is always a doorway to infinity for you an opportunity to get closer to God

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

The suffering has to not be traumatic, crippling, and experienced with a degree of consciousness rather than avoidance in order for it to be beneficial.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura in my case my suffering was traumatic, crippling to the point where i was completely out of control of what was happening. 

suffering is the admission ticket for being a body

thank god i am not a body

getting tied of suffering is god's tool for quitting the silliness of believing i am a body

sit and ask

what am i

2 hours ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura in my case my suffering was traumatic, crippling to the point where i was completely out of control of what was happening. 

I understand. That can happen.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Majed In some sense the Buddha suffered to become the Buddha and he said desire is suffering and all we do is desire.

Jesus died on the cross and that is thought to be symbolic of suffering. The cross has become an icon.

The cosmos push you to the precipice. It can be the long dark night of the soul which can last for decades sometimes.

Another great thing about suffering is it brings you closer to unconditional happiness 

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

@Majed The benefit of suffering is that it teaches you what is emotionally possible, it shows you what degree of incredibly intense emotions can be contained and sustained. People can live on the verge of killing themselves every other week for years.. how creative they can be in fantasies about their death, how deeply stubborn they can be about their situation. The amount of energy they can muster up to indulge their suffering.

Imagine what's possible for you on the flip side if only you'd use that power and transmute it into something incredible..

Suffering is essentially just a qualification that's paramount to mastering your emotions. That's why people that haven't experienced much suffering in their life always inevitably fall very deeply into it at some point. It's because they never learnt how sustain their lack of it.

Posted (edited)

Me too and my brain is messed up because of it. It is a long process to change back and you need the help of God to return to normal.

I think I was so scared of dying i dissasosiated and cause many mental problems.

Edited by Hojo

I see suffering as unnecessary but unavoidable, at least in the present condition of the humanity. I'm an empath and one thing I've not been able to get through is the trauma and grief or the massive pain body of humanity. I used to think if only I do enough work, I can heal myself and find peace. Now I've realized that I can't fully heal unless I cut myself off from the world to not feel its pain. We collectively have been through indescribable pain and suffering, it still lingers all around, and what bothers me the most is that instead of learning from the past we want to recreate it, the horrific parts of it. Every time I see a picture of a child whose parents have just been bombed to death, my heart shrinks because that child, as innocent and pure as it may be, has now become a continuation of suffering generations before him has felt, and he will grow up and make his choices accordingly. That feels wrong. Transcending personal suffering is all good and well but another thing is to hold space for the collective suffering. For me, it feels like an endless ocean of pain and grief I can do nothing about, just breathe with it and experience it, and the weird thing is it so desperately wants to be experienced. There is something good that comes out of it, though. If you manage to not shut yourself down and you don't try to escape, there is a deep meaning to be found. It's like a reflection of all that is good about being a human, our virtues, our strengths, the very essence of humanity. At the end of the day, these are very simple things - connection, kindness, a stretched out hand for you to hold. I've lost a great deal of faith by seeing our will to war, but as long as I continue to feel deeply, I will know there is at least one uncorrupted part within me that may be a help to rebuild.