Buck Edwards

List some of the things that you think you're wrong about?

22 posts in this topic

I tried doing the exercise in Leo's video and 15 minutes went by and I didn't get anything I was truly wrong about. What about you?

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Nothing here.

I can't truly have a debate with someone about "being Jesus" until someone actually reach heaven. Meanwhile people can think what they think of me.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

1 minute ago, puporing said:

Nothing here.

I can't truly have a debate with someone about "being Jesus" until someone actually reach heaven. Meanwhile people can think what they think of me.

Okay. 

@Buck Edwards I tried this exercise long before the new video.

The problem with this approach to contemplation is that if you hold any belief, then you do so because you believe it is true. Therefore, you get stuck trying to find ways in which you are wrong.

A better approach is to ask yourself "what beliefs do I hold as true?" From there you question the beliefs such as "how do I know this" "what is the evidence" or what is the alternative? If you are open minded to new perspectives, then that will be much better than directly asking how am I wrong.

I have one thing I suspect I might be wrong about. This is a case of being deeply wrong.

I want to build up more independence in my life. Therefore, I don't want to rely on other people for emotional support. Instead I want to educate myself on emotional mastery and use meditation to better process my emotions.

However, a lot of sources keep telling me that humans are social animals and can't function optimally without support of others. Relationships are important even for people with autism like me. Part of me hesitates to trust other people because I have a lot of experience with betrayal from my family, thus I created lots of emotional distance from them.

I have been devaluing relationships in favor of higher intellectual ideals since I was a child. I don't see value in emotional connection because ultimately the people I love will die. The more I love people the more I suffer when they are gone forever.

Changing my attitude toward love, relationships, and intimacy will take a lot of work and change. I would have to change deeply as a person to see inherent worth in other people and my connection with them.

11 minutes ago, trenton said:

I have one thing I suspect I might be wrong about. This is a case of being deeply wrong.

I want to build up more independence in my life. Therefore, I don't want to rely on other people for emotional support. Instead I want to educate myself on emotional mastery and use meditation to better process my emotions.

However, a lot of sources keep telling me that humans are social animals and can't function optimally without support of others. Relationships are important even for people with autism like me. Part of me hesitates to trust other people because I have a lot of experience with betrayal from my family, thus I created lots of emotional distance from them.

I have been devaluing relationships in favor of higher intellectual ideals since I was a child. I don't see value in emotional connection because ultimately the people I love will die. The more I love people the more I suffer when they are gone forever.

Changing my attitude toward love, relationships, and intimacy will take a lot of work and change. I would have to change deeply as a person to see inherent worth in other people and my connection with them.

Good stuff

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@trenton I'm in a similar boat regarding biological family. Building/finding your "new family" so to speak can take lots of time and patience. I don't do as well if there's literally no one "around"... There are people out there who don't need a lot of attention and just happy to have loose connections too.

About "death" well.. if you and your loved ones are at similar levels of consciousness you'll probably end up in similar places again if that helps any (whether it's as spirit or human form or some other form). 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

20 minutes ago, trenton said:

Thats great man. Wish I was capable of that level of contemplation. 

Posted (edited)

I think I was wrong about certain political views in the past that were quite radical and I admit it took some unburdening to get out of the radicalization. 

Foolish investments and losing family savings at some point in the past. 

Edited by Buck Edwards

I think there are a ton of wrong views exist in the dating section of the forum and a lot of people would benefit if they did deeper contemplation with respect to their tragic beliefs. 

Posted (edited)

Surprisingly, this question might take your contemplations on this topic further:

If you just took a wild guess, where would you say you're most wrong?

And then just observe your intuition very carefully.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Surprisingly, this question might take your contemplations on this topic further:

And then just observe your intuition very carefully.

I think I was most wrong in relationships and not valuing time enough when it mattered most, it still matters. That's where my intuition leads. 

Edited by Buck Edwards

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura I think a good question (along the same line) can also be - 

Where and how can I potentially go wrong in the future depending on my past tendencies?

Another question to ask is - what could I have changed in the situations where I was wrong and what would have been the right thing to do? 

Edited by Buck Edwards

Wrong about the fact that I cannot be wrong (I can)
Wrong about the value of humility, compassion, and love (autistically dismissed those as 'girly')
Wrong about sustainability of psychedelic mystical states ('chasing the dragon' higher and higher, while blind to the divinity of mundane reality)
Wrong about books and similar resources (thought I don't need those, that my own insights and Leo's videos are enough. Now I'm consistently blown away by the kind of wisdom and beauty I'm finding in multi-century old texts, from a wide variety of traditions)

I'm also considering that I may be wrong about romantic relationships and general interactions with people, but not quite sure about that one yet, it's in the works. 

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

I was wrong about my hippie spiritual fantasies in my early 20s (8/10 embarrassing).

I was wrong about joining that scam course that promised a lucrative career as a coach (business in a box "course"), which ultimately cost me 1000s and a couple of years in my early 20s (9/10 embarrassing).

I was wrong about not prioritizing friendship and extracurricular activities and spending too much time gaming (7/10 embarrassing).

I was wrong about wasting my 20s and not truly living life.

Posted (edited)

I was wrong about how I would spend my time, taking my blessing for granted, thinking life would just take care of me with me doing nothing. I didn’t really have an appreciation for there needing to be appropriate action to take place to keep life moving in a healthy and balanced way. 

I was wrong for trying to heal my ex and trying to be her therapist and pushing my spirituality and teachings on her, very wrong for this 

I was wrong for thinking there is a hierarchy of development. Everyone from the homeless guy on the street to some billionaire has something to offer that I can learn from and appreciate. Each integral for the whole. 

I was wrong for thinking I could get out of being responsible in life, it’s literally impossible. I am responsible for my whole life, and with this comes with being the creator of it as well. 

I was wrong for ever doubting myself and my true intrinsic value, always here no matter what happens in my life or what mistakes I make. Always whole and valuable. Spirit. This is where I’ve been most wrong in life. doubting myself and aligning with some lie like I’m not good enough or unlovable. 

Edited by Lyubov

Posted (edited)

Any time I am not happy with something I could be wrong.

Unhappy with my job? I picked the wrong one. Or have the wrong attitude towards it. 

Unhappy with my partner? I picked the wrong one or interacting with them wrong. 

Unhappy with my friend situation? I am wrong about my socializing skills. 

Edited by enchanted

On 2024-05-28 at 6:22 AM, puporing said:

What would you do if the whole world accepted you as Jesus? 

You cannot love what you need.

On 28/05/2024 at 6:25 AM, Leo Gura said:

I really do not know.

The devil is in the details.

This exercise is hilarious because I can easily see what everyone else is wrong about all the time yet I can’t see what I am wrong about.

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?