Leo Gura

You Are All Wrong! - Happy Memorial Day

51 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

;)

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

OMG!!!!! Can't tell you how happy I am for your videos Leo, much gratitude.

The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind."--Albert Camus

Edited by MsNobody

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Leo drops, my whole day stops 💟

Going to enjoy my hurting ego as I listen this week, thank you! ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

If I'm wrong about being wrong, am I right?

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

Sneaky bastard

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter .                    Restful Cube 

Oh no, i havent finished the last one yet 😢🐢

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ZhenZhenZhen said:

Oh no, i havent finished the last one yet 😢🐢

Just today, I finished my contemplations! I knew there were still a few more insights left and an hour ago, I exhausted them. It's interesting to see that insights are like a cow, you can milk and milk but then you gotta give them a rest because no matter the effort nothing will come out. So after being satisfied with my work, I logged into YouTube and almost fell off my chair when I saw a new video... On Monday! This is getting too wild Leo

What's gonna be next? A video on Thursday!??

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

So excited. 

I'm all positive vibes + kundalini energy 

:x

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Posted (edited)

It's Christmas before time.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Thank you for the video, Leo. It's hard to admit I am wrong if my survival depends on it. It seems surviving Just tends to be wrong. ;)

"I am never wrong, Leo, only you are wrong. All of you are wrong, I am always right."

Posted (edited)

I've been wrong a lot of times. So much in fact xD I changed my relationship to this perception. We learn through mistakes. We internalize being wrong as something that is bad as a child. Usually through criticism we received and then beliefs we formed about ourselves. It's ok to be wrong guys. Admitting I'm wrong has lead to so much growth. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Leo Gura What a bitter-sweet episode!

I quickly grasped the principle, but it took me longer to get the momentum going. There's a subtle mental barrier to contemplating "I am wrong." It was interesting to observe when I finally broke through it.

I would have added something about rationality, because when discussing with other people I usually see how they prefer to be right than to be the truthful. You can actually see this in many discussions and whether their value is for truth or for being right. So that distinction and a connection with Truth I think would have added value to the viewer. I also liked you mentioned the nature of religion, I've been studying and practicing comparative religion for some time and I always felt you could have a proper video clarifying the essence of religion, its ramifications, evolution and corruptions; so I was delighted to see you talking about Religion. I'm also interested to hear your opinions on the thorny topic of terrorism, it sounded very interesting and I'm sure I'll learn a new perspective I have never heard about.

You also mentioned you were thinking how to facilitate people getting their own answers rather than giving them all the answers. I wanted to encourage you to keep contemplating on that. Some ideas came up: open ended questions at the end like in the last video (what is the ultimate trap in life?) or some kind of thought provoking question you leave in the air. Also you could use the pause to give us homework and when you comeback we discuss the results or something among the lines. I have to say an add popped up in the break, if it was you who put it in that spot I have to say it was sublime, congrats for that because it took me unguarded. You could also make questions and put a 30 second timer to contemplate, with just the question and maybe some music in the background, the logo or something like that; I'm just brainstorming to give you another perspective.

Regarding the audience and how to model it, I felt the struggle! It's definetely a challenge and I see how you need some kind of assumptions about who will listen to you when talking. I came up with the following: What about designing some kind of model? Maybe a three personality types of viewers. In the same way you divided the forum, the Self-Actualizer, the Spiritual, the Psychonaut... something among these lines, identify the most prevalent archetypes among your viewers and kind of address ones or the others when talking. Do your own model, this was just a sloppy attempt to illustrate my point. About my core values, to set the record straight, I care about Intelligence, maturity, Truth, Consciousness, Love, God and Infinity, so guide me towards that. If you have to choose between saying something that breaks our friendship but would make me substantially more Conscious, hope it's a no brainer for you. Having said that, your recognition about the audience and your emotive talk also got me emotional. I know there's a lot of potential among us and you really have a great opportunity here, think of it this way, you have the chance to influence the most conscious and developed individuals on earth. This should get you so excited you can't stay sitting in your chair. This is not an exaggeration, your work will produce a ripple effect in all of humanity that you are not aware of, not directly because of you, but because of us. I'm sure you will ace this opportunity; you have lots of jewels around here!

In addition, please talk more on how to bridge the existential and the human, because as you might guess by this point, this is something I've struggled with since I was first self-aware.

I'm sure this year has been very difficult for you in ways I cannot understand. I know it may sound shallow and juvenile but hope your health gets better man. As I was listening to you, it felt like a legit midlife crisis, very similar to what Jung described as that moment in the life of man that splits it into two halves.

I'll quote some sentences from the video which I found brilliant to end this post

So you gotta lean into your cringe, lean into your embarrassment

and just like...

that's the process here really

30:55

The way his mind works is:

There is either this

or that

It's very binary

Without appreciating; you can be wrong in subtle ways

the wrongness can be wrapped up with rightness in such a messy way

34:08

Wrong in what you think your true motives were for doing a thing

That's a big one, that's a subtle one, right?

You can fool yourself about what your true motives are for doing things 

You can tell yourself you're doing it for some sort of selfless motive

when actually there is a hidden selfish motive behind it

36:50

Make sure you balance out admitting you were wrong

with also acknowledging the things you were right about

2:49:16

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

A true pleasure

The road to God is paved with bliss.

If you're wrong about being wrong, you're doing a great job.

funny how i was practicing speed reading using the book "the subtle art of not giving a fuck" by Mark Manson and read the chapter "You're wrong about everything" the day before this vid dropped;).

"Growth is an endlessly iterative process. When we learn something new, we don’t go from “wrong” to “right.” Rather, we go from wrong to slightly less wrong. And when we learn something additional, we go from slightly less wrong to slightly less wrong than that, and then to even less wrong than that, and so on. We are always in the process of approaching truth and perfection without actually ever reaching truth or perfection. We shouldn’t seek to find the ultimate “right” answer for ourselves, but rather, we should seek to chip away at the ways that we’re wrong today so that we can be a little less wrong tomorrow. When viewed from this perspective, personal growth can actually be quite scientific. Our values are our hypotheses: this behavior is good and important; that other behavior is not. Our actions are the experiments; the resulting emotions and thought patterns are our data. There is no correct dogma or perfect ideology. There is only what your experience has shown you to be right for you—and even then, that experience is probably somewhat wrong too. And because you and I and everybody else all have differing needs and personal histories and life circumstances, we will all inevitably come to differing “correct” answers about what our lives mean and how they should be lived. My correct answer involves traveling alone for years on end, living in obscure places, and laughing at my own farts. Or at least that was the correct answer up until recently. That answer will change and evolve, because I change and evolve; and as I grow older and more experienced, I chip away at how wrong I am, becoming less and less wrong every day."