Buck Edwards

Peter Ralston interview by Leo Gura.

378 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not knowing bursts into Infinity.   Infinity then not-knows.  Such is the cycle of God.  The human body is but a vessel of expression. A finite expression of God.   But God can express in so many ways - infinite ways.  It could be a dumb blind bat or a somewhat smart monkey.   But it chose a human so that it could fully express itself and also reunite  But we are dumb to the highly advanced extraterrestrial.  We are mere breadcrumbs in its daily diet..our intelligence and wisdom are no different than an ant would be different from a human.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Love Peter's work, i had to read his "book of not knowing " twice just to begin to comprehend some of what he said but  very worth it!

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Somewhere deep in the woods there dwells a wolf - eyes, a cold, ice blue.   He dreams only to devour alien beings.   For only aliens can be his prey.   This is my spirit animal.  And one day the Buddha stumbles foolishly into the wolf's den - but the wolf only stares sharply at him, curiously, and snarls.

I've awoken to being a cartoon wolf, so...

Cartoon Wolf Consciousness, bitches.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Now we're cooking.

On 4.6.2024 at 6:53 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Osaid You are engaging in reductionism.

You CAN do that. But then that's all your world will contain. You are choosing to relate to Consciousness that way. Consciousness does not have to limited to your reductions. You create a self-reinforcing reductionist dream, so then that becomes your reality. But that is not my reality because I think bigger than you.

Did I misunderstood you or do you have a new view on reality? Back then you promoted that that what you perceive in front of you, this solipsistic bubble of sensation is all there is. At all. There exists nothing behind it. That's the whole universe. So if you look at a white wall and perceive only that with your sensations thats all that exist in the whole universe. Just this white wall.nothing else. Not only for you but for everything. So I and everyone here cheases to exists from our reality, the sun, the moon, trump. All non existent.because Leo watched the white wall. He took the whole universe with him.

1 hour ago, OBEler said:

Did I misunderstood you or do you have a new view on reality? Back then you promoted that that what you perceive in front of you, this solipsistic bubble of sensation is all there is. At all. There exists nothing behind it. That's the whole universe. So if you look at a white wall and perceive only that with your sensations thats all that exist in the whole universe. Just this white wall.nothing else. Not only for you but for everything. So I and everyone here cheases to exists from our reality, the sun, the moon, trump. All non existent.because Leo watched the white wall. He took the whole universe with him.

There is a lot of truth in that.

But maybe not the whole truth.

My view is always evolving.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 6/5/2024 at 0:03 PM, Leo Gura said:

I've awoken to being a cartoon wolf, so...

Haha 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, OBEler said:

If imagination literally is reality..then it's both true and also not.   You see.   So yes it must be realized at the Absolute level to awaken but then you realize all things are Absolute.   So it ultimately depends on perspective.  His best video was probably "is reality absolutely perspectival" or something like that....

"Reality is ultimately whatever the hell you want it to be - not figuratively but literally"  -- the drunken sage

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a lot of truth in that.

But maybe not the whole truth.

My view is always evolving.

Don't turn into a materialist on us.  I'll eat you with the cartoon wolf.   It's either imaginary or its not.  Now what you can do with that- that's endless.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

On 6/2/2024 at 5:56 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Water by the River You do not understand what Consciousness or God is. You have a bunch of human spiritual constructions running you.

In this respect you are very arrogant, even though you love to play humble and wise.

You are playing games on this forum around this whole topic.

Whatever enlightenment you think you have, it is not a profound understanding of God. What you have is a gross reduction. And you infect others with these ideas.

God dreams entire worlds, and you have no understanding of how this is accomplished. And because of that you invent your reductions. This makes your life much easier because you don't actually take on the enormous burden of comprehending God.

Enlightenment is a human dream. When you realize that, then you can begin understanding God.

He's the real deal.  He does understand Consciousness   He's not arrogant at all - you are seeing what you want to see.  Perhaps it's your disdain for Buddhism. You should lose that, by the way.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, LifeIsObviouslyALie said:

@Inliytened1 I wish I could thumbs up your commentary!

Posted (edited)

Distinguishing between authentic teachers vs charlatans is useful:

• Are they profoundly conscious? Coming from a real experience?
  • What and why are they communicating?
  • Do they intend to facilitate or to entertain?

This should leave out many individuals.

Ramana and Ralston seem to know what they're talking about; as for the rest of us, I'm not so sure.

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao It all depends on where you're at. In this regard, Mastering the core teachings of the Buddha by Daniel Ingram, makes many great points on teachers, it really opened my mind. It explains the issue with a cone like structure. Some teachers are good for newbies, some for intermediate, others for advanced. Some teachers are advanced but can't connect with the concerns of the newbies or intermediates, and the intermediate teachers may not have the tools to teach the more advanced stuff. An advanced master that is able to teach to the whole cone of seekers is extremely rare. Were you are inside the cone also influences your judgment regarding this whole process. Many teachers that I considered great have fallen out of grace because I have outawoken them, they were instrumental at that point of my path so while they are authentic, they are not helpful anymore. Some titans still hold obviously, till they don't anymore, this is the nature of the path. Hopefully this little model from the book (I recommend to read the full chapter) may give you clarity into the topic of teachers and teaching, in many contexts as well as for enlightenment work.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

@Davino 

Why take their word for it if you don't know whether it is authentic or not? For example, advanced according to what? What criterion is used? What are they even talking about? A process comprised of stages? It is likely coming from something that was adopted artificially from an external source, perhaps by the author himself, too.

I'd be wary of potential unjustified arrogance that stems from making conclusions about "surpassing" teachers, especially when psychedelics are involved. They may not have been as deeply authentic or genuine as originally thought. Additionally, there's the trap of not listening to the teacher, which is common without realizing it.

We can count on Ramana. ;) 

Edited by UnbornTao

I still want to see evidence that he actually won a world tournament. I still think it's a lot of bullshido.

Glory to Israel

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

And if your source isn't authentic, why take their word for it?

That could happen but it's rare in the sense that someone will be doing its work to actually deceive you. Writing false books about enlightenment and false techniques and so on. What usually happens is that they are deceiving themselves and they are authentic in their self deception and imaginary worldview.

Advanced according to what? What criteria is used?

That's the whole dilemma for the newbie and up to some extent for the intermediate.

I'd check potential arrogance, making conclusions about having "surpassed" other teachers, especially when psychedelics are involved.

Those can be red flags.

Or they can be the truth, if it's actually the case.

How would you know?

This point on arrogance for me is childish honestly, don't know why such a fixation on it. Most teachers are arrogant to begin with, the position of being a teacher in itself is an arrogance, do you see that?

We can count on Ramana. ;) 

You can't even count on yourself, let alone Ramana

Self deception is huge, till this realization doesn't sink in to the full depth of: I trick myself

You haven't even began. The self-Initiation

That's why trusting whole schools or religions is foolish and giving away your authority. You should learn, contemplate and practice many different perspectives, but if you are gonna be mistaken in this judgment, it's always better to be on the side of they don't know shit and I don't know shit either than to trust other people or yourself. Basic epistemology at game.

In the end I am my ultimate Teacher. That's what good teachers actually teach, they awaken your own inner guru, inner consciousness, My own Godhood. Mind is Awake is Understanding

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

37 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I still want to see evidence that he actually won a world tournament. I still think it's a lot of bullshido.

After a 5min search in google this is what I found. Check it yourself lazy ass

https://chenghsin.com/peter-ralston-1978-world-tournament-pictures/

43 minutes ago, Davino said:

After a 5min search in google this is what I found. Check it yourself lazy ass

https://chenghsin.com/peter-ralston-1978-world-tournament-pictures/

Well that's at least something, I change my mind then.

But the stuff he shows still looks like Bullshido, and no clue if that was a proper world tournament, or what even was the relevancy of it.

Glory to Israel