Buck Edwards

Peter Ralston interview by Leo Gura.

378 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, bambi said:

I think there is a communication issue. Have you seen the following map from David Hawkins (I know I keep peddling it), but specifically the left hand colunm,  I am trying to reconcile everyones perspectives using his work. He say 1000 is the highest you can embody on the human plane, but he say it goes upto infinity, this kind of corroborates what you say

a4dda1_882ac34fc5e7446c8583415a48b5f58c~

Sure.

One can be an enlightened human, or an unenlightened human.

Then,one can be an enlightened human part-time Alien, or an unenlightened part-time Alien.

And maybe an enlightened fulltime Alien next life. Or an unenlightened fulltime Alien Alien next life.

Maybe "one" can even become a planet/world-soul? There are Sutras talking about Buddha-beings containing whole realms/universes/"Buddha-fields" within them. Up to Infinity.

Guess it never gets boring ^_^

And what does that all have in common? It is appearance. Manifestation. An Infinity of Manifestation and form. Consciousness OF put-in-the-blank. Juicy stuff. Fascinating. In in certain ways, a trap. A dream-trap. 

And still not "the" Infinite Absolute.

Tell me again, "in front" of what is actually this whole show of Infinity rolling by? Never touching it in any way, always staying "within" it, since there is nothing outside of IT? Who created the whole dream within Ones Being, just to have fun and get hypnotized again?

When all of that ends, what is still there? When all temporary appearance and illusion and manifestation "sinks" back again into Infinite Being? What is this Alpha and Omega? All worlds and manifestations of God never add a single Iota to THAT. Nor remove anything from THAT. 

And then let us talk about God. Or not. Because who is there to talk to? Of what is there to talk to, besides fascinating modulations of ones own True Infinite nondual Being? 

And after all this fascination with the manifestations of ones own True Infinite Being has passed, one can sit happily and watch the rain drops falling in the River. 

Selling falling raindrops by the River

@Water by the River yes I get you. We are talking about Enlightenment being the Absolute perspective of all possible Universes, all possible Creation

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, Davino said:

You will say: OH MY FUCKING GOD

You will get used it. Or rather that Infinite Being in which the you used to appear.

Do you wake up in the morning and watch your own feet and go "OH MY FUCKING GOD"?

22 minutes ago, Davino said:

But Infinite Being is not all God is

Is anything outside Infinite Being now?

Little bit off topic, but :):

How does a mathematician catch a flock of sheep?

The mathematician builds a small fence around himself, then defines himself to be outside the fence.

Edited by Water by the River

7 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Do you wake up in the morning and watch your own feet and go "OH MY FUCKING GOD"?

🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Sometimes;)

Sometimes I look inside you and say: OH MY BELOVED GOD

What is preventing you from doing a 10 day long 5meo retreat?

You will see God

Please do it and prove me wrong

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Davino said:

Sometimes;)

Sometimes I look inside you and say: OH MY BELOVED GOD

What is preventing you from doing a 10 day long 5meo retreat?

You will see God

Please do it and prove me wrong

There are several Enlightened people who 5meo and all psychedelics stopped working entirely. And they had all the God-realisaiton stages too, so Id remain open minded that all of conciousness in its entirety is suspended in a larger context/perspective, and this is Enlightenment, and once you get there all pscyhedelics will stop having any effect. Your being very evengelic with psychedelics being the ultimate perspectiv 

Also just map all this to states of samadhi/meditation, there is The Mind Base of Infinite Conciounsess as the 6th Stage, this is suspended in a higher stage of Base of Nothingness, that is suspended in The Base of Neither-perception-nor-non-perception, and finally Nibbana/Void.

It seems to me all pscyhedelic experiences are in the Mind base of Infinite Conciousness, which is 2 stops away from the highest energy fields and perspectives

Edited by bambi

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, bambi said:

I think there is a communication issue. Have you seen the following map from David Hawkins (I know I keep peddling it), but specifically the left hand colunm,  I am trying to reconcile everyones perspectives using his work. He say 1000 is the highest you can embody on the human plane, but he say it goes upto infinity, this kind of corroborates what you say

a4dda1_882ac34fc5e7446c8583415a48b5f58c~

None of these models properly account for Consciousness.

Consciousness is not mappable with any linear model.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Where is the mistakes/how would you improve them. 

Your constantly creating and suggesting your own models even if your doing it informally...  I dont see the mistakes in these models even in relation to what you speak.

10 minutes ago, bambi said:

Your constantly creating and suggesting your own models even if your doing it informally...  I dont see the mistakes in these models even in relation to what you speak.

You can't really improve them. The whole approach is wrong.

I create models about relative things in the material world. I don't create models for Consciousness itself.

@Water by the River That makes sense. It’s kinda like how Ralston mastered martial arts after awakening. He became the ocean then focused on that wave. 

Thanks for checking out my video. Appreciate it 🙏❤️

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

God dreams entire worlds, and you have no understanding of how this is accomplished.

A reflection on this. reality can only be infinite. Understanding how what we call God is dreaming this concrete reality is a possibility within infinite possibilities. It is a real understanding of one of infinite possibilities. "Understanding" in the sense of deciphering how and why it is finite, is the understanding of a possibility.

There is only something absolute, let's say the essence of reality, its substance. This substance has no form or limit, it could say that it's absolute depth, absence of limits or infinity. therefore it cannot be understood with the mind, you can only open yourself to it and be it, then it is clear how irrelevant the understanding of anything else is. not useless but not essential.

Enlightenment is not imaginary because it is not something you "know", it is the opening you make to your infinite nature, allowing that limitless nature to shine through you without the obstacle of structure. How can it be imaginary if it is out of form? It is not "something", it is the lack of limits

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Consciousness is not mappable with any linear model.

13 minutes ago, bambi said:

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You can't really improve them. The whole approach is wrong.

I create models about relative things in the material world. I don't create models for Consciousness itself.

On 31.5.2024 at 1:17 AM, Leo Gura said:

"Have" is just a figure of speech. You are consciousness.  And consciousness has degrees.

If I was a kangaroo, yeah, I would not have a desire for higher consciousness.

What's sad is that most humans don't utilize that desire even though they are one of the few animals on this planet capable of such desire.

Isn't it obvious to you that the only reason humans were able to build a civilzation, while none of the other animals did, was because we have higher consciousness than them?

Humans are more intelligent because we are more conscious. A donkey does not have enough consciousness to build a rocket ship.

I can't believe I have to explain this to so-called enlightened people.

You actually believe that aliens are not any more conscious than humans. You're not being serious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model

No models?

No models!

Not linear!

But degrees?

O.o

^_^

Argument?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument

Proclamation!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proclamation

Oh well.

I know, I am too stupid.

Selling Water by the River

Posted (edited)

I've studied Dr Hawkins, I like his methodology, he's for sure on the right track and has a high level of Awareness and Consciousness, his chart is a good way to explain consciousness levels, but of course it is not Consciousness/Essence of Reality itself, like I have always been saying around here, We Are Only Talking "Around" the Issues or concerns of Spirituality, not about it Directly, we cannot talk about it using Logic, since communication is based off of Logic. and Reality/Consciousness/Essence is not Logical by any means, so these sort of things, or teachings are just simple guides for us to understand, since we are so identified with our intellects and ideologies we need basic things to understand, get curious about it, then go into it via deeper methods and sciences...

Sooner or later it comes down to You, what You are experiencing within Yourself and the quality of it!

As for Ralston, I soon as I saw the video of him challenging Sugar Ray I said he doesn't know what he is talking about in that regard, lol, yes he has some great insights and some will find his communication style fascinating but its not for me anyways...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

I know, I am too stupid.

No you don't.

Saying that Consciousness has degrees is not a model. And the fact that you cannot understand this means all your enlightenment talk is garbage.

I've been so conscious that if I was any more conscious I would be dead. You have no idea what you are talking about.

When I say Alien Consciousness you have zero idea what that is. No one here does.

Edited by Leo Gura

27 minutes ago, bambi said:

Didnt i Told you yesterday?

Putting consciousness inside a pyramid like the food pyramid is just not realistic. 

52 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No you don't.

Saying that Consciousness has degrees is not a model. And the fact that you cannot understand this means all your enlightenment talk is garbage.

Actually it is a type of psuedo or informal model. You are doing a very small representative description of an aspect of conciousness by making the claim it has degrees, you make further claims about it too. Im not sure why you wouldnt inhernetly understand this?  

"The statement "Consciousness has degrees" inherently implies an informal model, as it introduces a way to conceptualize consciousness in terms of varying levels or intensities. By asserting that consciousness has degrees, the speaker is making an abstraction of consciousness that categorizes it into different states or levels, which is a fundamental characteristic of modeling."

9 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Didnt i Told you yesterday?

Putting consciousness inside a pyramid like the food pyramid is just not realistic. 

No, you either remain silent about conciousness and spirituality, or you develop formal or informal models for communicative and illustrative purposes. You just aren't acknowledging this for some reason

1 minute ago, bambi said:

Actually it is a type of psuedo or informal model. You are doing a very small representative description of an aspect of conciousness by making the claim it has degrees, you make further claims about it too. Im not sure why you wouldnt inhernetly understand this?  

"The statement "Consciousness has degrees" inherently implies an informal model, as it introduces a way to conceptualize consciousness in terms of varying levels or intensities. By asserting that consciousness has degrees, the speaker is making an abstraction of consciousness that categorizes it into different states or levels, which is a fundamental characteristic of modeling."

Leo like most all Spiritual Teachers (not true Guru's) all have models and levels to it, he like all of them is identified with his way and experience, nothing really wrong with it, it relates to a certain sort of person, and it gets them on the path and doing something about instead of staying in survival mode and living below their potential and possibility, so when one identifies with something, they are blind to other ways to see it and talk about it and so forth, this is a huge problem in politics and societal problems as we can see, we can't fix our problems in the world today because the "other" cannot see it as a whole, only as they want to see it and do it, the "other" way is no good and doesn't work, lol...,.Such a huge issue and stupid one too...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru