Buck Edwards

Peter Ralston interview by Leo Gura.

378 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well others may have genetics for enlightenment but you have a genius intelligence when it comes to articulating these ideas

That is a strength mine, but at the great cost of overburdening my mind. It's no wonder nondualists don't take my approach. Much simpler to just meditate.

Ralston is not great at communicating to normies and newbies because of the freak he is. He doesn't resonate with how normal people think, because he's never thought like them.

@Leo Gura you seem to idolize him and give him way more credit than he's due. 

I don't idealize him at all. I have been critical of him. But you are not giving him enough credit.

There are plenty of us genetic freaks out there it doesn't make him some special human.

There are some. But not all freaks are equally freaky.

He is indeed a special kind of freak. Freakier than most. Freakiness comes both in degrees and in kinds.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't idealize him at all. I have been critical of him. But you are not giving him enough credit.

Mayhap I should give him more but only in how he was instrumental in guiding you to where you were able to properly articulate these ideas.  I got through two at most chapters of his book as I followed your videos and that was all I needed.  Your videos.  His book was just the icing on the cake.  But now I bet if I sat down with him for two minutes I would probably walk out.   I value the ability to connect far more than anything else.  Cloud nine freakiness is something he can keep.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Water by the River you astound me.  do you consider yourself enlightened? 

Ah, you know, enlightened enough ^_^ As I have already told you. I flinch a bit from calling me Inliytened2 ^_^, but yeah, "I" know what I am talking about.

What are your thoughts on solipsism and idealism? 

Solipsm: Useless when talking with separate-self-well-and-alive beings, because they always tend to project their Identity on it and blow it up to nondual Unity-states with the Infinite Field of Being (often with the help of some, um, less-than-legal substances). The Godrealized-Ego.

But yes, there is only one. One-ness. If Solipsism is not just a concept projected by an ego, but a truly realized Way of Being, truly realized that "the" same impersonal Awareness looks through each set of eyes... perfectly fine with me. And also Absolutely... True!

As long as there is an "other", Infinite Being has not been realized, and Solipsism becomes just another conceptual booster for the separate-self to hijack & suffer. The magic word is impersonal. Not only personal, but truly empty and impersonal infinite Awareness/Being.

And here a Koan for you: Who are YOU really? "I" know "you" know it. 

Idealism: Empty appearances hovering in "the" groundless Infinite of True Being. So idealism is obviously more truthful than materialistic views. Appearances = "Consciousness stuff", or Suchness. Has become totally obvious and always "verifiable" after a long time of practice cultivating awakened nondual states.

Oneness? Ever found anything&any"one" that possibly could be outside eternal&infinite&groundless YOU? So yes, its talking to myself... But what else is there to do?

YOUR thoughts- I want to hear it from you.

All my thoughts. What I have written in the last post, to my knowledge, you can copy & paste from nowhere. That is why I do the Muppet-Show-Selling gig, because if someone else would have already written all of that in the way I like it, I could have saved myself the trouble and instead go do something else, along the lines of my lovely hobbies. 

But yes there is plenty else to talk about @Water by the River!! Expand your horizons immediately! 😀

On your command, my dear dream-brother xD:

Hach...

I truly love Aliens&fairies& Angels and demons! Fascinating stuff. Imagine what kind of adventures "we" will have, this life and the Infinity of lifes yet to come :)

Ok, I have no doubts that some will still put me in the corner of the closed-down-minded Buddhist r******reductionists (sorry, have yet to adopt on the new very courteous customs at this lovely place here, got a bit of a hang-over), and I admit its my job to make that pidgeon-holing at least a bit more challening... Let me know how I am doing! ^_^ 

It is just that I prefer to have the peace & stability of resting in Infinite True Being in my nice little comfy valley after having come down from the summit. And not to be disturbed by any grasping for the alien.  Or for any other "wave-surfing-easing-the-pain-that-a-still-contracted-self-contraction" causes.

That is why I chop-chop any such grasping in my mindstream as soon as it feels like coming from a lack, or from grasping/suffering/self-contraction. Because if the fascination comes from the self-contraction, it is just a new game to keep the self-contraction spinning-suffering-reliefing itself in experiences/understandings and so on. Exploration for enjoyment yes, for grasping no.

The True Being of yours truly has infinite time to explore infinite realms. Luckily, that has become self-evident by just "reaching-into-it" and realizing its eternity, or always-here-nature again. I can hold eternity within the palm of my hand. You know what I mean. Can't disappear. So why be in a hurry and not relax the self-contraction and enjoy the show the shows itself here on this lovely planet?

But each being has to burn its "exploring-the-Multiverse-grasping-Karma" on its own speed. I just sometimes tell little tales about which kind of choice on the path to the Infinite has been benefical for me. Up the mountain to the highest Summit if Infinity Absolute Reality, or up to the secondary-summits with the Aliens sitting on top of it.

Of course, I don't expect too much immediate success doing it, but it still needs to be done.

"At least we can say that we tried" by the River

^_^

Posted (edited)

But now I bet if I sat down with him for two minutes I would probably walk out.

That would be the mistake I was pointing to.

But Ralston's style is not for everyone. He's in his own niche.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That would be the mistake I was pointing to.

But Ralston's style is not for everyone. He's in his own niche.

Gotcha..just comes off as arrogant. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

@Water by the River great stuff! Haha..don't take my name too literally I made it up 6 years ago 😀

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

22 hours ago, bambi said:

Can you give me some examples of the genuis, or things he has said/excerpts that caused this? 

I know we all resonate in different ways, Im just genuinely curious as I watched some of his videos and dont see anything special, so maybe Im missing something

Reading a few pages of his books immediately showed me that there was something special. I suggest you give them a try, the videos are too short to provide the structure for certain complex concepts.

Posted (edited)

On 5/30/2024 at 1:50 PM, Leo Gura said:

I have not read Art of Mastery. It's probably his easiest book. Or you just overlooked the nuance.

Just for feedback, it's by far  the hardest and densest book I've ever read. Just to conceptually grasp what he's said in the first half (100 pages) took me 15-20 hours (that's about 10x the time it takes to just read 100 pages). But I was super careful in not letting a single phrase slide with being misinterpreted or missed entirely. And this doesn't yet include practice.

So far it's also been the best  book I've ever read, but I haven't read that many books. But if you're in the pursuit of learning something... holy shit

Edited by The Renaissance Man

1 hour ago, The Renaissance Man said:

Just for feedback, it's by far  the hardest and densest book I've ever read. Just to conceptually grasp what he's said in the first half (100 pages) took me 15-20 hours (that's about 10x the time it takes to just read 100 pages). But I was super careful in not letting a single phrase slide with being misinterpreted or missed entirely. And this doesn't yet include practice.

So far it's also been the best  book I've ever read, but I haven't read that many books. But if you're in the pursuit of learning something... holy shit

That book is a straight up banger also. I've been squeezing it for months & juice is still coming out of it.

Sailing on the ceiling 

@UnbornTao

On 5/30/2024 at 7:33 PM, UnbornTao said:

Wilber strikes me as lost in the clouds (too stuck in intellect). I don't sense much real clarity by him on enlightenment.

So interesting, I keep diving into the SD material and sometimes try to watch his videos and I feel like the way he structures his thinking is either too loose or subjetive, not precise enough. Lost in the clouds is a good description. I would think that he is awake intellectually and has not embodied much of it ?! when compared to Leo, who is also a deep thinker and has reached some deep levels of consciousness, but is still able to bring the content to us in a way that we comprehend. 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

4 minutes ago, MsNobody said:

@UnbornTao

So interesting, I keep diving into the SD material and sometimes try to watch his videos and I feel like the way he structures his thinking is either too loose or subjetive, not precise enough. Lost in the clouds is a good description. I would think that he is awake intellectually and has not embodied much of it ?! when compared to Leo, who is also a deep thinker and has reached some deep levels of consciousness, but is still able to bring the content to us in a way that we comprehend. 

If he is enlightened, I can't seem to find much clarity on his part regarding direct consciousness. I suspect he is mostly speaking from intellect rather than from authentic experience. Speaking from authentic experience tends to come out differently, in a way that is more immediate, present and clear, not tainted by hearsay and so much schematics and cosmologies. But I could be wrong. 

31 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

authentic experience. Speaking from authentic experience tends to come out differently, in a way that is more immediate, present and clear, not tainted by hearsay and so much schematics and cosmologies. But I could be wrong. 

Wilber, One Taste: Daily Reflections on Integral Spirituality

"As one who has written extensively about the interior life, meditation, and psychotherapy, Ken Wilber—the leading theorist in the field of integral psychology—naturally arouses the curiosity of his numerous readers. In response to this curiosity, this one-year diary not only offers an unprecedented entrée into his private world, but offers an introduction to his essential thought. "If there is a theme to this journal," Wilber writes, "it is that body, mind, and the luminosities of the soul—all are perfect expressions of the Radiant Spirit that alone inhabits the universe, sublime gestures of that Great Perfection that alone outshines the world."

Wilber's personal writings include:

•  Details of his own spiritual practice
   •  Advice to spiritual seekers
   •  Reflections on his work and that of other prominent theorists in the field of integral psychology
   •  His day-to-day personal experiences
   •  Dozens of his short theoretical essays on topics from art to feminism to spirituality to psychotherapy"

On 5/30/2024 at 11:33 AM, Javfly33 said:

Said the Dreamer to the Creator.

Not sure if you are really conscious of Who you are.

The Creator is never stucked in his Creation(the "Dream" as you say), It can Only think it is.

You ought to tell me that I am stucked or limited when i myself was the one Who created limits and the rules of this Dream? Hahaha.

The body i am using might be limited, but i myself certainly ain't. 

This dude is woke af 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

On 5/30/2024 at 11:40 AM, Water by the River said:

But wave surfing is all fine and well as long as it is fun..

This is the point though! The point is to wave surf! 

Do you think God (You) is stupid and would just create the waves for something to be tireing? It’s imporant to know how the car functions (wheels/enlightenment) but take the fucking thing for a drive and explore the roads. 

I think this is what Leo is saying he’s doing. 

Enlightenment is important but it’s kinda like once you get it, go explore. 

Lions Heart YouTube

On 5/30/2024 at 1:42 PM, CARDOZZO said:

Ralston is a genius.

I've had 2 enlightenment "experiences" doing contemplation while reading the book of not knowing.

If you are a programmer, Ralston is the equivalent of a master wizard writing code with machine code/assembly at extreme levels of mastery.

This. He’s actually autistic, so the way he obsessively picks apart reality is beautiful for the real nerds

Lions Heart YouTube

On 5/30/2024 at 11:59 AM, bambi said:

I have watched Ralstons work there is absolutely nothing genius, unique or special about anyhtign he says compared to any other 'enlightened' or spiritual person. He just is eccentric and idyosnchratic and is incriedbly poor at explaining himself or tethering his ideas to any formalisation, which gives an air of mystery or pseudo-intellect. I dont see it at all, I think Leo bought some lemons with Ralston. People like Osho, Adyashanti, Sadhguru, David Hawkins, Ken Wilber, etc etc offer everythign Ralston does plus 1000x more 

You’re clearly quite conscious but consider that you are wrong about Ralston. Fuck his YouTube videos. Pick up his books and study them like a calculus text 

Lions Heart YouTube

1 minute ago, BlessedLion said:

You’re clearly quite conscious but consider that you are wrong about Ralston. Fuck his YouTube videos. Pick up his books and study them like a calculus text 

Sure if you can provide some excerperts or unique things he has said. Ive read 100s of spiritual books, and seen his videos, I dont see anything profound infact I find him to struggle to articulate things clearly, but please change my mind, give me some of his ideas or content you found so genius (this is a genuine request, Im sure I am being flippant with him)

On 5/30/2024 at 6:52 PM, UnbornTao said:

That may apply to Ken Wilber, etc.

Wilber isn’t lost in his mind he just knows how to use it 

Lions Heart YouTube

@Water by the River what is your take on enlightenment versus God realization? I’m curious. Realizing you are the ocean and wave surfing. How is God realization different from wave surfing ? 

Lions Heart YouTube

@Javfly33 when you say you are consciousness creating a hand, are you admitting you have no control over it? Like how you have control over the words you type?

Whats willing consciousness? What’s willing those limitations? 

Lions Heart YouTube