Buck Edwards

Peter Ralston interview by Leo Gura.

378 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

. You're stuck in a dream.

Said the Dreamer to the Creator.

Not sure if you are really conscious of Who you are.

The Creator is never stucked in his Creation(the "Dream" as you say), It can Only think it is.

You ought to tell me that I am stucked or limited when i myself was the one Who created limits and the rules of this Dream? Hahaha.

The body i am using might be limited, but i myself certainly ain't. 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Look, understand what it is that I do here. I explore Consciousness to discover things about it. It's like exploring the Earth back 2000 years ago. You never know what you'll find. All I'm doing is exploring Consciousness and making certain observations about it. This doesn't mean I have all the answers. I speak of what I have discovered so far, and who knows what I will discover tomorrow. So I don't place any limits on it. But what is obvious is that humans are generally stuck in a very narrow band of consciousness, regardless of whether they are enlightened or not.

As a basic example, an enlightened man can fail at a basic thing like understanding what the consciousness of a woman is like. A woman does not have the same consciousness as a man. It's qualitatively different. Even though of course Nothingness is at the root of all consciousness. But reducing it to Nothingness means you still don't understand the consciousness of a woman. To understand the consciousness of a woman you'd have to stop being a man and become a woman. And if you actually did that, your understanding of consciousness would grow.

Nothingness or suchness is the essence of every appearance, appearing in Infinite Impersonal Being. Form(or appearance) is Nothingness, Nothingness is appearance/form. The same "stuff/non-stuff". Realizing this beyond a doubt is Enlightenment, expressing and stabilizing these awakened impersonal states in daily life is the path that follows after it. Infinite Being lives itself, the universe "universes", without any contraction into a centre of perception and its lenses and filter-illusions.

Consciousness OF a woman, OF a man, OF a human, OF an alien... any consciousness OF or more radically, any consciousness OF anything, be it self-reflective or not, is like a show of states (appearance/form/temporary/not really existing but just appearing) rollling "before" the impersonal Awareness of True Being. Which is pure Impersonal Awareness, unaware of itself if nothing arises, but with potential for sentience. Infinite Being. And which is Nothingness if nothing arises/appears.

The consciousness OF something (man/woman/alien) is wave surfing on the ocean of Infinite Being, stabilizing living from the impersonal nondual awakened states where this Infinite Reality if Infinite Being is obvious (and "living itself") is dropping into the Infinite Ocean and becoming it fully. And afterwards, one can still do wavesurfing, or consciousness-OF-x exploration.

And rumour has it that wave surfing the Infinite Ocean can become quite tiring & stressfull & and a bit less than relaxed if done for too long by a separate-self-contraction. And at some point when one doesn't want continue surfing ever new waves (of which there exists an Infinity of, forever and ever to be explored by God "itself") the dropping & dissolving & and fully BEing the ocean can happen.

But wave surfing is all fine and well as long as it is fun...

Selling neoprene suits so that the dropping into the ocean feels comfy for all tired wave-surfers

by the River

Edited by Water by the River

Dr David Hawkins already solved all of this theory and work. Conciousness itself is not the highest field. Awareness itself suspends conciousness, and Perception suspends Awerness, and Nibbana/Void/Nothingness suspends perception. Each layer is infinitely times more powerful and energetic.

Enlightenment is beyond the last layer. Leo is clearly not interested in these layers or enligthenment, he enjoys simply exploring conciousness in its infinte imagination, that his joy and bias. Probably as an INTP 548 he has an egoic need to find some novel understanding or add something intellignet or competencey to the domain of spirituality, and so hes trying to do it with conciousness exploration. This is not the same as enlightenment. Enlightenment is of a energetic field that contains and suspends conciousness

I have watched Ralstons work there is absolutely nothing genius, unique or special about anyhtign he says compared to any other 'enlightened' or spiritual person. He just is eccentric and idyosnchratic and is incriedbly poor at explaining himself or tethering his ideas to any formalisation, which gives an air of mystery or pseudo-intellect. I dont see it at all, I think Leo bought some lemons with Ralston. People like Osho, Adyashanti, Sadhguru, David Hawkins, Ken Wilber, etc etc offer everythign Ralston does plus 1000x more 

Posted (edited)

@bambi "He who has ears to hear..."

Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

@Water by the River You are like a broken record. You are like a scientist who goes around say, "A woman?! That's just atoms! An alien?! That's just atoms. All I care to know is atoms! The suchness of that underlies everything."

But you actually have no understanding or appreciation of a woman or an alien. And yet, ironically, you are stuck in that human body and mind, spinning on repeat.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be so quick to choose. You don't know what you want until you try it. You are given two black boxes and you say you want black box #2 instead of #1. This is a meaningless choice.

Touché

You are sharp today

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You are like a scientist who goes around say, "A woman?! That's just atoms! An alien?! That's just atoms. All I care to know is atoms! The suchness of that underlies everything."

While not understanding that the structure of the atoms is what enables him to even be interested in atoms. 😁

Now I understand why physicists view themselves above everyone else. They think everyone should have the same bias.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Nemra said:

While not understanding that the structure of the atoms is what enables him to even be interested in atoms. 😁

Now I understand why physicists view themselves above everyone else. They think everyone should have the same bias.

Mathematicians are even worse.

But nondualists are in a league of their own.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You certainly haven talked with philosophers, those are the worse of the worse

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

On 5/29/2024 at 9:20 AM, Leo Gura said:

One of Ralaton's strengths and weaknesses is that he sees reality his unique way and he's not interested in other opinions or perspectives about it.

He doesn't do comparative analysis of various spiritual teaching styles. He only does his style, and its his way or the exit. This is unfortunate because important stuff is being missed.

This is a great question I’ve also thought about. I consider it’s mostly the culture you grow up in, the people around you. If you grew up in a torquoise society you’d likely be turquoise 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

3 minutes ago, Davino said:

@Leo Gura You certainly haven talked with philosophers, those are the worse of the worse

Why?

On 5/29/2024 at 9:20 AM, Leo Gura said:

One of Ralaton's strengths and weaknesses is that he sees reality his unique way and he's not interested in other opinions or perspectives about it.

He doesn't do comparative analysis of various spiritual teaching styles. He only does his style, and its his way or the exit. This is unfortunate because important stuff is being missed.

I’ve spent about 6 weeks with Ralston in person, and it’s true. You really have to see him in person to “get it” better. Although his books are super deep, and to be read extremely slowly like you’re trying to learn calculus from it. The stuff he’s pointing to is absurdly profound 

Lions Heart YouTube

I agree with Javfly. Consciousness can absolutely be developed and increased. But the desire for it and seeking out of it might be more a genetic predisposition and those who have it are certainly blessed 

Lions Heart YouTube

Javfly, no matter how much you meditate or do yoga there are still legit limitations on you, you can’t turn your hand into a claw, no matter how many psychedelics or yoga you do. 

Lions Heart YouTube

It’s also interesting to consider if Ralston is so conscious because of his hard work ethic. 

It doesn’t make sense in a metaphysical sense that consciousness wouldn’t allow for itself to grow and develop close to its true nature and just be totally “stuck in a dream” 

I agree there are definitely limitatios consciousness places on itself (frankly it would suck if there weren’t, imagine if everyone could just meditate themselves into an alien or kangaroo, NO, you’re here for the full human experience AS God and you’re silly ego isn’t going to fuck that up) 

It would take away from the legitimacy of the dream. 

So putting it all on genetics is a bit of a cop out, even the biggest idiot in Missippi could take up meditation and drastically shift their spiritual intelligence and consciousness. 

Some may be more gifted, sure, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible for others. Just takes hard work. 

Lions Heart YouTube

Ralston is a genius.

I've had 2 enlightenment "experiences" doing contemplation while reading the book of not knowing.

If you are a programmer, Ralston is the equivalent of a master wizard writing code with machine code/assembly at extreme levels of mastery.

16 minutes ago, CARDOZZO said:

Ralston is a genius.

I've had 2 enlightenment "experiences" doing contemplation while reading the book of not knowing.

If you are a programmer, Ralston is the equivalent of a master wizard writing code with machine code/assembly at extreme levels of mastery.

Can you give me some examples of the genuis, or things he has said/excerpts that caused this? 

I know we all resonate in different ways, Im just genuinely curious as I watched some of his videos and dont see anything special, so maybe Im missing something

Posted (edited)

@bambi He is one of the few humans that can teach people in a systematic way to reach enlightenment.

It's like the quote: "If you can't program it, you haven't understood it".

Imagine that you are a human capable to describe the smell of a rose to a robot.

He's on that level.

Edited by CARDOZZO

@CARDOZZO appreciate the reply but you literally didnt answer my question at all