Buck Edwards

Peter Ralston interview by Leo Gura.

378 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura 

Would you put Ken Wilber in the same tier of genius as Ralston? What about Rupert Spira, Eckhart Tolle, Mooji, Osho, etc?

Osho was a genius in his own way.

Wilber is a genius in the domain of philosophical writing and conceptual understanding.

The rest of them are merely enlightened, not particularly geniuses.

Ralston's genius is very unique. Basically he exists in his own unique state of consciousness. He's not a normal human being. Understanding him is hard because he's just so different from normal humans by default. It's not something you can enlighten you way to. No amount of enlightenment will get you to his level, because it is based on genetic talent. It's like trying to visualize like Tesla, a normal human cannot do it, you have to be a genetic freak.

This is the secret that none of these people will ever tell you. They take their own genetics for granted, which I am sick of watching.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The rest of them are merely enlightened, not particularly geniuses.

so you don't consider enlightenment a type of genius? @Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Yali said:

so you don't consider enlightenment a type of genius? @Leo Gura

Not really. It's too common. Serious intelligence goes way beyond anything a human can cultivate through any amount of practice or work.

Intelligence is fundamentally genetic.

I told you guys that I could blackpill you.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ralston does not have a cult around him.

Ralston is one of the most genius humans on this planet. It takes insane intelligence to appreciate everything he offers.

Most people will never understand what Ralston has achieved. He's NOT just another enlightened nondualist. He has achieved a level of understanding of reality which hardly any human on this planet has achieved.

Could you please list some of what you think he has achieved or one way to learn form him about anything enlightenment or not ? I wouldn’t say I’m too familiar with his work, but I read maybe half his book about the body and movement that you have in the book list, and I don’t know if its his style or if I just couldn’t comprehend what he was pointing at, but I can hardly now remember any good insight that I had form reading it. 

Edited by Happy Lizard

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Intelligence is fundamentally genetic.

that's pretty obvious when you think about it. I mean basically any exceptional quality boils down to genetics first and foremost. @Leo Gura

and yea, hard work matters but you're not going to achieve anything exceptional with hard work alone.

Edited by Yali

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura so are the multiple lines of intelligence -- what Ken wilber calls "growing up" -- basically genetic? 

what does growing through the spiral stages hinge on? 

Edited by Yali

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

Could you please list some of what you think he has achieved or one way to learn form him about anything enlightenment or not ? I wouldn’t say I’m too familiar with his work, but I read maybe half his book about the body and movement that you have in the book list, and I don’t know if its his style or if I just couldn’t comprehend what he was pointing at, but I can hardly now remember any good insight that I had form reading it. 

Ralston is very hard to grasp because he he lives in his own reality and he doesn't try to make it easy for you. You will have to work for it.

You just have to listen to him very carefully. He has short videos on YT which give you bits. But to really learn form him requires visiting his workshops.

1 hour ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura so are the multiple lines of intelligence -- what Ken wilber calls "growing up" -- basically genetic? 

what does growing through the spiral stages hinge on? 

Growing up is not about innate intelligence. Growing up is just the process of developing yourself. Anyone can do development, you don't need special talents for that.

You don't need to be a genius to grow up/mature.

Edited by Leo Gura

Wow that interview really makes me want to realize I don't know anything without being directly conscious of it and contemplate for a few hours after work. Thanks for this.

Posted (edited)

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He has achieved a level of understanding of reality which hardly any human on this planet has achieved.

In your opinion, which are his most profound insights/teachings? 

Edited by Brivido

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura dont you think intelligence is also based on factors like level of consciousness, understanding? sure the individual differences also play a role. 

Edited by Rahul yadav

7 minutes ago, Rahul yadav said:

level of consciousness,

Yes of course. But level of consciousness is largely genetic.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But level of consciousness is largely genetic.

but the line of spiritual intelligence in Ken Wilber's model of growing up isn't?  @Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But level of consciousness is largely genetic.

O.o

broooo is this a joke?

Consciousness creates genetics, consciousness can not be bound by genetics! @Leo Gura 

o.O 

PD:

By the way.... I guess you could say the predisposition of a human to explore Consciousness could be genetic (in the sense, a human might be born with very little 'seeking' orientation to Awakening, therefore it won´t explore anything related to consciousness).

But if the intention is there, obviously all the Consciousness is available to that human!

Edited by Javfly33

@Javfly33 consciousness places limits on itself through genetic DNA. that's why you're human. 

1 minute ago, Yali said:

@Javfly33 consciousness places limits on itself through genetic DNA. that's why you're human. 

Im not a human. Consciousness is creating a human body. I am consciousness and all the power of consciousness is available for that one which is willing. (precisely because you are not a human organism or biological thing).

I don´t know what you guys are smoking but surely some of you guys have some weird as fuck beliefs about how Consciousness works. 

Just now, Javfly33 said:

all the power of consciousness is available for that one which is willing

haha, tell that to a goat. @Javfly33

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

But if the intention is there, obviously all the Consciousness is available to that human!

No it isn't.

No human is highly conscious.

You are NOT in control of your level of consciousness. It's not up to you. You're stuck in a dream.

Edited by Leo Gura

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No human is highly conscious.

What is higly conscious?

You left it half-cooked, otherwise don't tease

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

@Leo Gura

I told you guys that I could blackpill you.

Please do it, it's always refreshing to challenge our fantasies about how things work. 

You plan to do a separate episode on that, right?

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, Davino said:

What is higly conscious?

You left it half-cooked, otherwise don't tease

Do you really think that humans are the most conscious creatures in the universe?

I mean, this isn't rocket science.

These enlightened humans are so full of themselves. As if their stupid enlightenment is the end of it.

The reason I called such people rats is to remind them of where they sit in the great chain of creatures. You do not sit at the top, you sit near the rat. That is what enlightened human consciousness is, rat-like consciousness.

28 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura

Please do it, it's always refreshing to challenge our fantasies about how things work. 

You plan to do a separate episode on that, right?

Yes, but I want to balance it out with some hope and positivity because people would take it badly.

Edited by Leo Gura