Butters

Is fear just an emotion that we should explore fully?

10 posts in this topic

Leo said to be more emotional in life, so does that include fear? Or should fear be transcended as much as possible? 

Posted (edited)

Certainly explore it, but beware the trap of regarding all your fears as illusory. Some of your fears are keeping you alive and healthy.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Butters said:

Leo said to be more emotional in life, so does that include fear? Or should fear be transcended as much as possible? 

Transcend the fear as much as you can. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

First realize YOU are creating Fear, as with any and all other experiences that YOU have within, its just a question of is this a Conscious or Unconscious process.. When You first come upon a busy street, when you were a little child, there was some fear, what if I cross and get hit by a car, now that you are older and have experience there is no fear, because you have clarity, you know how to cross the street when its safe. 

So it is this way in life always, Fear is about living in the future but no knowing what is going to happen, its imagination really (Ego problem with lack of control). But the future does not exist in reality, there is only NOW, so Fear is disabling really, all You need is Clarity, to see what is the situation as it really is and navigate it correctly, for the most part this will guide You thru life with Ease, as fear is disabling for most ppl, it puts them in fight or flight mode easily and most are living there in today's world, or living in the past via memory and being bitter or depressed about it..none of that is empowering for you, Clarity is Empowering, it allows You to be open to what may happen, if your not open your stuck in the past always...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Certainly explore it, but beware the trap of regarding all your fears as illusory. Some of your fears are keeping you alive and healthy.

That definitely leads to suffering. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

It is foundational so definitely worth exploring.

You transcend fear by welcoming it, seeing it, and hearing out what it wants to tell you.

If there is no fear it can be beneficial to invite it to show itself.

But you don't have to do that excessively.

Instead I'd recommend you invite other emotions, like acceptance and love and focus on those.

Fear is an amusing emotion. On one hand it helps us survive, on the other it becomes dangerously toxic when out of hand. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Any emotion that you are willing to feel fully is going to transform into love. So there is no such thing as exploring fear. The moment you turn your awareness on it fully, it is gone. Love is the only emotion. 

You cannot love what you need.

Fear is a basic, genetically encoded emotion. It is what keeps you alive, but it must be dominated for one simple reason: in the end you die. If fear dominates you, like most humans today, you are a neurotic incapable of facing reality, who sees death as something unimaginable and alien.

Until modern times, humans faced death inevitably on a daily basis, war, illness, a simple childbirth, placed you on the edge of the abyss. It was not unusual for people to face death or torture with serenity. Nowadays we live in a bubble of security that is not real since death always comes, but we do not see it, we hide it. Almost no one has seen someone die, or seriously thought that they were going to die today. This is pleasant but it strengthens fear and creates neuroticism and avoidance of reality.