bambi

Permenant cessation of ego structure

143 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Water by the River said:

If you want to call realizing Infinite impersonal eternal True Being (and staying awakened nondual states sobre)  reductionism of Consciousness... 

I want and did.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

51 minutes ago, What Am I said:

Mahasi Sayadaw devised a technique where thought is used for continuous notation of the present moment experience, but I get what you're saying. This method utilizes thought to help target awareness where it needs to pay attention, but the thought on its own can't reason its way to the realization.

Like Brahman mentioned above, LSD has some drawbacks that are hard to overlook. Even if it has a tendency towards the unitive experience, it can be a rough journey getting there, and the utilization of dopamine and stimulant qualities can leave you wishing you hadn't done it afterwards as you come down.

I noticed the Dopamine D2 receptor affinity. I wonder if this can heal dopamine recptors? For people who have abused stimulants for example

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Please describe what you mean by MIND.

I mean everything that exists.

There only exists one thing. This stuff you are experiencing right now.

You are MIND.

Because in my experience Enlightment is realizing with the Mind you never ever grasp Infinite. 

(Which is why no one can think his way into mystical states of consciousness)

I don't limit mind to thinking or concepts. Mystical states are themselves mind.

I have used my mind to grasp Infinity so deeply that I cannot even begin to explain it to ya'll. Of course my grasping it was far beyond thinking about it or having ideas.

6 hours ago, bambi said:

It seems to offer the broadest positive profile?

Nothing about that heatmap is about positive or negative.

Also the headtmap on your blog Im not sure is correct. The data in the study shows Ibogaine hitting more receptors then the heatmap shows for example

I cannot remember, it was too long ago that I made it. Perhaps I made a mistake or perhaps you are reading it wrong.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, bambi said:

I noticed the Dopamine D2 receptor affinity. I wonder if this can heal dopamine recptors? For people who have abused stimulants for example

At least not in my experience. If anything, it seems to have a likelihood of causing additional damage. The mystical states and the resulting spiritual energy that pass through the body are probably restorative, so maybe it ends up evening out. Who the hell knows lol. But from my own and many others' reports, LSD makes you feel not so great afterward. It's one of its largest drawbacks.

I've come across some data indicating iboga can help with receptor healing. I don't have any direct experience, but it could be worth looking into. I'm an ex-stimulant abuser myself, so I have an idea of the what you're going through.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

It occurs to me now that different brains may have different kinds of receptor sites which scientists don't even know how to measure. So assuming that every brain fits that heatmap is a dangerously simplistic assumption.

And those receptor sites could wire up to neurons in very different ways. There's no guarantee that the same receptor site in two different brains produces the same effect. What could be more important than the receptor site is the neuronal wiring behind it all.

So the science of all this is super sketchy and ultimately probably wrong.

Edited by Leo Gura

7 minutes ago, What Am I said:

At least not in my experience. If anything, it seems to have a likelihood of causing additional damage. The mystical states and the resulting spiritual energy that pass through the body are probably restorative, so maybe it ends up evening out. Who the hell knows lol. But from my own and many others' reports, LSD makes you feel not so great afterward. It's one of its largest drawbacks.

I've come across some data indicating iboga can help with receptor healing. I don't have any direct experience, but it could be worth looking into. I'm an ex-stimulant abuser myself, so I have an idea of the what you're going through.

Hmm Im not sure actually, Ive been researching with Claude/GPT-4 etc and it isunproven but targetting specific receptors in the way LSD and other compounds does could cause resensitization, there are animal behavioural studies etc that suggest this could be the case. The specufic affinity of LSD to D1/D2/D3/D4 dopamine sub receptors could improve long term sensitivity imo

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It occurs to me now that different brains may have different kinds of receptor sites which scientists don't even know how to measure. So assuming that every brain fits that heatmap is a dangerously simplistic assumption.

That heat map and blog post is good though, would be good to update it as the years go by, with deep informaiton/studies on each receptor site etc, more compounds, more data

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Solid point. I think humans have the mistaken belief that we're really hot shit in understanding how things work. It's funny how the more we learn gives us to opportunity to realize how much we don't know and how complex the full landscape really is.

2 minutes ago, bambi said:

Hmm Im not sure actually, Ive been researching with Claude/GPT-4 etc and it isunproven but targetting specific receptors in the way LSD and other compounds does could cause resensitization, there are animal behavioural studies etc that suggest this could be the case. The specufic affinity of LSD to D1/D2/D3/D4 dopamine sub receptors could improve long term sensitivity imo

That could be correct. I'm only judging it from a subjective short-term perspective, but maybe it would help long-term. My most insistent advice would still be to go for 5-MeO-DMT and DMT and their closely adjacent molecules if you can. It'd be really hard to go wrong with those.

Claude opus:

Yes, there are several studies that have investigated the effects of specific dopamine receptor agonists on the sensitization and resensitization of dopamine receptors. Here are a few examples:

D1 receptor sensitization:

A study by Vezina (1996) found that repeated administration of the D1 receptor agonist SKF 82958 led to behavioral sensitization in rats, suggesting that D1 receptor activation can induce long-lasting changes in dopamine signaling.

Another study by Hu et al. (2002) demonstrated that repeated treatment with the D1 receptor agonist SKF 81297 enhanced the sensitivity of D1 receptors in the nucleus accumbens, a key region in the brain's reward system.

D2 receptor sensitization:

A study by Lim et al. (2004) investigated the effects of the D2 receptor agonist quinpirole on dopamine receptor sensitivity. They found that chronic treatment with quinpirole led to an increase in D2 receptor sensitivity in the striatum of rats.

Szechtman et al. (1993) also showed that repeated administration of quinpirole induced behavioral sensitization and enhanced the sensitivity of D2 receptors in rats.

Resensitization after downregulation:

A study by Bartlett et al. (2005) explored the potential of the D1 receptor agonist SKF 81297 to resensitize dopamine receptors after chronic cocaine exposure. They found that treatment with SKF 81297 could partially restore the sensitivity of D1 receptors that had been downregulated due to cocaine use.

Similarly, a study by Ferris et al. (2012) demonstrated that the D2 receptor agonist pramipexole could resensitize D2 receptors in rats that had been exposed to chronic cocaine, suggesting a potential therapeutic approach for treating cocaine addiction.

These studies provide evidence that specific dopamine receptor agonists can induce sensitization and resensitization of dopamine receptors. By selectively targeting D1 or D2 receptors, these compounds may help restore dopamine signaling and counteract the downregulation caused by chronic drug use or other factors.

However, it's important to note that these studies were primarily conducted in animal models, and the effects may not directly translate to humans. More clinical research is needed to determine the safety, efficacy, and long-term consequences of using dopamine receptor agonists for sensitization or resensitization purposes in humans.

I wouldn't get too hung up on this receptor/neuroscience stuff. It's good as general information, same as reading trip reports. But then your actual experience with the substance may differ wildly, a complete 180. There's a community on reddit called r/DrugNerds dedicated to this, lots of data there.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

1 minute ago, What Am I said:

That could be correct. I'm only judging it from a subjective short-term perspective, but maybe it would help long-term. My most insistent advice would still be to go for 5-MeO-DMT and DMT and their closely adjacent molecules if you can. It'd be really hard to go wrong with those.

Yes definately, ordering 5 meo malt and dmt, will try it next few months, Im worried that even 1/4tab lsd is intense for me or 0.5g of mushrooms is hyper intense too. I randomly became hyper sensitive to psychedelics after a heroic dose where I fully surrendered and after a deep period of addiction relapse and suffering

Just now, LambdaDelta said:

I wouldn't get too hung up on this receptor/neuroscience stuff. It's good as general information, same as reading trip reports. But then your actual experience with the substance may differ wildly, a complete 180. There's a community on reddit called r/DrugNerds dedicated to this, lots of data there.

Thanks for the suggestion. I find it interesting though lol, I enjoy studying it briefly, and if theres potential to heal the brain thats interesting to me

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, bambi said:

Yes definately, ordering 5 meo malt and dmt, will try it next few months, Im worried that even 1/4tab lsd is intense for me or 0.5g of mushrooms is hyper intense too. I randomly became hyper sensitive to psychedelics after a heroic dose where I fully surrendered and after a deep period of addiction relapse and suffering

Then for the love of all that's holy, start with low doses lol. DMT in particular has caused me fear of a type I couldn't even comprehend.

Edited by What Am I

33 minutes ago, bambi said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I find it interesting though lol, I enjoy studying it briefly, and if theres potential to heal the brain thats interesting to me

Have fun, it's a nice topic. I just wanted to write this warning cause I know a few guys that think of everything in terms of serotonin/dopamine, it's a sad sight.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have used my mind to grasp Infinity so deeply that I cannot even begin to explain it to ya'll. Of course my grasping it was far beyond thinking about it or having ideas.

I get you. When you truly grasp It is not an idea or a thought, is truly grasping it. It can not be explained

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

I get you. When you truly grasp It is not an idea or a thought, is truly grasping it. It can not be explained

It also is a thought though. That's one of the things that many nondualists and Buddhists get wrong.

You definitely can grasp Infinity with thoughts and mind, however it does require a shift in your state.

The only reason that thoughts do not grasp Infinity is because humans have too low of a default state of consciousness. This is common mistake across my different teachings.

See, when nondualists and Buddhists meditate, they turn off their higher mind in order to hit Nothingness, and the limitation of that method is that you cannot think deeply about Infinity. Which is a shame, because there is much worth thinking about it.

Using mindlessness to reach Nothingness works, but no one appreciates at what cost, and takes that to be the only way. But it is far from the only way. You are just a simple state change away from being able to grasp Infinity with your thoughts. But it's a huge leap in state.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are just a simple state change away from being able to grasp Infinity with your thoughts. But it's a huge leap in state.

Have you found someone else who seems to understand that?

Just curious.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It also is a thought though. That's one of the things that many nondualists and Buddhists get wrong.

You definitely can grasp Infinity with thoughts and mind, however it does require a shift in your state.

Im sure 99% of buddhists as well as typical non dual meditators havent gone to the depths of what is possible. It requires a super intense energy of consciousness. Which typical meditation traditions do not touch.

They are interested in just no self/separation from Thoughts and thats It. And with that, It might provide some peacefulness but that doesn't let you see even 0.1% of the cake.

In my experience Infinity goes beyond human experience and It can be verified such thing. 

I have become conscious my body is literally Infinity, not as a thought, but literally i know that i can access any memory/information in the dream because i have become as a body truly boundless consciousness. 

It seems Is an Infinite Mind and for the sake of the Game It limits it into human bodies, but if you generate enough willingness, you can trascend the limit, It opens Up just a bit, in order to not lose your Mind. (Talking from my experience, dont know about You).

Of course i wont transform into a kangaroo if not i wont be a human anymore, but i mean as Consciousness the memory/information is accesible. (With memory i mean literally the "physical world" which really is not physical of course, just my own Infinite body)

Dont know what you mean with grasping Infinity with a thought, maybe we are talking about different things. 

Edited by Javfly33

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

See, when nondualists and Buddhists meditate, they turn off their higher mind in order to hit Nothingness, and the limitation of that method is that you cannot think deeply about Infinity.

That is not the case in the higher states of for example Mahamudra stage 4 Nonmeditation, and neither in Dzogchen. The mind runs along quite nicely, but the thoughts are moving like leaves in the wind, as appearances in Infinite Being. 

The shutting off is emphasized in Theravada-approaches, leading to the Jhanas and cessation. Cessation is not the goal nor the highest state in all later developed Mahayana systems. The goal their is nondual Enlightenment sobre, while thoughts and the world arise in Infinite Being.  And one can contemplate about Infinity all day long in these awakened states.

Selling Water by the River