bambi

Permenant cessation of ego structure

143 posts in this topic

Has anyone experienced a permenant dissolution of ego-structure via the use of psychedelics, or is it always temporary?

@Leo Gura you have a blgo video in 2019 regarding your ego structure being seen for the first time, and you insinuate in the video it was permenant, has this remanied the same since 2019? What was the substance you used, you speak highly of it in the video but dont disclose, you claim is even more powerful then 5meo

Posted (edited)

To give my two cents, something on the level of 5-MeO-DMT can make a permanent change to your experience of self and other, but it probably won't have that type of impact unless it's used in the appropriate context. That would include a healthy lifestyle, an accurate intellectual understanding of what you're trying to achieve, and at least a modest amount of raw skill in assuming "the witness". I'm sure other factors are involved as well, but my main point is that you probably can't just rely on 5meo to do 100% of the work. The statement "God meets you half way" would apply.

As for how I believe it does this (and what makes it stand out from most other psychedelics), it'd be the reliable activation of kundalini and the clearing of the energetic system. It would appear this anchors access to higher states of consciousness.

5dd6fb36c9e20e0a1c0656d9a3db707a.gif

Edited by What Am I

It is not permanent.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is not permanent.

OH the video made it seemd permenant. You also seemed to corroborate that removing the ego strucutre is the highest possibility for a human and the best possible life version

Do you still believe one can remove the ego-structure, I think this is what traditional enlightened people are talking about? 

Posted (edited)

@bambi That video is quite old and my understanding of things has significantly evolved since then.

I apologize for making it seem that way.

Dissolving ego is good, but there is much more to consciousness than that.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@bambi That video is quite old and my understanding of things has significantly evolved since then.

I apologize for making it seem that way.

Dissolving ego is good, but there is much more to consciousness than that.

Ah you have so many postings and videos its hard to track! I enjoyed the video, and thought you had found the ultimate end point to spirituality, was happy for you!

I guess my concern is how to life the best possible human life, transcendental conciousness exploration Im happy do when the physical body dies.

In that video you do a good explication of the ego-structure, how essentially it is a resistance pattern, and how it drastically influences our percpetion and enjoyment of life and reality.

Do you not think dissolving the ego permentantly is the highest goal for the spiritual seeker to live a joyous and free life? Thats the impression I took from that video, which aligns with most other spiritual teachings. How have your veiws changed? Do you have a follow up video I could watch ?

Complete and permanent dissolution of the ego is tantamount to death in this human world. At 100% no self you wouldn't even know your name, making it impossible to do basic survival. Which is not to discourage striving towards these states of being, but part of wisdom is knowing your limits.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

2 minutes ago, LambdaDelta said:

Complete and permanent dissolution of the ego is tantamount to death in this human world. At 100% no self you wouldn't even know your name, making it impossible to do basic survival. Which is not to discourage striving towards these states of being, but part of wisdom is knowing your limits.

There seems to be a type of no-self, where Self takes over every aspect of you life and survival. It seems completely impossible imagine livign this way to egos, but that is what most people report who claim to have dissolved ego-self, Leo actually coroborates this in his 2019 blog video

Funnily, doesn't seem to happen on psychedelics. Only sober. "Enlightenment" as it is called. (sorry for using the E-word!)

Describe a thought.

2 hours ago, bambi said:

Has anyone experienced a permenant dissolution of ego-structure via the use of psychedelics, or is it always temporary?

@Leo Gura you have a blgo video in 2019 regarding your ego structure being seen for the first time, and you insinuate in the video it was permenant, has this remanied the same since 2019? What was the substance you used, you speak highly of it in the video but dont disclose, you claim is even more powerful then 5meo

No self / permanent dissolution of ego is impossible. Even if enlightenment happens, ego comes back. However, you can reconstruct the ego, which is riding the Ox. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Funnily, doesn't seem to happen on psychedelics. Only sober. "Enlightenment" as it is called. (sorry for using the E-word!)

Are we calling Enlightenment the realisation/dissolving/dropping away/permenant cessation of the ego-self?

What role can psychedelics play in that journey then? They can maybe make the path more clear?

Just now, James123 said:

No self / permanent dissolution of ego is impossible. Even if enlightenment happens, ego comes back. However, you can reconstruct the ego, which is riding the Ox. 

Thanks, to clarify are you speaking from experience or just postulating based on theory? Its not always clear in these discussions

6 minutes ago, LambdaDelta said:

Complete and permanent dissolution of unicorns is tantamount to death in this human world.

Ego doesn't exist! It's like unicorns. Don't mistake the map for the territory.

And no, you don't need unicorns to remember your name or whatever.

Describe a thought.

2 minutes ago, bambi said:

Thanks, to clarify are you speaking from experience or just postulating based on theory? Its not always clear in these discussions

Direct experience, and direct enlightenment recognition.

Anytime brother.

Moreover, only way to reconstructe the ego is Love!

1 minute ago, James123 said:

Direct experience, and direct enlightenment recognition.

Anytime brother.

Moreover, only way to reconstructe the ego is Love!

Gotcha, alot of other people disagree with your position. Any ideas why they think there ego is dissovled, and that high-Self is running the show. The cliaim every moment is spontaenous.

I also had temporary ego-dissolution experiences, and it seemed as though ego is nothing more then a pain entity accrued from childhood as a resistance to life, and not only is it possible to live without it, its much better and easier.

I really resonated with Leos expeirence of it, it matched my temporary experience of it. 

Just now, bambi said:

Gotcha, alot of other people disagree with your position. Any ideas why they think there ego is dissovled, and that high-Self is running the show. The cliaim every moment is spontaenous.

I also had temporary ego-dissolution experiences, and it seemed as though ego is nothing more then a pain entity accrued from childhood as a resistance to life, and not only is it possible to live without it, its much better and easier.

I really resonated with Leos expeirence of it, it matched my temporary experience of it. 

Ego is the Universe, you can't run away from it. If you can understand what I am saying that's ego, if you breathe that's ego. As a self we are human beings, but what we are is there is nothing there. Who denies to not be human being, they are completely fooling themselves.

Please tell me a teacher or guru who denies the existence or ego? 

Just now, James123 said:

Ego is the Universe, you can't run away from it. If you can understand what I am saying that's ego, if you breathe that's ego. As a self we are human beings, but what we are is there is nothing there. Who denies to not be human being, they are completely fooling themselves.

Please tell me a teacher or guru who denies the existence or ego? 

He's talking about temporary enlightenment experiences, not full enlightenment.

When do you claim to have have reached full Enlightenment? Sorry dont mean to doubt you, just people refer to so many different things, and armchair philosophy isnt conducive in these discussions

4 minutes ago, bambi said:

Are we calling Enlightenment the realisation/dissolving/dropping away/permenant cessation of the ego-self?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, bambi said:

What role can psychedelics play in that journey then? They can maybe make the path more clear?

They can obviously become a massive red herring.

If someone is very stubborn on the matter, for example they refuse to self-inquire into their existence or even look into the possibility, then I think it can help "open their mind." 

But it can also make someone mentally ungrounded and make them latch onto all sorts of lofty metaphysical ideas. Humans already have all sorts of crazy ideas just from the baseline state.

I would definitely not use it for "chasing truth" or any such endeavor. I think it's better to use it to spark curiosity instead of landing on lofty metaphysical conclusions, because the mind sticks to those like glue. But it's not like it's mandatory or anything, truth isn't conditional.

Describe a thought.

2 minutes ago, bambi said:

He's talking about temporary enlightenment experiences, not full enlightenment

He is not. As you see. 

Moreover, i can not be enlightened, when i drops enlightenment happens. There is no less or full enlightenment, enlightenment is enlightenment. You are maybe confused with awakening? 

Please tell me a teacher or video who says that ego leaves permanently?

1 minute ago, Osaid said:

Yes

Please put your hand on the fire.