Fredodoow

What Leo said on light meditation

53 posts in this topic

@Fredodoow 

When you start out it's normal that you have to get used to it first.

It's more a warning for when you are already doing it for years.

If you do it wrong and you are just daydreaming or deep thinking while meditating and not really pushing your consciousness then doing it daily won't get you anywhere.

So you want to stay open to other methods or switch your meditation style if you are not making progress with it.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

I see healing as pertaining to the domain of transformation

Any genuine insight into truth via contemplation leads to transformation as well I would say.

Becoming absolutely conscious means a shift in perception. And that shift in perception transforms everything about us. Natural wholeness gets restored. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Any genuine insight into truth via contemplation leads to transformation as well I would say.

Becoming absolutely conscious means a shift in perception. And that shift in perception transforms everything about us. Natural wholeness gets restored. 

I'd suggest there isn't a shift in perception because it's absolute. What shift would there be? Perception likely would go on as it is now.

As a side effect, likely, but they do not share the same purpose, one is aimed at consciousness, the other at growing and healing.

As the Buddha said, I'm paraphrasing, "I didn't gain anything by becoming enlightened". In a way, I also take that to mean "my experience didn't change." Afterwards, there might be a different relationship towards one's experience or a recontextualization, but I wouldn't know. 

Edited by UnbornTao

15 hours ago, tuku747 said:

You can easily get to DMT levels of consciousness in a single second of meditation. Believing anything less is self-doubt; a self-limiting belief.

Lol

15 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I'd suggest there isn't a shift in perception because it's absolute. What shift would there be? Perception likely would go on as it is now.

As a side effect, likely, but they do not share the same purpose, one is aimed at consciousness, the other at growing and healing.

As the Buddha said, I'm paraphrasing, "I didn't gain anything by becoming enlightened". 

Calling it a shift in perception is valid as well imo. 

First you perceive yourself to be a person. 

Then you perceive yourself to be The Absolute. 

That's not a small shift in perception. 

On 26/5/2024 at 2:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

Nothing hilarous about it.

You get to set your own point.

I set my point as understanding. I don't care about your bliss. If you care about it, good for you. But don't tell me what I care about.

Eventually you will realize that all the bliss in the world still left gaps in your understanding.

@Leo Gura fair point, ill just ask... Doesn't make more sense to you to first establish your way of being  and then explore anything?

If you go out to an expedition which guy you think Will go more Deep? The Guy that is full of energy and with confortable clothes or someone that is not and might avoid some places because of fear of suffering?

Is obvious there might be Legit information to explore that Buddhists Will never get just meditating. 

I respect your ways but lets say I find weird how you are going to access that information if you are not able to first generate a good state of consciousness internally.

In other words, How you are going to get your hands dirty into the Infinite Mind of God without a good internal expedition kit, It Will allow to go much deeper, not limit you.

On 26/5/2024 at 8:40 AM, Alexop said:

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

such a profound lack of bullshit here, i am truly blessed to have found this community

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Doesn't make more sense to you to first establish your way of being  and then explore anything?

Doesn't make more sense to first understand what you are doing before you do it?

Everyone assumes they understand and just start doing. And then it's too late, those people are lost.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5/26/2024 at 0:36 AM, Salvijus said:

You need only one moment of meditation to become enlightened. 

(it's a clever statement, don't take it at face value) 

Wiser words could not be said.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 hours ago, Salvijus said:

Calling it a shift in perception is valid as well imo. 

First you perceive yourself to be a person. 

Then you perceive yourself to be The Absolute. 

That's not a small shift in perception. 

Depends on what we're talking about. Becoming conscious sounds more fitting than to perceive oneself. But direct consciousness itself isn't about perception. But then again, if it's held loosely or as "metaphorical", no problem. I might be a bit pedantic about it, though.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Becoming conscious sounds more fitting  

That's synonymous with becoming more perceptive to me. 

To see directly = to perceive directly = to be conscious directly 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

Here's an interesting insight. 

If to perceive = to be conscious  

And to perceive = to experience 

Then 

Conciousness = experience. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

On 28/05/2024 at 5:17 AM, Salvijus said:

That's synonymous with becoming more perceptive to me. 

To see directly = to perceive directly = to be conscious directly 

That's the way you hold perception, so it's fine. I take it as a process, hence relative, mediated by biological inventions. And then there's the possibility of enlightenment which is neither a process nor relative. These distinctions help us create a space in our minds between a relative phenomena and absolute consciousness, being in the same place as the thing contemplated, so to speak.

On 28/05/2024 at 8:39 AM, Salvijus said:

Here's an interesting insight. 

If to perceive = to be conscious  

And to perceive = to experience 

Then 

Conciousness = experience. 

If it's true and deeply experienced, not to be confused with an intellectual conclusion or a believed formulation, then I think  it'd be solid, but I don't know.

Edited by UnbornTao