Brahman

Terrence Howard on Reality

367 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, zurew said:

Some of your attitudes towards Terrence Howard is not just being charitable, its a desperate attempt to trying to make his ideas true, cause it aligns with some of your deepest biases.

There's nothing cheritable about giving a person a chance to explain themselves and being open minded about it. 

Everything other than that, like attempts to ridicule, belittle, silence, attack is desperate and comes from bias.

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, zurew said:

if you take it to its logical end , you would need to conclude that you shouldn't study anyone ever (including actualized.org and Leo's work) cause it will corrupt your mind.

One day you will realize how scary true that is.

and btw the "corruption of the mind" argument goes both ways. If you don't engage with any other thought or insight outside of your own, you can easily get locked in your own bullshit as well.

I share a book list with you guys of 200+ books. Obviously stuff like that is worth reading. But at some point you have to go beyond the books, beyond human ideas.

Humans can offer you fresh perspectives. But eventually you gotta focus on developing sovereignty of mind.

Where you draw that line is up to you. And you don't have to draw it just once. You can go through phases, redrawing the line as needed. There are phases in my life where I study lots of human perspectives, and phases where I rely solely on myself.

Can you get value out of reading the entire canon of Western philosophy in meticulous detail? Sure. But also you will fill your head with some many concepts you might regret it at some point.

One of the top traps of our work is getting lost in concepts, models, theories, abstractions.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I share a book list with you guys of 200+ books.

Lol, checkmate.

You guys forget that Leo was a philosophic supernerd for the first 25 years of his life.

He now disregards books out of graduation of the material; not bypassing.

It's Love.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

There's nothing cheritable about giving a person a chance to explain themselves and being open minded about it

He was given multiple chances already. He was on rogan, he was at Oxford and he was on multiple other shows already and most of the things he said was incoherent or outright wrong. He also wrote a mathpaper and he couldn't deliver anything, he was rambling about the Annunaki.

You guys are conflating the term "open-minded" with being a motivated reasoner.  Being open minded doesn't entail  that you give all ideas a 50% chance of being right or 50% wrong up until it is debunked or up until it is proven right. It just means you don't completely rule out the possibility of an idea being right or true up until it is proven or disproven. That could mean that an idea  has a 0.0000001% chance of being right, so you don't completely rule out the possibility, but you still recognize that its very very unlikely that it will turn out to be true.

What you guys engage in is not open-mindedness, its motivated reasoning. You ignore all the times he is wrong and you ignore all the redflags regarding his beliefs and regarding his epistemology and you try to paint a picture where there is still in your mind a 50% chance of him being right about his remaining beliefs and sometimes you even overwrite some of the things he claimed in a desperate attempt to try to make it more coherent. At some point you overwrite some of his claims so much so , that its not even his claims anymore, but something different.

Some of you guys would go and bring up articles from the fucking 70s or 60s regarding institutional fuckups and corruption  to make an inductive argument in relation to why you don't trust institutions right now, but in this case, you don't make any inferences based on the wrong claims at all and you treat the truthvalue of each claim that comes from the exact same source completely separately.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

Lol, checkmate.

You guys forget that Leo was a philosophic supernerd for the first 25 years of his life.

He now disregards books out of graduation of the material; not bypassing.

To be honest, there is much philosophy I overlooked, but it is counter-productive for me to spend time reading it at this point.

It really depends on what stage you're at in this work.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura I get your point, that western and academic philosophy is full of bullshit, even if there's gems in it, it isn't worth the hassle and years of study, since that won't get you anywhere.

I personally think Western philosophy is very valuable, the reason most academic philosophers don't get enlightened is because they get too lost in the abstract concepts, but imagine combining these abstract western philosophy concepts, with hardcore spiritual practice and psychedelics, I think that's extremely valuable.

What do you mean by you can regret having certain concepts in your mind?

Because I always thought western philosophy makes you get to the point where you don't even know what to believe anymore, you get to this state of not knowing because of all the various contradictory viewpoints you understand, and here is where you are supposed to leave your books, do hardcore spirituality, get out of your cave and live the world, to let all this integrate into something whole.

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

Posted (edited)

@zurew Those who are genuine, they recognize the flaws and all the red flags but they don't get fixated on it but rather are trying to look beyond it to see if there is some kernel of truth to the proposed ideas that could benefit humanity. Because those are what we want. And we should always seek it with eagerness and excitement. 

However, those who are not genuine, will get super fixated on anything that they don't like that allows them to make the argument that the person is no good, empty talk, lunatic etc. And will use that as an excuse to not listen to his ideas anymore. And will try to bury that person with slander and character assassination.

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

However, those who are not genuine, will get super fixated on anything that they don't like that allows them to make the argument that the person is no good, empty talk, lunatic etc. And will use that as an excuse to not listen to his ideas anymore. And will try to bury that person with slander and character assassination.

Sure, I agree that name calling doesn't justified him being wrong, although those who did the name calling most of them did engage with his ideas and claims, and explained why he is wrong - but most of you didn't have anything to reply to that, other than trying to change the original claim for something different. - and that makes me think that you guys are hardcore motivated reasoners. 

Whats your reply to the professor Dave video? 

33 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

but they don't get fixated on it but rather are trying to look beyond it to see if there is some kernel of truth to the proposed ideas that could benefit humanity.

Thats a very weak claim though, because that could be said about literally anything. "there might be some kernel of truth in this claim or in this line of thinking".

This is why I accused you guys of being motivated reasoners and dishonest about this. Cause you claim more than just the above, you think his ideas are plausibly true not just that there is a slight possibility that they are true, because otherwise you would run the same defense with the same effort and intensity for literally any idea, but you don't.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, Ayham said:

What do you mean by you can regret having certain concepts in your mind?

Eventually you will go so far in this work that you will realize that no concept given to you from a human is good enough, and you will drop all that in order to derive everything by yourself from scratch based on your direct experiences. And as you do this, you will grow faster in a month than you did in years. You will feel every philosophical concept just holding you back from doing the real work.

The real work is not based in theory or logical deduction or philosophy. And I am not just talking about Awakening. I'm talking about understanding all the dynamics of yourself and your mind. How you work.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 28. 05. 2024. at 2:39 AM, Leo Gura said:

The one thing I heard him say right is that we are all God. So points for that. But even Alex Jones says stuff like that sometimes.

Bro how are you still hating on Alex Jones in big 2024 after he was right on most things he said 🤣🤣🤣

I wonder if one day you will actually have the guts to admit you were wrong for hating on Alex just how you were admiting your mistakes in the last episode, if that day comes that may be your 9/11

Do you really still think there isn't a child pedophilia ring run by the elites where they fuck children, kill them, drink their blood, and do all sorts of insane ritualistic stuff? Of course they do it for the sake of black magic, that's basically the most effective way of doing black magic, i think this may be the missing piece of the puzzle for you which makes you deny these things, you probably think it makes no sense for them to be pedophiles just for the sake of it with which i agree but pedophilia is basically the best source of black magic which is exactly why they do it, and black magic is of course done for the wordly things, this is the reason why these people are the richest on the planet, because black magic gives you the wordly in the exchange for some kind of sacrifice of energy of yourself or another being while white magic gives you God embodyment in the exchange for the wordly, you basically have to give up the wordly to get it, give up things like sex, food, sleep, money, power, etc. 

You really need to get deeper into this stuff man, this is an important part of spirituality that you have ignored which would help you with things like: embodying God, your health problems, understanding the reasoning behind the things elites do, superpowers, etc.

And also it would help you to understand that Terrence is right, gravity doesn't really exist, it only exists if one indulges in the physical dimension completely (and white magic makes a person go beyond that).

2 minutes ago, strika said:

Bro how are you still hating on Alex Jones in big 2024 after he was right on most things he said 🤣🤣🤣

I wonder if one day you will actually have the guts to admit you were wrong for hating on Alex just how you were admiting your mistakes in the last episode, if that day comes that may be your 9/11

Do you really still think there isn't a child pedophilia ring run by the elites where they fuck children, kill them, drink their blood, and do all sorts of insane ritualistic stuff? Of course they do it for the sake of black magic, that's basically the most effective way of doing black magic, i think this may be the missing piece of the puzzle for you which makes you deny these things, you probably think it makes no sense for them to be pedophiles just for the sake of it with which i agree but pedophilia is basically the best source of black magic which is exactly why they do it, and black magic is of course done for the wordly things, this is the reason why these people are the richest on the planet, because black magic gives you the wordly in the exchange for some kind of sacrifice of energy of yourself or another being while white magic gives you God embodyment in the exchange for the wordly, you basically have to give up the wordly to get it, give up things like sex, food, sleep, money, power, etc. 

You really need to get deeper into this stuff man, this is an important part of spirituality that you have ignored which would help you with things like: embodying God, your health problems, understanding the reasoning behind the things elites do, superpowers, etc.

And also it would help you to understand that Terrence is right, gravity doesn't really exist, it only exists if one indulges in the physical dimension completely (and white magic makes a person go beyond that).

and where can reptilians fit into this? :ph34r:

@strika

Occult and conspiracy theories are different things.

And if you say some stuff, it doesn't mean the same things others say.

1 minute ago, zurew said:

and where can reptilians fit into this? :ph34r:

Even tho i don't really care about the reptilians topic i do think that could also be true in some way because i know a human being can do black and white magic so i don't see why reality wouldn't be able to allow morphing, i mean if flying, teleporting, healing, materializing is possible, why wouldn't morphing be? I'm open to it but i don't care about it as of now

Just now, Nemra said:

@strika

Occult and conspiracy theories are different things.

And if you say some stuff, it doesn't mean the same things others say.

Isn't a pedophile ring considered a conspiracy? 

Posted (edited)

51 minutes ago, zurew said:

Sure, I agree that name calling doesn't justified him being wrong, although those who did the name calling most of them did engage with his ideas and claims, and explained why he is wrong - but most of you didn't have anything to reply to that, other than trying to change the original claim for something different. - and that makes me think that you guys are hardcore motivated reasoners. 

Even if you see somebody being wrong, there is no reason to ridicule them if you're genuine. @Brahman is a good example. He looked into the material deeper and made a new conclusion that there is lack of substance to Howard's theories. There were no insults going on. No attacking. No mocking. Just a simple observation based on his research and capacity to understand. 

Whats your reply to the professor Dave video? 

Now comparing that with David's video. What is there to comment. First of all, the vibe was very unpleasant for me full of slander and name calling and what not. It was hard for me to watch. I don't like watching negativity. Second of all, such review videos like David's don't mean anything unless Howard is there to respond and defend his theories. Anyone can make a solo debunk video these days. That is not how genuine people approach and handle things. Simply trashing someone on your privite video 40mim straight is really lame. 

Thats a very weak claim though, because that could be said about literally anything. "there might be some kernel of truth in this claim or in this line of thinking".

This attitude that there could be a kernel of truth in everything and that we should stay open to that possibility and eager to find it is not a weak position. It's the most powerful position. 

This is why I accused you guys of being motivated reasoners and dishonest about this. Cause you claim more than just the above, you think his ideas are plausibly true not just that there is a slight possibility that they are true, because otherwise you would run the same defense with the same effort and intensity for literally any idea, but you don't.

I'm not sure who you're referring to here. I personally don't care if he is proven wrong. But the idea that he may be true is more exciting to me because I want to see new discoveries. That's my motivator reasoning. I think everyone should have such a motivation. It's the best motivation to have. If you're not on the side of seeing new levels of truth. Then what side are you on? Must be ego then. 

Edited by Salvijus

@Leo Gura I think I got what you mean, these concepts can hold you back from investigating everything purely for yourself.

I agree with the idea that ideas derived from others won't be enough, specifically because it's indirect experience.

It's a real trap that each worldview thinks itself immune, even the spiritual one, Buddhist one, psychedelics one, etc. who usually think they are above this, so deriving answers for yourself is key, which is much easier said than done, I notice that even most forum members here either subscribe to traditional spiritual thought, or blindly follow you.

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Now comparing that with David's video. What is there to comment. First of all, the vibe was very unpleasant for me full of slander and name calling and what not. It was hard for me to watch. I don't like watching negativity. Second of all, such review videos like David's don't mean anything unless Howard is there to respond and defend his theories. Anyone can make a solo debunk video these days. That is not how genuine people approach and handle things. Simply trashing someone on your privite video 40mim straight is really lame. 

Sounds like you are not engaging with the substance matter and you write Dave's arguments off based on outside factors that are not related to the truth value of his arguments  and you don't evaluate each claim seperately. I have someone for you who made an argument why this is a bad  thing to do ;)

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

However, those who are not genuine, will get super fixated on anything that they don't like that allows them to make the argument that the person is no good, empty talk, lunatic etc. And will use that as an excuse to not listen to his ideas anymore.

Edited by zurew

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, strika said:

Isn't a pedophile ring considered a conspiracy? 

I don't know. Maybe. But I know conspiracy theorists like to talk about pedophilia.

Pedophilia isn't an occult thing.

However, conspiracy theorists like to take things from the occult and brainwash themselves and others.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, zurew said:

Sounds like you are not engaging with the substance matter and you write Dave's arguments off based on outside factors that are not related to the truth value of his arguments  and you don't evaluate each claim seperately. I have someone for you who made an argument why this is a bad  thing to do ;)

That's not the same thing. The thing is I don't qualify to tell if his arguments are good or bad. I'm not a scientists. Only Howard can defend his ideas. So what's the point of me watching 40mins of trash talk? What will I do with that info? It's like eating energetic poo for no reason. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's not the same thing. The thing is I don't qualify to tell if his arguments are good or bad. I'm not a scientists. Only Howard can defend his ideas. So what's the point of me watching 40mins of trash talk? What will I do with that info? It's like eating energetic poo for no reason. 

What will I do with that info. And besides. The info in these solo debunk videos have no weight unless Howard is there to defend his ideas. So... 

It's all the lame people who gather to watch such videos to find more reason to ridicule and slander Howard when they have no understanding of science whatsoever and who's right and who's wrong. They just take sides anyway. 

I'm not interested in such activities. I would like to see genuine friendly discussions instead. 

Edited by Salvijus