Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enchanted

I'd like feedback with this quote please...

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd like opinions on this quote by Giordano Bruno and how well it corresponds to what Leo is saying. I want to use this quote, as further "evidence" to help people see that Leo is correct and that the individual person can realize they indeed are God (albeit from one perspective). 

Here's the quote...

"Unless you make yourself equal to God, you cannot understand God: for the like is not intelligible save to the like. Make yourself grow to a greatness beyond measure, by a bound free yourself from the body; raise yourself above all time, become Eternity; then you will understand God. Believe that nothing is impossible for you, think yourself immortal and capable of understanding all, all arts, all sciences, the nature of every living being. Mount higher than the highest height; descend lower than the lowest depth. Draw into yourself all sensations of everything created, fire and water, dry and moist, imagining that you are everywhere, on earth, in the sea, in the sky, that you are not yet born, in the maternal womb, adolescent, old, dead, beyond death. If you embrace in your thought all things at once, times, places, substances, qualities, quantities, you may understand God."

Edited by enchanted

This is your 3rd thread on this quote.

Yes, we see it.

Yes, Bruno was Woke. And they killed him.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'll say that I relate with it; especially after talking and hanging out with religious friends lately. They claim to love God and want to be as close to him as possible but the very notion of being God, seeing the world like God, using the creative power of God or thinking like God is somehow ridiculous to them? Fascinating concept. 

It's understandable though; I do have the same paradox. I do feel really unlimited and infinitely powerful but have a hard time grasping, understanding and accepting my own limitations. 

<3

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is your 3rd thread on this quote.

Yes, we see it.

Yes, Bruno was Woke. And they killed him.

Thank you Leo!  you are the Socrates/Bruno/Plato of our time.....corrupting the youth and all....it's a pleasure being apart of this group

Edited by enchanted