Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

Sleep is utterly foundational for me

4 posts in this topic

I’ve noticed every area of my life suffers when I don’t respect sleep. I chose to stay up the other night to 4am. My choice and every choice comes with responsibility and some sort of result. It resulted in a horrible day at work and me being unable to do all my tasks. I’m realizing we really have to choose what we know is good for us in the long term over the short term. My conflict here is that I do sometimes like to go out on the weekend on dates. I usually like to drink with my dates and maybe stay out late. I believe I’m sensitive when it comes to a sleep schedule because I can stick to sleeping from 1am-9am for weeks but if one night comes along where I’m up to 6/7am. It then takes me many days to get back to a normal schedule. Anyone sensitive like this? Were any of you able to bring down your sensitivity and get you sleep more under your control? It would be nice to be able to stay up real late once we week but I’m going to maybe just let this go if I have to if it means I’m more productive and healthy in the long run. 

Posted (edited)

Of course if you go to bed at 6am that will screw up your whole sleep schedule. That's not "sensitive", that's just how sleep cycles work.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course if you go to bed at 6am that will screw up your whole sleep schedule. That's not "sensitive", that's just how sleep cycles work.

I was able to do this more though when I was younger. I used to be more flexible. For example it’s easy not get stuck than it is to get unstuck. 30 nights in a row done well and all it takes is 1 night to perhaps throw off an entire week since so much is founded upon good sleep (studying, focus, creativity, habits). Maybe It’s an age thing. I just know people who seem to be really flexible where they can do an occasional night of partying and they have no problem going back to their health habit. 

Partying till 6am?

That's gonna screw you up. And yes, it will get worse as you age.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.