emil1234

what is it about looking at ur hands thats magical

17 posts in this topic

i first realized this during an acid trip, where i spend literally 12 hours just staring at my hands, baffling at their existence. since then ive always been able to put myself into kind of a mini trip just by looking at my hands. i dont know what its about, but there something magical about hands.

ive heard several people on here mention it, including leo in some of his videos, and yesterday my friend had his first mystical experience on lsd, and all he did was stare at his hands the entire trip

why are hands magical?

Smelling them is nice too it can be weirdly comforting

It’s a mystery 

3 minutes ago, emil1234 said:

i first realized this during an acid trip, where i spend literally 12 hours just staring at my hands, baffling at their existence. since then ive always been able to put myself into kind of a mini trip just by looking at my hands. i dont know what its about, but there something magical about hands.

ive heard several people on here mention it, including leo in some of his videos, and yesterday my friend had his first mystical experience on lsd, and all he did was stare at his hands the entire trip

why are hands magical?

First off hands are a fibonacci ratio masterpiece. Therr is fibonacci all over our bodies. If you measure different proportions on your hand you will get the golden ratio.

They are so complex that if you look at your hand during a dream back to front, it wont be able to get generated properly and will turn into something else

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo interesting. however during the only 2 times i experienced lucid dreaming, i "woke up" inside the dream, by looking at my hands, and i remember distinctly i was amazed that my hands looked so fucking real, they werent distorted at all

19 minutes ago, emil1234 said:

@Dodo interesting. however during the only 2 times i experienced lucid dreaming, i "woke up" inside the dream, by looking at my hands, and i remember distinctly i was amazed that my hands looked so fucking real, they werent distorted at all

Did you flip them back to front? Would be surprised.  My hands appeared to have fins at best and turned into elephant trunk another time. Its the best way to find out you're dreaming (lucid dreaming) interesting you were lucid without checking your hands, this only happened to me when I was younger, natural lucid dreams.

In this thread I talk about these thinfs

-1/12 is Infinity 

no i became lucid the moment i looked at my hands and they looked completely normal and real. my hands triggered the lucid dreaming basically

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, emil1234 said:

no i became lucid the moment i looked at my hands and they looked completely normal and real. my hands triggered the lucid dreaming basically

But it makes no sense to me, if your hands were perfectly normal then.. how did you know ur dreaming xD. The idea is that if your hand turns to elephant trunk or anything else crazy you know its dream instantly as its your own hand and you know it well.

Usually we dont spot crazy things as crazy in a dream because our logical part of mind is sleeping, but when its your own hand, it works.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo yea i see what u mean, that wasnt at all my experience. i think what made me lucid was that when i looked at my hands, they looked just as real as everyday life, not at all like in a dream. almost more real than real tbh. id rate the experience pretty significant, on par with some of my psychedelic trips

I usually become lucid in night dreams through the hands. But they never turn into anything, the fingers just seems to shrink. But other than that they’re always a hand. There’s many things you can focus on, numbers are good. Or words, try to read and the letters will jump around or words change into other words. But all these things you must focus for a period of time, a good 5 to 10 seconds on a particular point. In a dream very much like most peoples waking life, your going around very invested in the narrative without stopping and focusing too much on any one thing. But when you do, you can become lucid very easily in your nightly dream.

I remember years ago also Leo said he would just spend 20 minutes a day looking at his hand. He urged us to do it, over and over, just stare at the hand in a type of meditation. He said watch what happens you may be very surprised what happens. I done this religiously for a while but never ever got to the bottom of what this realisation may have been. After a period of time I could get the sort of swirl you get when staring at anything for a bit concentrated, like very mild effects of the visuals on lsd. Which is one of the triggers I can have to help trigger an awakening on a trip. The visual aspect. But nowhere near to the extent of an lsd trip. I’ve always wondered what that surprise might be. But I do not know. Unless that’s it and I’m expecting more

Posted (edited)

Once on a mushroom trip I looked at my hands and they seemed strange, alien, twisted, monstrous. Everything I looked at had that same quality, threatening, unfamiliar, hostile, but the hands were the hands of a demon. Fortunately I managed to turn that environment into something, let's say, fluid. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Hands are the huggers of everything. 

Posted (edited)

Because it's the closest way of looking directly at yourself. Unless maybe you got huge tits.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, emil1234 said:

why are hands magical?

Because they are right there in front of you.  What you are trying to do is get as close to actuality as you can.  Looking at your hands is actual and it's the closest thing to you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it's the closest way of looking directly at yourself. Unless maybe you got huge tits.

I don't think it would have the same effect.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I don't think it would have the same effect.  

They are definitely more magical than hands, its all my hands think about 👐 

-1/12 is Infinity