Sabth

What if someone read my diaries?

12 posts in this topic

My family stole my things including my diaries. I'd rather not call them "my fam" ... Cuz it wasn't my parents . (But who knows ? It could be them (too) ). It was my siblings. My older sister and my younger brother. My first eldest sister and my youngest brother aren't home during that time. They live away from home. So it wasn't them. A sister whom I went to university together with and my youngest bro whom im closest to. So what should I do? It could be my dad. My mom , or them. 

Posted (edited)

I went to my sister's room..  she has like a collection of books that are many since back then a long time ago. It's a hobby that we shared. But she's much more of a reader than me. She had completed her masters degree. 

Well, and nothing was lost. In her collection. This sister aren't here. She lives elsewhere. But, I'm shaking cuz I saw the collection that we had. My first diary, we all have it. My aunt gave it to me and us all. Each one of it. For us. She kinda started it. After that, I only buy the same brand the same type of notebook for my diaries. (I have lots of it over the years.. ) Though now it is no longer being sold. 

She gave us in 2012. (Before that I had other types of diaries. ) 

After looking at my sister's diary (her versions of it) , I realized that I have mistaken about the brand. I couldn't remember it correctly. (I've been searching for it online). It is actually a pop urban, not pop bazic. Another brand which are similar. This is my thing to buy this same type of notebook whenever I've finished writing in each diary. 

So it was like this : 

First I saw my second sister's diary 

In my first sister's room/collection. I just wanna see how it looks like cuz I have kinda forgotten how it looks like. I couldn't remember the words that are written on it. So I wanna look again, to my surprise, it is pop urban and not pop bazic. Just looking at these diaries that we all once had , I'm just shaking. Mine was stolen and gone. This thing is from 2012. Given by our aunt. To all of us as a gift. B612_20240521_224051_044.jpg

Only mine was in good condition. I take care of it well I guess. And all the writings in my diaries are all black, with only words. With the same handwriting. All in English. And at the back of it, I had a watercolour portrait of my fav artist. That I paint. A little bit. This diary had a pocket in it and that's what I put in mine. It was so precious. My diary is hot pink. 

This is my first sister's version : 

B612_20240521_224252_035.jpg

I am surprised to find my second sister's (the first green one) 

Both the bands are loose. (Mine aren't like this.) I have a collection of these diaries throughout the years... And I have different types too as these are no longer available in store... 

B612_20240521_224258_387.jpg

The back pocket :

B612_20240521_224123_857.jpg

And the insides : 

B612_20240521_224131_196.jpg

Mine are fully written with no pages left. 

I do miss my diaries....  And my artworks.  

Edited by Sabth

Posted (edited)

Before I look for these books, I looked up online to see if there's anything like it left, even just a picture . Like an embossed flowery notebook, or something pretty, like mine. But couldn't find it. It was meant to last for  my next generations when I have it. I know it will no longer be sold in the future. I wanna keep my diaries until when I'm old.

This is what I found in my searching just now, before I went to my sister's room : 

Screenshot_2024-05-21-22-35-03-18_1174903e0f2074c2920fc8a400f70039.jpgScreenshot_2024-05-21-22-33-29-11_df80084b9b2d1b20a1d541035bc91336.jpgScreenshot_2024-05-21-22-33-12-87_df80084b9b2d1b20a1d541035bc91336.jpgScreenshot_2024-05-21-22-32-48-01_df80084b9b2d1b20a1d541035bc91336.jpgScreenshot_2024-05-21-23-41-56-33_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpgScreenshot_2024-05-21-23-42-13-68_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpgScreenshot_2024-05-21-23-42-27-55_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpgScreenshot_2024-05-21-23-42-38-50_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

It's similar... But not quite like it.

It's not the same production same brand. Similar quality. And my writings.... 

Edited by Sabth

I've always write in my diaries , that this is the eighteen year old me   writing to my older self. Sixteen years old, seventeen years old, etc.  

.... This is so sad, that I can't read her words.

My other "recent" diary looks like this : 

Screenshot_2024-05-21-23-57-27-33_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

I bought it with my first sister when we went to a museum with her friends one day. I write a lot in it because it has no lines. So you could imagine a free flow writing in it. Compact. I think I use it until 2018. I may have bought it in 2015 OR 2016. Idk. 

Posted (edited)

My diaries that I care about are all digital in Obsidian (my newer) and older is in OneNote.

I could encrypt it, so nobody unless under threat would read it. Or I'm silly and left my device unlocked. But regardless, I could create a new Obsidian Vault in an even more encrypted and restrictive environment (Such as inside a digital Windows/Linux virtual machine, and encrypt that whole thing) lol.

But I also have some handwritten stuff, but it treat it more ephemerally, so if I lost it, it wouldn't be as much of a big deal.

Also, even if I lost my main digital diaries, I remember the structure my journaling/notes/process already, I would slowly build it all back up from a fresh perspective. So, whenever I'd remember of a specific page that I miss, I could rewrite it as soon as I remembered it existed.

It wouldn't be the same, but our brains are similar to Large Language Model AIs, you kinda just need to give yourself the same question, and it will give somewhat the same answers, luckily this time, even fresher.

---

It's possible to get it really secure. Might buy a money vault for your physical diaries if you got the cash hahaha.

Edited by Lucasxp64

4 hours ago, Lucasxp64 said:

My diaries that I care about are all digital in Obsidian (my newer) and older is in OneNote.

I could encrypt it, so nobody unless under threat would read it. Or I'm silly and left my device unlocked. But regardless, I could create a new Obsidian Vault in an even more encrypted and restrictive environment (Such as inside a digital Windows/Linux virtual machine, and encrypt that whole thing) lol.

But I also have some handwritten stuff, but it treat it more ephemerally, so if I lost it, it wouldn't be as much of a big deal.

Also, even if I lost my main digital diaries, I remember the structure my journaling/notes/process already, I would slowly build it all back up from a fresh perspective. So, whenever I'd remember of a specific page that I miss, I could rewrite it as soon as I remembered it existed.

It wouldn't be the same, but our brains are similar to Large Language Model AIs, you kinda just need to give yourself the same question, and it will give somewhat the same answers, luckily this time, even fresher.

---

It's possible to get it really secure. Might buy a money vault for your physical diaries if you got the cash hahaha.

I just bought a new diaries , like this one , 

On 5/22/2024 at 0:01 AM, Sabth said:

My other "recent" diary looks like this : 

Screenshot_2024-05-21-23-57-27-33_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

I bought it with my first sister when we went to a museum with her friends one day. I write a lot in it because it has no lines. So you could imagine a free flow writing in it. Compact. I think I use it until 2018. I may have bought it in 2015 OR 2016. Idk. 

Recently, but I have nothing much left to write. So I only wrote a little. 

I have a lot of digital diaries, since 2014. In my phone, but I also write sometimes. So there's a book for it still. Right now, even one of my phone was stolen , so the diaries in that time frame are gone. My broken phones are still with me so I could still read my old diaries there. Though one of my phone I had forgotten the password. I had forgotten a lot of password after a month they put me in the hospital. 

These are like my previous diary , same brand. But the others, are no longer available. Are no longer being made. 2012 etc. 

IMG_20240709_045143.jpgScreenshot_2024-07-09-04-24-43-22_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

: /

Posted (edited)

That looks pretty cool! I like the patterns!

You should use some cloud-backed up apps. Like I said, OneNote by Microsoft. Obsidian is a bit more complicated and nerdy to use.

Also just Google Keep is also really nice, but for me it was lacking in features, so I ended up with Obsidian after all. I use SyncThing to sync across my phone and computer, plus it helps me keep other files synced up, like my voice diaries.

I also use on my computer "Duplicati" which makes a backup every 6 minutes of that Obsidian folder, and it keeps previous versions in a smart way. It keeps 12 copies, one for each of the last 12 months, one copy for each day of the past week, etc.

So, even if I corrupt my notes at some point, I can go back to a previous version.

Also I use "VEEAM BACKUP" to backup my entire Windows disk, once per day it makes a perfect clone of it (in a fast way) even while it's turned on!

So I can even roll back my entire computer to 7 days in the past (or more!), one per day.

Once I have more money I'll increase my storage and have even more backups hahah!

When it comes to passwords, I use a password manager, I use Bitwarden.

But it takes discipline to setup and keep those kinds of backups running.

You can try to recover data from password protected phones, perhaps try to reset by the Google account registered there.

Edited by Lucasxp64

You know when I have no one supporting me on my back? When my father had betrayed me. I had to do it by myself. Not even my mother. She didn't do anything when I told her that my things are missing. Instead she's trying to blame it to myself. 

I don't even know if it was her. Doing it. 

She didn't take care of the house. She let thieves in when I'm not at the house. Or maybe the thieves are already in. 

Posted (edited)

@Lucasxp64 TikTok logged out my account and I forgot the password. This happened just now 🙁 I did put my Gmail account there and my phone number (now I've changed it) but it says that it didn't have it. Because I create a new account with that email. So that email haven't been used for my previous TikTok account that I forgot it's password. Idk. Because since last year, I don't have any other Gmail account. That is my one and only. 

I just miss my private videos on TikTok. Memories. I didn't set that account to private but I hv a lot of videos that are private in it. I tried to search for that account since tonight but it didn't appear. When other times it appears just fine. Even my comments from that account on other videos couldn't be found. I try to search my comments that received many likes. Because I want to click on my profile, but couldn't find it. It all went missing ..  I thought I write everything since last year behind a book but I didn't.  

I think my life is over . It's tiring. That account would be 1 year + 

Do you think my account was hacked? It can no longer be found. And my comment across the platform can no longer be traced. 

Edited by Sabth