Lyubov

Check your AC for black mold!!!

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I made this thread the other day. 

My health has been a somewhat problem for me more recently, with this problem getting worse recently. I will often get mild flu symptoms and just general poor health. I am confused because my diet is solid. I walk a lot. Get a lot of sun. It's been bothering me. I will go to sleep at night with the AC on and wake up sick and I think it's a temperature thing in the room so I would wear a hat and stay warm and still nope.

Anyways I went to my unit today out of curiosity, opened it up and it was absolutely disgusting, filled with black mold and dust caked on. I instantly started sneezing and it is the same sorta sneeze I get when I come back home and turn it on. How the fuck did I miss this? Just looking at it it looked fine. I started reflecting on the places I have lived the last two years and all have in common that they were incredibly dusty environments with mold. I don't think this is from having COVID from 2 years ago but from not really taking my environment seriously and cleaning for mold. 

So I'm hoping this cures my issue and I can finally get an idea of why I have been struggling with this. I feel even better having removed the AC unit from my room, air has already improved. 

So if you are having health issues, it could be something in the environment. Check for mold!!!

Edited by Lyubov

18 hours ago, Lyubov said:

I will go to sleep at night with the AC on and wake up sick

I wonder if it is the actual AC that's making you sick. Personally, I have a very low tolerance for AC, and the few times I had to sleep in such a place, I'd always wake up with an itchy throat and a clogged sinuses.  The mould probably isn't helping either 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Just curious, but do you live in an area with high air pollution (PM 2.5)? I got myself a PM 2.5 measurement device and an air purifier for when I lived close to a highway tunnel last year, and it helped a lot with various symptoms (eye, nose, throat and lung irritation, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, and shortness of breath).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.