Ross Labby

How Do I Move On From A Bad Experience With Weed?

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok so last night I took a 5mg edible and out of nowhere (probably wasn’t exactly out of nowhere, but I can’t exactly remember how) this feeling of loneliness and meaninglessness in some sort of existential way just kind of hit me. I was just sitting down in my room and started thinking randomly and then BOOM. Last time a took an edible I had some positive insights which were nothing big but definitely helpful. And I wanted that again this time.

And while I’ve never had an overall bad experience with weed, I’ve had bad moments which I was able to pull myself out of. But this one for some reason just pulled me in and it was hard to let go of. I tried not to resist and thank god didn't end up panicking. I called a friend who happened to help calm things down a bit, but now the morning after I feel a little better, but it’s still there lurking in the background.

The weird thing is that I’ve taken weed many times and sometimes with higher doses, but then again its been a while as I don’t take weed often. I also thought maybe its cause i started meditating again a few days ago so maybe things started to surface idk. Also, I was in an okay mood before taking the edible, but not a great one. I enjoy taking an edible here and there but I’m kind of nervous now.

Anyways, just wondering how to cope with/move on from this and if this is a common and normal thing? Would love to hear your advice and input.

Edited by Ross Labby
Title

Have you tried Fireside Project? (they currently only operate in the USA).  I’ve contacted them a few times when I was going through challenging trips and they were really helpful! 

@Yimpa I live in Canada so it might be expensive to call, but thank you for the suggestion regardless.

7 minutes ago, Ross Labby said:

@Yimpa I live in Canada so it might be expensive to call, but thank you for the suggestion regardless.

Oh nice! From their FAQs page:

Is this service available to anyone in the world?

We currently only offer service to people in the United States. But we hope to expand internationally soon, starting with Canada.

You just stop thinking about it, focus on other things, don't take any psychedelics, and let time pass.

Pretty soon you will forget about it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

don't take any psychedelics, and let time pass

Weed is not a psyhedelics.

Just now, Peo said:

Weed is not a psyhedelics.

Yes it is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Anyone who dismisses the psychedelic properties of cannabis is severely unaware of how deep the rabbit hole goes with THC. I've had experiences smoking weed (I have zero tolerance nowadays as well and also found my relationship with it changing after numerous mystical experiences via psychedelics) that are comparable to how people describe 5-MeO-DMT.

I do not deny you can have a psychedlic experience on cannabis, but i am using the scientific classification of drugs. Like simulants, halluciongens, depressant, opiods etc. Cannabis is its own classifcation of drug.

@Leo Gura Ok thank you I’ll do that. Slowly I’m feeling better so definitely it’s passing with time especially by not resisting it and letting it run its course. Even though I know I’ll have to let it go for my own well being, for some reason I feel kind of guilty for not facing it (this existential sense of loneliness and meaningless). I know I shouldn’t feel guilty and maybe I’m not ready to face it yet idk.

And it also sucks that this happened because the main reason why I take edibles are usually for creatives reasons which I enjoy but it’s probably for the best to take a break from them for a while and focus on other practical things. Like currently I’m focusing on life purpose and dating stuff in my life and I wouldn’t want weed and its side effects to interfere with these currently, especially in a negative way.

@Cubbage True, people can definitely underestimate the rabbit hole of THC and what that entails

@Cubbage Tripping has changed the way all drugs affect me. I used to hate alcohol, couldn't even take a sip of it for years. Now alcohol puts me into very profound states of consciousness, universal connection and flow. It's still alcohol in the end of the day, that's clear to me, but how it affects me now and how it did before; is like day and night.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

@Davino

Alcohol puts me in a meditative state. I think it makes it easier to put yourself in states that you have already achieved. I don't know if it can help generate a new experience. It certainly shuts down the contemplative mind, in my experience.

Also, I haven't drank any alcohol in my teens. I hated it.

Edited by Nemra

@Nemra It's the contrast what shocks me the most honestly.

After so much tripping, I'm getting a taste of intoxicant with all substances and even with just getting horny or hungry, I feel the chemicals in my body.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

@Davino 

Me too.

After lots of meditation, my senses have heightened. It feels like I'm feeling everything when I become self-aware or drink alcohol.

Edited by Nemra

@Nemra have you done meditation retreats before? 

Posted (edited)

@Yimpa

You mean a place where people meditate? If so, no.

I have only meditated at home. The longest time I have meditated was for a month, for at least 4-5 hours per day.

Edited by Nemra

12 hours ago, Cubbage said:

Anyone who dismisses the psychedelic properties of cannabis is severely unaware of how deep the rabbit hole goes with THC. I've had experiences smoking weed (I have zero tolerance nowadays as well and also found my relationship with it changing after numerous mystical experiences via psychedelics) that are comparable to how people describe 5-MeO-DMT.

The worst trips of my life have been from weed. Telepathy is real. People respond to my inner monologue. Not in a positive way. They're watching me

I have done 0.5 gram weed edibles before, nothing spirtual or mind-blowing stuff happens. I only get a really hard dick on high dose of weed. Weed for me is kinda weak in compared to shrooms. 

I guess weed affect people different.