mmKay

The Myopic 🐊 Crocodile Lense. The Avalanche and Overlooking the Glacier.

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm enjoying the crocodile memes but unlike Leo I don't believe crocodiles are the perfect allegory for life.

Yes, crocodile-like dangers have the most severe consecuences :  sudden death or setting you back decades in life ( picking up a hitchhiker at 4 am, falling for scams, not looking before crossing the road...

Similar to the crocodile trap but not that immediate, I'd like to add the avalanche-like traps  ( you can screw around minimally. Minimal leeway before the inevitable pain/ danger .  Very shortly an unstoppable world of pain arrives . Just one step in the wrong direction will trigger the cascade : debt, doing drugs, getting in fights, unsafe driving practices, doing crime , unsafe s@x...

But actually the more accurate allegory for life more like a Glacier: 

A slow , predictable, gradual mass of pure danger that slowly inches towards your demise over time. 

These are the long term EXPONENTIAL threats,  THE MOST overlooked because they develop so gradually .

In this case failure is the result of small mistakes repeated over a long period of time, not an one time big event.

Not working out, never going to the doc, smoking, substance  abuse, chronic stress, laziness, addictions, bad spending habits, lack of work ethic, bad company, poor diet, bad sleep habits, stuck in comfort, procrastination, bad time management...

Once the glacier gets your feet, you have a small chance to break off, IF YOU DON'T react, soon enough you will be swallowed by the ice. 

Note : sometimes massive chunks of glacier snap off causing an avalanche ( a slow threat can become dangerous sooner than expected)

Answer this : What are the glaciers in your life?

But yeah if you get snatched, life is unforgiving. Sometimes it's just natural selection . ( Sorry )

So I'd like Leo to give a public apology to the intelectual community and feature my ambush predator mega- thread on the junk sub forum.

Cheers 

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

@mmKay I am sending my crocodile to haunt you in your dreams.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura " I'll send fork-tongued demon crocodiles to love-bite your last precious testicle in your dreams"

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

There's a word for it - it's called Cascading, spiralling or snowballing type of a trap. 

Examples that come to my head - 

A long term bad relationship. 

A bad investment. 

A neglected injury 

Neglected health 

Covid vaccine 

Spiritual gurus 

Student debt 

All addictions 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words.