LSD-Rumi

Jordan Belfort is still scamming people

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The notoriously known scammer, Jordan Belfort, widely popularized by The blockbuster movie, the Wolf of Wall Street, is still scamming people. How on Earth would people still throw their money on a person who is known and was jailed for scamming and he even arrogantly admitted it?

A Ponzi scheme company hired him as its spokesman, which is very wild, but surprisingly worked out!

Edited by LSD-Rumi

How would you like to die, Tyrion son of Tywin?”

“In my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden’s mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty,” he replied.

The movie glamourized his life. Immature people see that movie and wish they could be him. Just like how immature people wish that they could be Trump.

If you are peak Orange, Jordan Belford and Trump are your God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I guess his punishment wasn't severe enough for him to feel the pain and need to evolve to a stage green consciousness. Fascinating how that works. 

On 20-5-2024 at 0:36 AM, LordFall said:

I guess his punishment wasn't severe enough for him to feel the pain and need to evolve to a stage green consciousness. Fascinating how that works. 

That would be developing more his red side to blue I think. 

On 20/05/2024 at 1:36 AM, LordFall said:

If the movie portrait it right, he was given only 3 years, in a private prison, which looked nothing like a prison. Piece of shit at the end of the movie made himself look like he moved beyond such things and matured into a real business man, but I guess until you beat your dog straight, he won't stop eating your chickens.

How would you like to die, Tyrion son of Tywin?”

“In my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden’s mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty,” he replied.

On 19-5-2024 at 5:31 PM, Leo Gura said:

The movie glamourized his life. Immature people see that movie and wish they could be him. Just like how immature people wish that they could be Trump.

Don't forget American Psycho. I have seen an interview once with Christian Bale where peak Orange people were worshipping the movie. He asked them if they knew that the book and movie is one big satire, but it completely did not register for them. That whole life style is worshipped by Orange.

Also I have heard in 2010 from my former colleagues who were working in the banking sector in when the financial crisis happened in 2008, no (moral) lessons were learned by the industry. They were at it again, while the world was still feeling the impact of their actions, they were gathering selfishly all the money and power again.

Peak Orange has no personal responsibility and accountability. Causing damage as an individual is bad enough, for the last 60 years we have major sectors who affect peoples every days life working this way. 
Hopefully we will transcend Orange more now, only Orange still has so much power it's hard to get out of the web. Even if we get out, than we have to undo the damage. It will 20 to 30 years to fully transcend (and include) Orange to Green.

On 5/19/2024 at 2:31 AM, Leo Gura said:

Who do you think are good healthy role models of Stage Orange? I guess they would be people who either have gracefully transcended Stage Orange or have seen the limits of Stage Orange and the value of Green.

I always seen Thomas Frank as a good example of this. He's always been Stage Orange, but after a series of burnouts he has begun to realize the limits of his efforts and took drastic changes in order for him and his business to grow:

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

15 hours ago, OmniNaut said:

It will 20 to 30 years to fully transcend (and include) Orange to Green.

We will not transcend Orange in our lifetimes.

On 20/05/2024 at 0:36 AM, LordFall said:

He's too far gone I reckon.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah to make a distinction, if we're talking as all the total global level, I agree. If we're looking at some of the most developed countries now, mainly north western Europe + Iceland maybe. I think they're not to far off. But I would reckon that even in the most developed countries now, you will find that Orange still has a strong grasp on the government and public society. Green is just the shell on the outside now of the most developed countries it will need to penetrate to the core to be fully Green.

But yup, global not within our lifetime, most developed countries, who knows.

Every time I see some stupid stuff how Orange is Oranging new ways in coming up with new stuff just for its own benefit, I think oh boy this is going to add X amount of years to undo the damage it created on micro and macro level. So my estimate is based on what stupid stuff Orange is doing now, not taking into account all the cockamamie stuff they will think of next and screw up my estimation. Maybe I need to go more meta here, to include this as well. 🤔😄 

Edited by OmniNaut

I mostly mean America and the superpower nations.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I mostly mean America and the superpower nations.

Yup, USA, China, India, are not even close to transcending Orange. If you're referring to economical super powers that is. Heck most of them, still are coping with transcending Blue. Also the bigger (population wise) the country the slower the change. That's why you will see the smaller developed countries transcend first (roughly under 15 million people).

Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and to a certain degree Netherlands. But they're global influence is small.

However you look at it, it will take a long time. But that's why it's called evolution. If it was fast it will be called a revolution, 😄. 

On 5/19/2024 at 2:31 AM, Leo Gura said:

I wish I had a big mansion, was super rich, have a very successful career (at least momentarily), and had a really hot girlfriend/wife like Jordan did. 

However, I would never in a million years ever ever want to be him or anybody like him. After watching that whole movie, I thought to myself, "Why, would any normal man want to live that kind of life he lived or do what he did?" He and everyone in his inner circle were all complete degenerates in every way possible. I wouldn't be able to live with myself at all if I got away with scamming countless people for their money. Plus, I am so glad that I am not a drug addict or alcoholic like he and his friends were.

Also, I wouldn't want to have to keep looking over my shoulder everyday wondering if the cops or the FBI or anybody else in the law enforcement is going to catch me. Moreover, I do not want to have to be tried for anything by the criminal justice system, and possibly serve any time in prison. Not to mention, that when you're convicted of crime, then you lose so many big legitimate career opportunities that you could've had, and you will forever have the reputation of being a disgrace to society.

All of those reasons are pretty much the same reasons why I would never want to be someone like Trump either. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

How do you know that for sure? 

I am now thinking that we might actually be close to being in another historic progressive era given the growing liberal/progressive movement that's been occurring in our country.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

"Why, would any normal man want to live that kind of life he lived or do what he did?"

That's how immature people live.

54 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

How do you know that for sure?

Just by looking at our business culture.

I am now thinking that we might actually be close to being in another historic progressive era given the growing liberal/progressive movement that's been occurring in our country.

Nah, what runs the world is money and power, not progressive ideals.

It is deceptive because many of these giant companies virtue signal with Green values, but in fact they are run by pure profit motive. Look at Facebook, these AI companies, Big Tech, all of crypto, all of medicine, all the top universities -- it's all Orange on steroids with some lip-service to Green.

You realize how bad it is when you realize that even universities are not Green but Orange.

Edited by Leo Gura

Sow how do we make crazy amounts of money without falling into too much orange? Even if you don't need money you should earn more and more to give it away right?

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's how immature people live.

Just by looking at our business culture.

Nah, what runs the world is money and power, not progressive ideals.

It is deceptive because many of these giant companies virtue signal with Green values, but in fact they are run by pure profit motive. Look at Facebook, these AI companies, Big Tech, all of crypto, all of medicine, all the top universities -- it's all Orange on steroids with some lip-service to Green.

You realize how bad it is when you realize that even universities are not Green but Orange.

Okay, I get it.

but maybe we will be in the midst of another kind of Progressive Era (1896–1917) or another New Deal era  involving a big war on business and the implementation of new major social programs like many of the ones you've already mentioned before:

• Raising the minimum wage
  • Regulating banks and Wall Street speculators
  • Raising capital gains taxes
  • Taxing the rich. Higher income taxes on top earners, and a wealth tax on millionaires & billionaires.
  • Taxing corporations
  • Removing all private money from political campaigns
  • Placing more regulations on large corporations
  • Breaking up monopolies with strong anti-trust enforcement
  • Increasing consumer protections
  • Cracking down on fraud and white-collar crime
  • Protecting worker's rights to unionize
  • Better legal protections for minorities and LGBTQ people
  • Limiting aggressive foreign policy and wars
  • A well-funded education system
  • A public healthcare system that cuts out the parasitic insurance middlemen
  • Better paid time off, maternity and paternity leave, and free access to childcare
  • More investment in scientific research
  • More investment in pandemic prevention (Trump cut the pandemic prevention budget)
  • More investment FEMA and disaster relief
  • Housing for the homeless
  • Food for children in poverty
  • Addressing pollution and climate change. More investment in green energy
  • A government job guarantee, like during the Depression era
  • Huge investments in improving national infrastructure

In fact, Biden and the Democrats have been doing a lot of these things.

I've lately become more and more convinced that ever since Obama first became elected president in 2008, re-elected in 2012, followed by part of the progressive movement that began with Bernie Sanders, this country has been starving for a liberal/progressive revolution like the way that TR lead it right after the Gilded Age or the way that FDR led it during the Great Depression. Obama just didn't know how to do it.

Moreover, ever since 2008, the demographics have been increasingly favoring liberals and Democrats over conservatives and Republicans. The Democratic party and the left-wing during most of the 2010s didn't have the resources and infrastructure like they do now to mobilize the silent majority who truly want liberal/progressive reforms.

It also has to be done in a way that some might call "progressive-centrism" whereby a liberal/progressive vision for the country is presented in a way that broadly appeals to the public's emotions and their beliefs in traditional American culture values.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

presented in a way that broadly appeals to the public's emotions and their beliefs in traditional American culture values.

But that's exactly what leftists suck at. So I won't be holding my breath.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Okay, I get it.

but maybe we will be in the midst of another kind of Progressive Era (1896–1917) or another New Deal era  involving a big war on business and the implementation of new major social programs like many of the ones you've already mentioned before:

• Raising the minimum wage
  • Regulating banks and Wall Street speculators
  • Raising capital gains taxes
  • Taxing the rich. Higher income taxes on top earners, and a wealth tax on millionaires & billionaires.
  • Taxing corporations
  • Removing all private money from political campaigns
  • Placing more regulations on large corporations
  • Breaking up monopolies with strong anti-trust enforcement
  • Increasing consumer protections
  • Cracking down on fraud and white-collar crime
  • Protecting worker's rights to unionize
  • Better legal protections for minorities and LGBTQ people
  • Limiting aggressive foreign policy and wars
  • A well-funded education system
  • A public healthcare system that cuts out the parasitic insurance middlemen
  • Better paid time off, maternity and paternity leave, and free access to childcare
  • More investment in scientific research
  • More investment in pandemic prevention (Trump cut the pandemic prevention budget)
  • More investment FEMA and disaster relief
  • Housing for the homeless
  • Food for children in poverty
  • Addressing pollution and climate change. More investment in green energy
  • A government job guarantee, like during the Depression era
  • Huge investments in improving national infrastructure

In fact, Biden and the Democrats have been doing a lot of these things.

I've lately become more and more convinced that ever since Obama first became elected president in 2008, re-elected in 2012, followed by part of the progressive movement that began with Bernie Sanders, this country has been starving for a liberal/progressive revolution like the way that TR lead it right after the Gilded Age or the way that FDR led it during the Great Depression. Obama just didn't know how to do it.

Moreover, ever since 2008, the demographics have been increasingly favoring liberals and Democrats over conservatives and Republicans. The Democratic party and the left-wing during most of the 2010s didn't have the resources and infrastructure like they do now to mobilize the silent majority who truly want liberal/progressive reforms.

It also has to be done in a way that some might call "progressive-centrism" whereby a liberal/progressive vision for the country is presented in a way that broadly appeals to the public's emotions and their beliefs in traditional American culture values.

I would say we're at the beginning of said change, not in the middle yet. 
I'm not an American, nor have I been there or follow it in depth. But a lot of points you have is already implemented in N. Western Europe. And although those countries are seen as Green, the core is definitely still Orange. Don't under estimate how strong the grasp of Orange is in influencing legislation. And even if the legislation is there, they do anything to circumvent in all the grey areas they can find those legislations. 
I do follow tech news, and you see how the EU is making legislation, but by their own ignorance/stupidity or maybe even under influence of big tech, they only do a half ass job. Looking good on paper but in the end only 20 percent effective.

The world is now run with maximising share holders profit in mind. Tech, Food, Transport, Health Care.

A true Green environment does not need these legislations or does not do anything in it's power to circumvent does legislations for maximum profit.

Just dive into recent news Apple against EU, Amazon practices, Uber etc. etc.

So on the fore front of change, yes I think so, but it will be a hell of a fight and Orange will fight back hard. It will take time (how much is debatable) before the Green influence including the ripple effect will be dominant in a country like the US/N. Western Europe/Global.

BTW, don't get fighting against Orange confused with Green perse. Some could also be Blue trying to fight back and keep/regain it's power.

Edited by OmniNaut

5 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Sow how do we make crazy amounts of money without falling into too much orange? Even if you don't need money you should earn more and more to give it away right?

And how are you going to create those crazy amounts of money? The only way to achieve that is to close your eyes to the damage you will do along the way. Then if you have enough buy your way back into undoing that damage?

Why the necessity to get crazy rich anyway. You're being played, by your surrounding and social media. You don't have to be filthy rich to burn through your (materialistic) karma.