LSD-Rumi

Jordan Belfort is still scamming people

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But that's exactly what leftists suck at. So I won't be holding my breath.

Most leftists are not good at that, but a new youngish center-left politician who has such exceptional talent like the Roosevelt presidents can pull it off in a way that can frame progressivism or liberalism as the mainstream dominant ideology in America like in the first two decades of 1900s or in the mid-1900s. 

That can very well happen again if the left-wing and the center-left in this country can get it together by building an overwhelming groundswell of support and awareness for all of these liberal/progressive ideas with grassroots organizers and activists mobilizing communities and pushing for bold policy changes all over the country. In fact, it already seems to be happening and has continued to grow to such a level that America hasn't seen since like the early to mid 70s.

It's probably just going to take decades of very hard and commitment for all of this to succeed in our country. 

Even you said before that the chances of having a once in a generation broadly charismatic person like Obama, but is a real fighter seems more likely to happen within the next 20 years. 

Besides, I am aware of the fact that liberals and progressives will have to inevitably make some pragmatic compromises with the government elites and the business community in order to get a lot of the big changes we want done. That's always been the case according to history. So, I do concede that we probably still won't achieve all of the forward thinking changes we want within our lifetimes. However, transforming our society to one that is much more progressive than it is now within our lifetimes should be doable.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

Even if a leftist happens to win a General Election by some miracle, they won't accomplish much since they will be cockblocked by the House, Senate, Supreme Court, and the deep state -- all of which are Orange and Blue.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Even if a leftist happens to win a General Election by some miracle, they won't accomplish much since they will be cockblocked by the House, Senate, Supreme Court, and the deep state -- all of which are Orange and Blue.

Just to clarify, cockblocking works not the best for Orange by totally blocking a piece of legislation. Because then there is fuel still for Blue/Orange to try again at some point. No the best way for Orange is to sneakily alter the legislation (by "lobbying") that the impact on Orange is minimal, but still on the front it looks like accomplishes something. Then when legislation is through, attention will be diverted to another area, leaving this legislation alone for the next 10 to 20 years.

Posted (edited)

@OmniNaut You have a good eye for devilry.

It takes a devil to know a devil :P

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

We don't have a firm left-winger for president. A center-leftist will do.

But we also need to elect a supermajority of Dems in both chambers of Congress. Also, the Supreme Court won't be controlled by the conservatives forever. 

As for the deep state, like I said before liberals and progressives will have to inevitably make some pragmatic compromises with the government elites and the business community in order to get a lot of the big changes we want done. 

The deep state also can't just block every major reform, especially when there is an overwhelming mandate for such reforms by the public. Otherwise, they risk destabilizing our society.

They know that and that's why the deep state will have to make compromises with the people if the liberals/progressives have a supermajority of Dems in both chambers of Congress and we have another FDR-like president.

This will much more likely happen if all of these factors coincide with another major crisis pertaining to the economy happens under the watch of the GOP and/or have a groundswell of support from some kind of movement that can't be ignored by the public.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, OmniNaut said:

Just to clarify, cockblocking works not the best for Orange by totally blocking a piece of legislation. Because then there is fuel still for Blue/Orange to try again at some point. No the best way for Orange is to sneakily alter the legislation (by "lobbying") that the impact on Orange is minimal, but still on the front it looks like accomplishes something. Then when legislation is through, attention will be diverted to another area, leaving this legislation alone for the next 10 to 20 years.

That's partially true. However, when there is way too much of a mandate for such policies or for a major liberal/progressive vision, then even the stage Orange lobbyists will be forced to compromise a lot. Otherwise, if they don't, then they jeopardize the public order and tranquility of our country. 

Even these slimy lobbyists know that they don't want to have another Gilded Age era rife with extremely violent widespread labor strikes and rioting around the country.

In fact, look at what Biden and his party got done so far, even they made compromises with their corporate lobbyists and wealthy donors. They already achieved what seemed impossible in many ways, especially when you consider how much gridlock there has been in our government for so many. 

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

@Hardkill If Trump wins reelection he will stuff the court with right-wing lunatics for the next 40 years and there will be no progressive legistation chances at all. All of it will be blocked and undone by the court.

You guys don't fully appreciate how bad it will be.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill If Trump wins reelection he will stuff the court with right-wing lunatics for the next 40 years and there will be no progressive legistation chances at all. All of it will be blocked and undone by the court.

Oh, I do know how bad it will be. 

So, I am not sure why you said before that if Trump wins the election then:

On 10/21/2023 at 3:38 AM, Leo Gura said:

Meh..... Business as usual.

But yeah, that's why we have to re-elect Biden.

Even though the polls are not looking great right now, but they are also all over the place and most of the pundits out there really have no idea who will win.

Besides, a lot would have to go wrong for Biden to lose according to the fundamentals.

Edited by Hardkill

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Meh..... Business as usual.

I am starting to regret my words. Trump is more unhinged than ever and he has better odds of winning now.

Trump's 1st term might have given us a false sense of complacency, since term 2 will be much worse in ways we can't yet imagine.

Edited by Leo Gura

43 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

That's partially true. However, when there is way too much of a mandate for such policies or for a major liberal/progressive vision, then even the stage Orange lobbyists will be forced to compromise a lot. Otherwise, if they don't, then they jeopardize the public order and tranquility of our country. 

Even these slimy lobbyists know that they don't want to have another Gilded Age era rife with extremely violent widespread labor strikes and rioting around the country.

In fact, look at what Biden and his party got done so far, even they made compromises with their corporate lobbyists and wealthy donors. They already achieved what seemed impossible in many ways, especially when you consider how much gridlock there has been in our government for so many. 

Yes, there's is progress made. But really slowly. Don't get me wrong Orange is loosing it's ground, but really slowly. That's why my predictions in my earlier posts says 20 to 30 years (debateable of course).

The compromise is a built in strategy of Orange, compromising but still having grey areas and back doors built in, or postponing full effectiveness longer then needed. Also a common tactic of Orange especially in the Tech industry is praying on the ignorance of the often non Tech people in power making the legislation. Especially with the boomers.

But yes as I said slowly Orange will be reigned in. But not as fast as is publicly perceived.

Also don't make the mistake in thinking there's a difference what is publicly known and what is really going on. Full transparency is still a mirage, protecting assets/power, saving face takes first place in telling the truth. Don't be fooled in thinking that what is publicly known is the truth. How many times have we had the need for whistle blowers to understand what's really going on.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am starting to regret my words. Trump is more unhinged than ever and he has better odds of winning now.

Trump's 1st term might have given us a false sense of complacency, since term 2 will be much worse in ways we can't yet imagine.

Well, we'll have to see. 

A lot would have to go wrong in terms of governance by Biden and his party.

Besides, there is already a growing number of people who are getting very scared about Trump not leaving office.

@OmniNaut You have a good eye for devilry.

It takes a devil to know a devil :P

Just being fortunate enough having had multiple projects in my IT career, to be close to the devils and seeing how they operate, but not being part of it. I was not able to put the total pieces together later when I entered Yellow.

This is what is at stake if we let Trump win the election. These type of ideological scams will become normalized:

17 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

Sow how do we make crazy amounts of money without falling into too much orange? Even if you don't need money you should earn more and more to give it away right?

Don't get it twisted. Money isn't worth anything without any value that you can buy with it. So the goal isn't to generate money, it's to generate massive amounts of value.

That's one of the most glaring issues with capitalism at its current stage: Confusing money with value. It's possible to generate more and more money while the quality of products decreases. And that's exactly what can be observed right now.

But I'm afraid it still has to get a lot worse before we can collectively see through it.

The Secret of this Universe is You.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why didn't Biden do the same? Why didn't he manipulate laws to make the supreme court left leaning?

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, he is already so angry with democratic for all the hours he spent in court for the cases against him. He will do everything to make their life miserable.

His Ego will massively explode if he wins another time just like when a cheater manages to cheat successfully and deceive people, he will cheat more than ever and icompetant person will be incompetent more than ever. And this will be his last term, no need to play the safe game.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

Are there some normal candidats in USA ?

The devil is in the details.

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Why didn't Biden do the same? Why didn't he manipulate laws to make the supreme court left leaning?

He couldn't with SCOTUS because there have been no openings for Biden replace any conservative justices with liberal justices. None of the conservative justices plan on retiring or stepping down anytime soon. None of them seem to be dying anytime soon. Furthermore, Biden and most Democrats in Congress don't want to pack the court with extra judges because they believe it would be perceived as being too divisive and too political and set a precedent for the Republican party to do the same if they gain back control of the White House and both chambers of Congress.

However, Biden and his party have appointed 200 federal judges, which is the highest amount for any president since like JFK.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/joe-biden-nears-200-judges-highlighting-stakes-courts-2024-election-rcna152485

@Hardkill The US laws are so corrupt. A judge picked by a party is most likely to be a biased judge which ironically is against the most important elements of any justice system.

It is mindblowing how much ignorance there is in US politics. Lobbying (aka legal bribes), electoral college and the supreme court judges picked by the president.