LSD-Rumi

Behind the eyes POV

106 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Even when I take psychedelics and I feel my consciousness spread all over my view, I still feel like I am looking from the point behind the eyes, not through the eyes per say, but from that position. What does that mean exactly? Why are there centers and peripheries? Shouldn't consciousness spread equally?

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

7 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Even when I take psychedelics and I feel my consciousness spread all over my view, I still feel like I am looking from the point behind the eyes, not through the eyes per say, but from that position. What does that mean exactly? Why are there centers and peripheries? Shouldn't consciousness spread equally?

Maybe there is some psychological blockade, or you didn't take enough. I distinctly remember from my most profound psychedelic journeys breaking through this lens of perception and experiencing myself as absolutely omnipresent and "decentralized," so to speak.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@LSD-Rumi that's still an illusion.  Its the sense of self.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

You seem to be talking specifically about perception rather than consciousness. I haven't made a distinction between these two in my experience yet. Perceptive organs appear to be sourcing what you identify as, or assume to be, yourself, hence the sense of being located behind the eyes and between the ears.

What you refer to as when you say "spread equally" may not be consciousness but likely feeling-sense or awareness perhaps. It's best to contemplate openly, without presuming what things are from the beginning.

Let's look at perception with the following exercise:

• Isolate your experience of a static and small object. Start by distinguishing between perception of the object itself, and other added activities such as meaning, association, use, value, worth, feeling, and thought.
  • What is perceived to be there?  Without additional activities placed on top of bare perception, try at best you can to distinguish between the act of perceiving itself, and everything else such as thinking, feeling, meaning, language, etc.
Edited by UnbornTao

Posted (edited)

It means you are a black hole you are just seeing where you are coming from the centre of the black hole.

Edited by Hojo

This seems reasonable that you would be looking visually from there as the eyes are what's used to see visually. You're consciousness might be spread all around but still visually you see with your eyes. 

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Hojo said:

It means you are a black hole you are just seeing where you are coming from the centre of the black hole.

How much does black hole need to eat to become a Quasar. Light cant escape a black hole? lol 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

5 hours ago, Mulky said:

This seems reasonable that you would be looking visually from there as the eyes are what's used to see visually. You're consciousness might be spread all around but still visually you see with your eyes. 

I question this assumption. In a dream or in near death experiences people report "seeing" yet they have no eyes. 

2 minutes ago, enchanted said:

I question this assumption. In a dream or in near death experiences people report "seeing" yet they have no eyes. 

ive had experience where I float up from my body to the ceiling and look down on it. But paradoxically, I opened my eyes after getting freaked by that and I was instantly in the body

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

@Dodo

4 hours ago, Dodo said:

How much does black hole need to eat to become a Quasar. Light cant escape a black hole? lol 

There only one black hole and no light we are inside the black hole and the ultra black hole God ate everything already. We are partition of the ultimate black hole and we are looking at the light it ate.

Edited by Hojo

I'm not saying there isn't or can't be seeing without eyes, but on some level most of us do tend to use our eyes to see. I had more trouble when i tried to not acknowledge visual sight, it became a bigger deal for me, and I had more tension in my eyes. 

Pretend there is a blank screen that is an infinite field that goes in all directions. Then you imagine a world of appearance within that screen that is also a field. Through this you create space and the appearance of time. So look at everything and realize it is identical to a blank. Why? Because all appearance is an infinite chain of cause and effect.

Realize that the creation of cause and effect, was acausal, or not caused by anything within this chain. First there is a blank, then...there is an appearance of an effect. So each effect actually causes itself and is not caused by a previous appearance. So every moment, all moments stand alone. They are all a causal, or you could say their own first cause.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

9 hours ago, Hojo said:

@Dodo

There only one black hole and no light we are inside the black hole and the ultra black hole God ate everything already. We are partition of the ultimate black hole and we are looking at the light it ate.

Thats your infinity, one of infinite number of infinities within the Absolute infinity of Consciousness.

You are telling me your reality, not how it actually is. 

Light IS. Love IS. SORRY i had to break it to you 🙏 

You know its true when you look into your heart, even if it is a black corrupted heart. 

Yes you are a black hole, once you eat enough you will shine light out. There is a balance of things my friend, respect the balance.

Never go full sith mode. 

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Hojo said:

@Dodo

Isn't it ironic that the biggest black hole becomes one of the brightest objects in the Universe once it evolves to a quasar? 

How about that light, you are emmitting it,  it seems to have escaped, perhaps at your own will. You are just too full!

Emptiness can easily escape a black hole,  a black hole cannot escape Emptiness. Emptiness is Love, Emptiness is Light.

I AM Empty.

BEING

STScI-01FMN22BJXHTZ1HKWMFR8DWFAJ.jpg

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Pretend there is a blank screen that is an infinite field that goes in all directions. Then you imagine a world of appearance within that screen that is also a field. Through this you create space and the appearance of time. So look at everything and realize it is identical to a blank. Why? Because all appearance is an infinite chain of cause and effect.

Realize that the creation of cause and effect, was acausal, or not caused by anything within this chain. First there is a blank, then...there is an appearance of an effect. So each effect actually causes itself and is not caused by a previous appearance. So every moment, all moments stand alone. They are all a causal, or you could say their own first cause.

Nice

Know thyself....

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I do this and it seems consciousness spread everywhere, but the eyes bit is still there when I try to locate myself, it is like everything is an extension of me behind the eyes.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

On 19/05/2024 at 5:15 PM, Hojo said:

@Dodo

timestamped 10:45

Very interesting conversation between the light and dark side 

-1/12 is Infinity 

On 5/18/2024 at 11:52 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

Because there is no eyes, the moment is you. What you so called see is you. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Why wouldn't finite consciousness occupy space and time? In my opinion since it is finite, it has to have a localization, and the most dense/active parts of it are within the brain.

You are neither God nor consciousness. You have consciousness.

1 minute ago, Ahbapx said:

Why wouldn't finite consciousness occupy space and time? In my opinion since it is finite, it has to have a localization, and the most dense/active parts of it are within the brain.

consciousness is not finite, its emptiness. The first with no second, the 0th with no first

-1/12 is Infinity