LSD-Rumi

Behind the eyes POV

106 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

because it doesn't arise. Perhaps it is always there

"It" is. Always there. Infinite, boundless. Groundless. Any boundary would appear within "It".

"It" is Infinite Reality itself.

"It" is Nothing when no appearances arise. Nothingness. Groundless. Void and empty. Not even space. Yet, "It" is everything as soon as appearance appears.

Without appearance, there is no time. "It" is not even self-aware then.  Yet, "It" is always "there". "It" has the potential for awareness if some appearances arise, and for self-awareness if I-thought/I-feelings arise as appearances.

"It" doesn't arise. There is no beginning to "It". Who or what would watch "Its" arising? Only "It", the only Awareness.

"It" is fundamental. It can not not "be there". "It" can't go anywhere. Anywhere would be imagined within it. "It" can't end, since It would perceive its own end, and so it wouldn't end. Nor begin.

Before any appearance, "It" is. After any appearance dissolves, "It" "is" still there. Neither existing (as anything), nor non-existing.

Words of time loose there meaning, because "It" is more fundamental than time, since there is no time without changing appearances, or "objects".

"It" is Infinite Consciousness, Infinite Universal Reality/Being.

And "It" is "You". Capital Y, True you. Impersonal You. Or better, "not-only-personal"-True You. But nondual, Infinite Being, big You.

Not small/illusion you, but that which is always there. Even in deep sleep. Impersonal. Infinite. Immortal. 

"It" looks through all eyes, is the essence of every being and every appearance. And to do that, "It" needs to be impersonal. Only impersonal (not-only-personal, but universal and fully empty) Awareness is "compatible" to look out through all "personal/individuated/not-empty" eyes/beings/perspectives.

"It" holds all perspectives, looks through all eyes at the same moment (not sequentially), but forgets these "dimensions" of all the other perspectives "real-time".

"It" imagines the clouds covering True Being/Infinite Awareness, hiding "It" in the clouds of solidity, materiality, duality and separation. Magnificent illusions. "It" plays a game of hide and seek with "Itself".

When one has access to verify that sobre anytime one feels into "the" Infinite (which means that one fully realize the structure of ones own perspective ("subject" and all appearances, truly nondual) and has access to that realization anytime (nondual, infinite, mere appearance, impersonal, groundless ,Awake).... this realization is the case for each and any being, since "It" is boundless , infinite and limitless. There is nothing besides "It". N+1.

... one walks in the home one never really left. There is nothing else, nor can't be.

The only price: The frog has to jump fully into the mixer and see whats still left of its essence. And THAT is it. Neti Neti until Infinite Being is realized without the clouds of boundaries, separation and duality. And the crocodiles ensure that at one point. One lifetime, the frog actually gives up resisting and playing games, gets rid of the last clouds of duality, and jumps in the mixer. And finds out that the frog never really existed, only appeared to do so.

And then the former frog (Which never actually was a frog) wins the ultimate price: Everything. Each and any possible universe arises in Infinite Being, as Infinite Being. Since there is nothing besides "It", nor could be.

The mixer only appears as mixer before the Gateless Gate. Beyond the Gateless Gate, it was just the wind that has blewn away all the clouds of duality and ignorance.

So who is reading these words right here, right now?

Offering best-practice mixers by the River

Edited by Water by the River

Posted (edited)

@Ahbapx Try this meditation, be as you are, perhaps sit and close your eyes for less distractions. Ofcourse this can be done while eyes open and even moving about, you will just have more objects of experience to be with.

Whatever thoughts feelings sensations arise, let them be there but be more interested in what knows those. Once you get an answer as to what knows all those, keep being interested in what knows that answer, dont take the answer as the Truth. The truth is constant. 

if you had to paint the knower of your experience, the literal knower, not the known, would you even need to strike a single brush stroke?

The sky is already there, even when there are clouds, but we must not focus on the clouds as the truth, because clouds are temporary. Sky is the eternal Truth. This is another analogy. 

To begin understanding emptiness/nothingness/consciousness, try thinking in your mind about the smallest object, a point. What is a point? It has 0 dimensions, it actually is not an object, we think of it as an object, but if you really had to represent a real point in reality, you don't have to add ink at all. The point is nothingness, you let go of the tiny image of a point, and what remains? Only the entire page! The page didn't have to be drawn! 

Now that you know the point covers the entire page, anything you draw on the page is smaller than a point! Paradoxical, the smallest thing suddenly is the largest thing.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

6 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

"It" is. Always there. Infinite, boundless. Groundless. Any boundary would appear within "It".

"It" is Infinite Reality itself.

"It" is Nothing when no appearances arise. Nothingness. Groundless. Void and empty. Not even space. Yet, "It" is everything as soon as appearance appears.

Without appearance, there is no time. "It" is not even self-aware then.  Yet, "It" is always "there". "It" has the potential for awareness if some appearances arise, and for self-awareness if I-thought/I-feelings arise as appearances.

Are you talking about me boy? 😜😂

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Water by the River said:

Tat Tvam Asi (तत् त्वम् असि) - traditionally interpreted as "That Thou Art" (that you are)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahāvākyas

After the Mixer-Gig ^_^

While that is true, the game doesn't end there, it begins. There is still the fight or dance between the light and the darkness.

How can we use the knowing of Noself to be lightbringers into the world full of darkness? 

Bees vs Wasps. Bees are hardworking and Good. Wasps are cheaters, strong, overpowering. They steal and plunder, kill the bees and take their hard earned fruits by force. Yes both are within Consciousness, but one of the species is destructive and aggressive, while the other is honorable and hardworking. 

I know many instances in my life when I've unconsciously fed Evil. As a child I used to catch lightbugs and feed them to spiders. I just enjoyed it. 

We need to use Source to convert darkness into light. Black holes into quasars. Negative to positive.

I think this is where Jesus Christ comes in the equation 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

Here is a soft example of light vs darkness, but there are far more serious examples out there. 

The cop was not full on darkness, but if his ego was bigger and there were no cameras, you know how things can turn. The black man is a righteous man, a truthful man. 

Sometimes those in position of power can abuse it, just like a wasp against a bee. 

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

How can we use the knowing of Noself to be lightbringers into the world full of darkness? 

Only with Enlightenment can the full potential of your (relative,appearing) Individuality be brought into manifestation.

On 26.5.2023 at 11:46 PM, Water by the River said:

Ken Wilber, The Eye of Spirit

Chapter: The Eye of Spirit

The Eye of Spirit

When I rest in simple, clear, ever-present awareness, I am resting in intrinsic Spirit; I am in fact nothing other than witnessing Spirit itself. I do not become Spirit; I simply recognize the Spirit that I always already am. When I rest in simple, clear, ever-present awareness, I am the Witness of the World. I am the eye of Spirit. I see the world as God sees it. I see the world as the Goddess sees it. I see the world as Spirit sees it: every object an object of Beauty, every thing and event a gesture of the Great Perfection, every process a ripple in the pond of my own eternal Being, so much so that I do not stand apart as a separate witness, but find the witness is one taste with all that arises within it. The entire Kosmos arises in the eye of Spirit, in the I of Spirit, in my own intrinsic awareness, this simple ever-present state, and I am simply that.

From the ground of simple, ever-present awareness, one’s entire bodymind will resurrect. When you rest in primordial awareness, that awareness begins to saturate your being, and from the stream of consciousness a new destiny is resurrected. When the Great Search is undone, and the separate-self sense has been crucified; when the continuity of witnessing has stabilized in your own case; when ever-present awareness is your constant ground—then your entire bodymind will regenerate, resurrect, and reorganize itself around intrinsic Spirit, and you will arise, as from the dead, to a new destiny and a new duty in consciousness.

You will cease to exist as separate self (with all the damage that does to the bodymind), and you will exist instead as vehicle of Spirit (with the bodymind now free to function in its highest potential, undistorted and untortured by the brutalities of the self-contraction). From the ground of everpresent awareness, you will arise embodying any of the enlightened qualities of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas—“one whose being (sattva) is ever-present awareness (bodhi).”

The Buddhist names are not important; the enlightened qualities they represent are. The point is simply that, once you have stably recognized simple, ever-present awareness—once the Great Search and the selfcontraction have been robbed of separative life and returned to God, returned to their ground in ever-present awareness—then you will arise, from the ground of ever-present awareness, and you will embody any of the highest possibilities of that ground. You will be vehicle of the Spirit that you are. That ever-present ground will live through you, as you, in a variety of superordinary forms.

Perhaps you will arise as Samantabhadra, whose ever-present awareness takes the form of a vast equality consciousness: you will realize that the everpresent awareness that is fully present in you is the same awareness that is fully present in all sentient beings without exception—one and the same, single and only—one heart, one mind, one soul that breathes and beats and pulses through all sentient beings as such—and your very countenance will remind all beings of that simple fact, remind them that there is only Spirit, remind them that nothing is closer to God than anything else, for there is only God, there is only Goddess.

Perhaps you will arise as Avalokiteshvara, whose ever-present awareness takes the form of gentle compassion. In the brilliant clarity of ever-present awareness, all sentient beings arise as equal forms of intrinsic Spirit or pure Emptiness, and thus all beings are treated as the sons and daughters of the Spirit that they are. You will have no choice but to live this compassion with a delicate dedication, so that your very smile will warm the hearts of those who suffer, and they will look to you for a promise that they, too, can be liberated into the vast expanse of their own primordial awareness, and you will never turn away.

Perhaps you will arise as Prajnaparamita, the mother of the Buddhas, whose ever-present awareness takes the form of a vast spaciousness, the womb of the great Unborn, in which the entire Kosmos exists. For in deepest truth, it is exactly from the ground of your own simple, clear, ever-present awareness that all beings are born; and it is to the ground of your simple, clear, ever-present awareness that all beings will return. Resting in the brilliant clarity of ever-present awareness, you watch the worlds arise, and all the Buddhas arise, and all sentient beings as such arise. And to you they will all return. And you will smile, and receive, in this vast expanse of everlasting wisdom, and it will all begin again, and yet again, and always yet again, in the womb of your ever-present state.

Perhaps you will arise as Manjushri, whose ever-present awareness takes the form of luminous intelligence. Although all beings are equally intrinsic Spirit, some beings do not easily acknowledge this ever-present Suchness, and thus discriminating wisdom will brilliantly arise from the ground of equality consciousness. You will instinctively see what is true and what is false, and thus you will bring clarity to everything you touch. And if the selfcontraction does not listen to your gentler voice, your ever-present awareness will manifest in its wrathful form, which is said to be none other than the dreaded Yamantaka, Subduer of the Lord of Death.

And so perhaps you will arise as Yamantaka, fierce protector of everpresent awareness and samurai warrior of intrinsic Spirit. Precisely those items that pretend to block ever-present awareness must be quickly cut through, which is why ever-present awareness arises in its many wrathful forms. You will simply be moved, from the ground of equality consciousness, to expose the false and the shallow and the less-thaneverpresent. It is time for the sword, not the smile, but always the sword of discriminating wisdom, which ruthlessly cuts all obstacles in the ground of the all-encompassing.

Perhaps you will arise as Bhaishajyaguru, whose ever-present awareness takes the form of a healing radiance. From the brilliant clarity of ever-present awareness, you will be moved to remind the sick and the sad and those in pain that although the pain is real, it is not what they are. With a simple touch or smile, contracted souls will relax into the vast expanse of intrinsic awareness, and disease will lose all meaning in the radiance of that release. And you will never tire, for ever-present awareness is effortless in its functioning, and so you will constantly remind all beings of who and what they really are, on the other side of fear, in the radical love and unflinching acceptance that is the mirror-mind of ever-present awareness.

Perhaps you will arise as Maitreya, whose ever-present awareness takes the form of a promise that, even into the endless future, ever-present awareness will still be simply present. From the brilliant clarity of primordial awareness, you will vow to be with all beings, even unto an eternity of futures, because even those futures will arise in simple present awareness, the same present awareness that now sees just exactly this.

Those are simply a few of the potentials of ever-present awareness. The Buddhist names don’t matter; any will do. They are simply a few of the forms of your own resurrection. They are a few of the possibilities that might animate you after the death of the Great Search. They are a few of the ways the world looks to the ever-present eye of Spirit, the ever-present I of Spirit. They are what you see, right now, when you see the world as God sees it, from the groundless ground of simple ever-present awareness.

So, depending on the perspective, a best of Buddhist-rodent-highest-potential-list.

Edited by Water by the River

@Water by the River The God/Goddess/Spirit references remind me of this video

-1/12 is Infinity 

More on Light vs Darkness: Luke and the father (Vader) are One

-1/12 is Infinity 

5 hours ago, Dodo said:

Here is a soft example of light vs darkness, but there are far more serious examples out there. 

The cop was not full on darkness, but if his ego was bigger and there were no cameras, you know how things can turn. The black man is a righteous man, a truthful man. 

Sometimes those in position of power can abuse it, just like a wasp against a bee. 

That black man was very confrontational. Exaggerated, and he didn't tell the officer he was going to put his shorts on at first, he just said "hold on". Then he got up in the officer's face. He kept hawking on the door issue. The way he was speaking to that officer wasn't necessary. He also said the officer said he had a gun, when the officer merely said "can I trust that you don't have a gun". Boxers do look like shorts, which the officer kept saying he had on shorts.

I mean the whole time he kept talking to the officer like a child. Very disrespectful.

Know thyself....

@Dodo I don't know what you are talking about,  Are you claiming that there is no finite consciousness and the brain acts as a receiver of the infinite consciousness? 

You are neither God nor consciousness. You have consciousness.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Ahbapx said:

@Dodo I don't know what you are talking about,  Are you claiming that there is no finite consciousness and the brain acts as a receiver of the infinite consciousness? 

Well, here brain is a bit of a swear word, your direct experiential evidence points that mind is more real than brain.

Instead of Brain>Mind>Consciousness, why don't you flip that Consciousness>Mind>Brain, each one result of the previous.

Try to look at the world like that and see if that map makes more sense

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

37 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Well, here brain is a bit of a swear word, your direct experiential evidence points that mind is more real than brain.

Instead of Brain>Mind>Consciousness, why don't you flip that Consciousness>Mind>Brain, each one result of the previous.

Try to look at the world like that and see if that map makes more sense

So in summary, you are saying that there is a Universal Infinite consciousness, there is no such thing as human consciousness. A human being consists only of the mind, brain, and body.

Then how come we perceive the infinitely powerful consciousness as partial/finite? When we say mind, we underestimate awareness, because if you can notice the feeling in your foot, this awareness needs a definition beyond the mind, or we need to define the mind as neural activity in the whole body, not only in the brain.

According to the order you mentioned, how does Consciousness cause/create the mind?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Ahbapx said:

So in summary, you are saying that there is a Universal Infinite consciousness, there is no such thing as human consciousness. A human being consists only of the mind, brain, and body.

Then how come we perceive the infinitely powerful consciousness as partial/finite? When we say mind, we underestimate awareness, because if you can notice the feeling in your foot, this awareness needs a definition beyond the mind, or we need to define the mind as neural activity in the whole body, not only in the brain.

According to the order you mentioned, how does Consciousness cause/create the mind?

All objects of perception, thoughts feelings, any object of experience I call mind. 

What you have of Matter is Mind. You have a sensation of a brain, perhaps a feeling of a brain and thoughts, but notice it is all mind stuff. 

Once we're set that our experience is mind and not matter, we can go further

What is mind, what are objects of appearance and where do they appear. To whom or to what do they appear, in what do they appear, and we see it is the empty presence of awareness or consciousness.

This requires subtle looking and self inquiry.

The mind then we see is fleeting, but there is something in experience which remains constant, and that is consciousness. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

33 minutes ago, Dodo said:

All objects of perception, thoughts feelings, any object of experience I call mind. 

What you have of Matter is Mind. You have a sensation of a brain, perhaps a feeling of a brain and thoughts, but notice it is all mind stuff. 

Once we're set that our experience is mind and not matter, we can go further

What is mind, what are objects of appearance and where do they appear. To whom or to what do they appear, in what do they appear, and we see it is the empty presence of awareness or consciousness.

This requires subtle looking and self inquiry.

The mind then we see is fleeting, but there is something in experience which remains constant, and that is consciousness. 

It seems like your explanation of the mind is kinda similar to my understanding of "finite consciousness",  which I equated to the mind.

You didn't answer my questions, these are important to understand if there are infinite amount of consciousness or not. 

1)Why don't you perceive your consciousness as infinite right now? 
2)According to the order you mentioned, how does Consciousness cause/create the mind?

On 23/05/2024 at 2:54 AM, Ahbapx said:

I don't think we should just accept that the information is "stored" in an external being/format.

Yes God might store it, in Islam there is Lawh-i Mahfouz, Hinduism and Buddism are influenced by "Akashic Records" ,

if I am not wrong in Judaism and Christianity there is the Book of Life. 

They might be right.

On 22/05/2024 at 5:53 AM, Ahbapx said:

But where would "God" or the "book of life" be stored then? And if they don't need to be stored anywhere why do you? 

8 hours ago, Ahbapx said:

It seems like your explanation of the mind is kinda similar to my understanding of "finite consciousness",  which I equated to the mind.

You didn't answer my questions, these are important to understand if there are infinite amount of consciousness or not. 

1)Why don't you perceive your consciousness as infinite right now? 
2)According to the order you mentioned, how does Consciousness cause/create the mind?

Sorry man, I wrote a long comment, but the site bugged and it got lost.

You already noticed that I mean something else with the word conciousness. 

Consciousness is not an object to be finite. 

We cant do anything here just talking. We are in the realm of mind, thats why I suggested you a practical meditation. 

Consciousness is the background of your experience right now. I get that your experience is finite, but have you ever explored the background? That which allows your finite experience to be known and to be, to exist? How can you place a boundary on that, when its not an object to be perceived?

Listen to Mooji's practical meditation to marinate in pure awareness.

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

@Ahbapx lets ask the important questions

are you in control of your mind, or is it in control of you?

Try sitting for a second or having a walk in the park. 

be fully conscious, who is making the decisions? Are they automatic? 

You have to be able to take a step back from the mind and observe it for what it is, a tool. 

Can you effortlessly distance yourself from your thoughts, or do you sometimes let them suck you in?

You will notice mind is a powerful machine, and you need to take a step back sometimes from it. 

Then you can return to it consciously and directing it in whichever direction you choose. 

I say a balance needs to be achieved. Too much mind? Yoou need to stop. Too much no-mind? You need to start.

You have to follow the path by using the power of the pathless path. There is no path and there is a path, its paradoxical. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

The mind cant get any of this, but to being it is the simplest thing.

Make sure that Consciousness Moooji points to controls where you look, and not your mind. But do this in the park, perhaps while sitting on a bench. Take back control and ground yourself in impersonal consciousness and then orchestrate your mind from that backwards step position. 

Let go, try not to judge anything or aanyone, even someone you perceive as annoying, like someone shouting and disturbing your peace. Dont judge anything and dont think, tune in to the true reality through Being itself.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

14 hours ago, enchanted said:

But where would "God" or the "book of life" be stored then?

I don't know, I didn't think that far. Maybe the subtlest, most dense, and vastest layer of existence could be that. Ofc this is pure speculation.

And if they don't need to be stored anywhere why do you? 

We store information because I think it is the only evolutionary trajectory for conscious control to emerge.