LSD-Rumi

Behind the eyes POV

106 posts in this topic

Just now, Dodo said:

consciousness is not finite, its emptiness. The first with no second, the 0th with no first

Human consciousness is finite, you are neither omnipotent nor omniscient. 

The literal definition of finite is something that is limited and measurable.

You are neither God nor consciousness. You have consciousness.

15 minutes ago, Ahbapx said:

Human consciousness is finite, you are neither omnipotent nor omniscient. 

The literal definition of finite is something that is limited and measurable.

Where does it end and where does it begin? 

16 minutes ago, enchanted said:

Where does it end and where does it begin? 

Where does an ocean start and where does it end in a hurricane with intense rain?

Do you want to measure something that is constantly expanding or contracting?

I never said we can measure it. I said it is measurable.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Ahbapx said:

Where does an ocean start and where does it end in a hurricane with intense rain?

Do you want to measure something that is constantly expanding or contracting?

I never said we can measure it. I said it is measurable.

So Giordano Bruno had it wrong?... 

"Unless you make yourself equal to God, you cannot understand God: for the like is not intelligible save to the like. Make yourself grow to a greatness beyond measure, by a bound free yourself from the body; raise yourself above all time, become Eternity; then you will understand God. Believe that nothing is impossible for you, think yourself immortal and capable of understanding all, all arts, all sciences, the nature of every living being. Mount higher than the highest height; descend lower than the lowest depth. Draw into yourself all sensations of everything created, fire and water, dry and moist, imagining that you are everywhere, on earth, in the sea, in the sky, that you are not yet born, in the maternal womb, adolescent, old, dead, beyond death. If you embrace in your thought all things at once, times, places, substances, qualities, quantities, you may understand God."

Yes a hurricane can be measured in theory but how can you measure consciousness? Which molecule to you theoretically start at? 

Edited by enchanted

4 minutes ago, enchanted said:

So Giordano Bruno had it wrong?... 

"Unless you make yourself equal to God, you cannot understand God: for the like is not intelligible save to the like. Make yourself grow to a greatness beyond measure, by a bound free yourself from the body; raise yourself above all time, become Eternity; then you will understand God. Believe that nothing is impossible for you, think yourself immortal and capable of understanding all, all arts, all sciences, the nature of every living being. Mount higher than the highest height; descend lower than the lowest depth. Draw into yourself all sensations of everything created, fire and water, dry and moist, imagining that you are everywhere, on earth, in the sea, in the sky, that you are not yet born, in the maternal womb, adolescent, old, dead, beyond death. If you embrace in your thought all things at once, times, places, substances, qualities, quantities, you may understand God."

As far as I understand after half an hour, he thinks understanding God is impossible.

Such reverse-engineered rhetorical language usually doesn't come from a healthy constructive mind, but I think it is not wrong,  and IMO its purpose is to reveal the blind believers, and truth seekers.

and what does that have to do with what I said?

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Ahbapx said:

and what does that have to do with what I said?

You said you are finite and not God, I provided a quote with a contradictory claim.  You also said consciousness could be measured in theory and I asked how but you never replied. 

@Ahbapx

Edited by enchanted

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, enchanted said:

You said you are finite and not God, I provided a quote with a contradictory claim.  

Who will determine if Bruno or @Ahbapx is right?

He precisely and purposefully didn't claim to be God within that quote, There is nothing contradictory to what I said.

You also said consciousness could be measured in theory and I asked how but you never replied. 

I did. Just like how you measure the start and end of an ocean under a hurricane. With enough intelligence.

Edited by Ahbapx

13 minutes ago, Ahbapx said:

With enough intelligence.

Sadly you lack in this department

Just now, enchanted said:

Sadly you lack in this department

I understand that you feel the urge to protect how you view your own idol,

but sadly you don't even know your own idol.

harsh reality.

7 hours ago, Dodo said:

consciousness is not finite, its emptiness. The first with no second, the 0th with no first

It can appear finite and that's what he speaks of.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, enchanted said:

You said you are finite and not God, I provided a quote with a contradictory claim.  You also said consciousness could be measured in theory and I asked how but you never replied. 

@Ahbapx

What he said was there is finite Consciousness.   It exists.   It's a state of Consciousness.   There is also an infinite state - or Infinite Consciousness.   Just remember the metaphor that if God wasn't infinite he would not be able to limit himself and make himself unable to lift a boulder.  But he can do that.  So you see it is indeed paradoxical. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

It can appear finite and that's what he speaks of.

I dont understand, consciousness can appear? Thats news to me.

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I dont understand, consciousness can appear? Thats news to me.

Well then perhaps you should start reading the news.

What's the definition of a hallucination?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

Well then perhaps you should start reading the news.

If you're saying consciousness can appear finite, then you are not looking at consciousness, but something else. Consciousness is already the one looking. 

The sense of self is not consciousness. !

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Dodo said:

If you're saying consciousness can appear finite, then you are not looking at consciousness, but something else. Consciousness is already the one looking. 

The sense of self is not consciousness. !

In this thing we call reality can you lift a car with your bare hands?   To your point that the self isn't Consciousness- well - you're right it isn't- but the Self is..and what are you if you aren't the self?  You just might then be the Self - or Consciousness.    So again I ask you- can you lift a car?   Can Consciousness lift a car in this dream?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

24 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

In this thing we call reality can you lift a car with your bare hands?   To your point that the self isn't Consciousness- well - you're right it isn't- but the Self is..and what are you if you aren't the self?  You just might then be the Self - or Consciousness.    So again I ask you- can you lift a car?   Can Consciousness lift a car in this dream?

You can lift up a rock and split a stick in two. I don't see reality as a dream, I don't like the analogy. Mind trying to enforce its ideas on boundless consciousness. 

In a dream i can lift up a car, I have been even spiderman in a dream. In this reality I am a human, I am not designed to lift up cars, but I can do other things. 

-1/12 is Infinity 

6 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Mind trying to enforce its ideas on boundless consciousness. 

The irony. Consciousness enforcing Consciousness. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

16 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

The irony. Consciousness enforcing Consciousness. 

Mind is not consciousness

Heart is consciousness

-1/12 is Infinity 

Just now, Dodo said:

Mind is not consciousness

Heart is consciousness

What if Mind and Heart were one?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

What if Mind and Heart were one?

Ha! Wouldn't that be the ego's dream. 

-1/12 is Infinity