Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

Best High Yield Savings Accounts

19 posts in this topic

https://youtu.be/ANhf-b2POB4?feature=shared

I just opened a Capital One 360 Savings Account and am getting 4% interest.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Anybody else have a HYSA? I have Marcus, Capital One and Wealthfront. Which HYSA do you like and use?

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

4% sounds reasonable.

I don’t care about a savings account because inflation is much higher. Mostly I invest my money in the stock market.

I may put a 3 months of savings aside for the worst case but sometimes they lock it if you are interested in a higher savings account.

2 hours ago, Heaven said:

4% sounds reasonable.

I don’t care about a savings account because inflation is much higher. Mostly I invest my money in the stock market.

I may put a 3 months of savings aside for the worst case but sometimes they lock it if you are interested in a higher savings account.

I do hysa and VTSAX. Why do they lock it up?

Posted (edited)

Ally, AmEx, and Discover are some of the best.

They all offer about 4% now.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There are a couple offering at least 5%. I’m wondering what effect the Capital One/Discovery merger will have. 

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Ally, AmEx, and Discover are some of the best.

They all offer about 4% now.

Ally seems like a popular choice but they have a lower interest rate at 4.20%. I have been satisfied with Capital One, Marcus, and Wealthfront so far. Wealthfront makes 5% interest, Marcus makes 4.40% and capital one makes 4.25% as of right now. Wealthfront has stayed strong at 5% for the past year it looks like. And Wealthfront has been in business since the Great Recession.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

Wealthsimple in Canada 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I've had the Capital One HYSA for over a year now. It's really great. I have about 25k in there and get about $100 in Interest every month.

It motivates you to want to keep putting your money into it.

I really love all of my HYSA's. I love them all for different reasons. I love Wealthfront, Capital One, and Marcus.

I feel like I am just wanting to open every HYSA possible just to see what they are like. 

7 hours ago, Jehovah increases said:

Annually?

Monthly. 

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Evan Gill said:

I've had the Capital One HYSA for over a year now. It's really great. I have about 25k in there and get about $100 in Interest every month.

It motivates you to want to keep putting your money into it.

That’s awesome! I am really enjoying Wealthfront so far! I love Capital One, Marcus, and Wealthfront.

https://www.wealthfront.com/c/affiliates/invited/AFFB-779H-ULPY-HRG3 

https://www.marcus.com/share/AUS-A5R-H3AA

Edited by r0ckyreed

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

Monthly. 

Eh no, anually.... You may get monthly interest paid to your bank account, but 4.35% is APY

2 hours ago, josemar said:

Eh no, anually.... You may get monthly interest paid to your bank account, but 4.35% is APY

It says monthly interest is 4.11 and apy is 4.25 for capital one

5 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

It says monthly interest is 4.11 and apy is 4.25 for capital one

4.11 what, $ or %?

If APY is 4.25%,  you get about 0.35% monthly.

The rate is annual, the interest payments are made monthly.

I am thinking about posting a review in the next couple months of what I think is the best HYSA. So far, I am really liking Wealthfront. It is easy to use and I can see all my money and have all my accounts in one place. Capital One and Marcus are also great options. I personally do not care for Ally Bank.

It's a bank account, not your future wife.